All things Dundee FC

Our last day in the Championship Forum. (Until next time, no doubt)

The majority of posters in the Championship Forum are realist and quite sensible, as we exchange the good posting of @Hank Scorpio, @19QOS19, @Stellaboz, @D'Jaffo with an honourable mention to @Trogdor, (who advocated the 'Championship Hot Potato' thread and helped lower the red intake from those pesky Morten fans) for utter melts like @MJC, @Old Pack, @Zoomer Brown, @Melanius Mullarkey, @Romeo, @Stormzy and every other DAB c**t. (I would have added @RandomGuy. but he never goes away no matter what division we are in).

I also want to send my apologies out to @thommohawk. A fine, long standing Dundee poster who I had a fall out over something quite trivial, thing's were quite tense as our results were poor at the time.

So long Championship, you are one horrible league.

Hello Premiership, the Box Office is back.

Hopefully we can change the thread title back by then!

Edited by johnnydun

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I know we’ve talked about it before but was it confirmed if we have a sell on clause for jack hendry , with the big names being talked about wanting him to sign a potential bidding war could be good for us

Apparently we do but Ostend have a clause to buy him close to what we paid for and then sell him on for profit this summer. That means Celtic will make little to no profit and the deal and we get next to nothing.

21 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The majority of posters in the Championship Forum are realist and quite sensible, as we exchange the good posting of @Hank Scorpio, @19QOS19, @Stellaboz, @D'Jaffo with an honourable mention to @Trogdor, (who advocated the 'Championship Hot Potato' thread and helped lower the red intake from those pesky Morten fans) for utter melts like @MJC, @Old Pack, @Zoomer Brown, @Melanius Mullarkey, @Romeo, @Stormzy and every other DAB c**t. (I would have added @RandomGuy. but he never goes away no matter what division we are in).

I also want to send my apologies out to @thommohawk. A fine, long standing Dundee poster who I had a fall out over something quite trivial, thing's were quite tense as our results were poor at the time.

Nice to meet you too. 

52 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Apparently we do but Ostend have a clause to buy him close to what we paid for and then sell him on for profit this summer. That means Celtic will make little to no profit and the deal and we get next to nothing.

Are you sure. Why were we able to sell him to Celtic? Would say there is a decent chance he is going to stay at Celts for a while now anyway

Are you sure. Why were we able to sell him to Celtic? Would say there is a decent chance he is going to stay at Celts for a while now anyway
He would need to agree to it but the speculation is that if Ostend did find a buyer, they could give him some sort of deal where he gets a large chunk of a fee himself.

Last time that story surfaced last week, the suggestion was that Ostend would activate the clause at £1.5 million and look to sell for £8.5 million.

He would need to agree to it but the speculation is that if Ostend did find a buyer, they could give him some sort of deal where he gets a large chunk of a fee himself.

Last time that story surfaced last week, the suggestion was that Ostend would activate the clause at £1.5 million and look to sell for £8.5 million.

It would be a tad harsh on us but if the end of the day if Hendry pockets himself £1M or so he deserves it IMO. The lad is a very good player who has been a bit unlucky, hung out to dry by Celtic, cruciate knee ligament injury etc and he’s dug deep and battled back. Good luck Jack.

It's madness how many diddy team fans just dismissed Hendry as shite and a liability due to a shite experience at Celtic. Surely most diddy fans have seen their clubs prized talents get absolutely ruined at one of the OF and 9 times out of 10 it's not indicative of their ability?

Pleased to see he's slowly turning the 'joke figure' status around.

Also, here's an update to our squad list. Any mistakes? I've not included youth such as Harrison Sharp & the Strachans that have barely played in the first team. Obviously if they have an impact this season, the Max Anderson/Finlay Robertson rule applies and they'll be added to the first team squad list.

Goalkeepers

13: Adam Legzdins (34) - May 2023

Defenders

#2: Cammy Kerr (25) - May 2023

#4: Liam Fontaine (35) - May 2022

#14: Lee Ashcroft (27) - May 2022

#16: Christie Elliott (30) - May 2022

#23: Jordan Marshall (24) - May 2023

#29: Sam Fisher (19) - May 2023

Midfielders

#3: Jordan McGhee (24) - May 2023

#8: Shaun Byrne (27) - May 2022 (Option of further year)

#10: Paul McGowan (33) - May 2022

#11: Declan McDaid (25) - May 2022 

#18: Paul McMullan (25) - May 2023

#19: Finlay Robertson (18) - May 2023

#22: Callum Moore (21) - Contract expired but no update.

#24: Max Anderson (20) - May 2023

#26: Charlie Adam (35) - May 2022

#: Luke McCowan (23) - May 2023

Strikers

#7: Alex Jakubiak (24) - May 2022

#9: Danny Mullen (26) - May 2022

#35: Jason Cummings (25) - May 2022

Manager

James McPake (36) - Rolling Contract.

I've also put the annual thread for squad lists in the Prem forum:

Edited by Ludo*1

Someone on the other forum saying we are looking at Keiren Westwood to challenge Adam Legzdins.

That'd be some coup and possibly be our new first choice if that happened. Been largely ever present for Sheffield Wednesday for the past 7 seasons, formerly RoI number 1, and won Sheff Wed's PotY twice.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Someone on the other forum saying we are looking at Keiren Westwood to challenge Adam Legzdins.

That'd be some coup and possibly be our new first choice if that happened. Been largely ever present for Sheffield Wednesday for the past 7 seasons, formerly RoI number 1, and won Sheff Wed's PotY twice.

Westwood played with McPake at Coventry from 2009 until 2011, so they certainly know each other. On ye come, Keiren.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did Well at Carlisle and his career has only went up the way. Didn't know he was 36. If he came to dundee he would/ should be our number 1 goalkeeper. Wouldn't be surprised he can still go to a team in English championship 

If we get Westwood I can't imagine he'll be cheap. I'm happy with Legzdins and would rather spend the budget on a top level potential CH, left winger and striker with a cheaper goalie back-up (and emergency loan if required). Prefer all to be in the 21-24 yo range where their best years are ahead of them. 

2 minutes ago, DieDee said:

If we get Westwood I can't imagine he'll be cheap. I'm happy with Legzdins and would rather spend the budget on a top level potential CH, left winger and striker with a cheaper goalie back-up (and emergency loan if required). Prefer all to be in the 21-24 yo range where their best years are ahead of them. 

This for me is exactly what we need. I'd love to say a decent right back but I know this won't happen 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

73C0EF91-B973-41CA-9012-3F167E17ECCD.gif

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's madness how many diddy team fans just dismissed Hendry as shite and a liability due to a shite experience at Celtic. Surely most diddy fans have seen their clubs prized talents get absolutely ruined at one of the OF and 9 times out of 10 it's not indicative of their ability?

Pleased to see he's slowly turning the 'joke figure' status around.

They seemed oblivious to the fact that when they signed him he'd really only played about 40 total first team matches despite his age. Threw him in at the deep end in CL matches etc then the fans hit the fucking roof and wrote him off as shite when it was clear as day he simply wasn't ready for that sort of step up just yet.