All things Dundee FC

The pencil pops up on the Twitter page and Dundee fans are hoping it's Greg Stewart and it's ..........  Michael Gardyne?   I hope the club handle this one sensitively as the reaction from the fans could be a bit underwhelming.  It's like hoping for a bike for Christmas and instead you get a knittted pullover from your auntie.   Nothing wrong with knittted pullovers but not when you're expecting something else.  No offence intended to Gardyne who is a decent player.

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

DABs away on the last round. They'll have been mathematically relegated by then anyway imo

What, you don't believe that.... checks notes.... Tam Court will bring an unparalleled era of success to the wee team down the street???

45 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

So it's normal to have a three-week break in January for what I'm guessing is to avoid possible bad weather?

The winter break is indeed a thing, though there will be a Scottish Cup game to also fill in the fixtures... not that they're ever important to us.

17 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Vaccination bus outside Dens tomorrow. Get your season ticket and then get a jab to make sure you make it to your seat.

Are you not getting in, unless you're vaccinated?

Thank you.

See Danny Johnson has left Leyton Orient and signed a two year deal for Nigel Clough at Mansfield Town having scored 20 goals this season.

The feller doesn't seem to hang around for any length of time at any club, albeit Orient did offer him new terms.

Having natural goalscorers like Danny Johnson and Kane Hemmings is no guarantee of goals, if they're not utilised correctly.

Thankfully Mr McPake has already crowd surfed that particular learning curve, lol.

Regards

Announce Greg Stewart please.

Interesting for the minority of folk that preferred Johnson to Hemmings that ultimately he only ended up scoring something like 4 more goals having played something like 15 more games for a decent League 2 side than Hemmings did for a shite League 1 side.

That and Johnson's next move has been to another League 2 side. 

He definitely had his place and could have been the main man for us but Hemmings was always the better option IMO.

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interesting for the minority of folk that preferred Johnson to Hemmings that ultimately he only ended up scoring something like 4 more goals having played something like 15 more games for a decent League 2 side than Hemmings did for a shite League 1 side.

That and Johnson's next move has been to another League 2 side. 

He definitely had his place and could have been the main man for us but Hemmings was always the better option IMO.

Yeah, agree Ludo, Kane Hemmings did his hometown team Burton Albion proud this season also.

Both Danny and Kano could have been something really special at Dens, however not how we applied ourselves in Mr McPakes fearful first season.

All in the past now thankfully though, we will be the main attraction to view football next season in the City of Discovery.

Regards

11 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, agree Ludo, Kane Hemmings did his hometown team Burton Albion proud this season also.

Both Danny and Kano could have been something really special at Dens, however not how we applied ourselves in Mr McPakes fearful first season.

All in the past now thankfully though, we will be the main attraction to view football next season in the City of Discovery.

Regards

I think Kano's form was more down to his mental state. I wouldn't blame McPake for that. The boy, quite rightly, for his own health, needed to go home.

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I think Kano's form was more down to his mental state. I wouldn't blame McPake for that. The boy, quite rightly, for his own health, needed to go home.

That and the utterly shite service he received. He essentially had to create his own chances.

Would have been night and day if he were with us with Charlie teeing him up.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Disagree on this occasion Johnny I'm afraid my man.

Kano I fear attempted to return to his "happy place" during his own personal dark period, however the formations and football we played and adopted were down 110% to James McPake making it was impossible for him to replicate his previous form displayed during his previous tenure at Dens Park.

Merely my opinion.