All things Dundee FC

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Aware it's been mentioned before, but this is the first time I've seen it being officially discussed in a publication. Article mainly discussing Killie's interest in Euan Murray, but we're also mentioned as being keen on him.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7167974/kilmarnock-dunfermline-euan-murray-tommy-wright/

Would’ve be great in the Championship, can we afford and get better now we are back where we belong?

13 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Is Mellon being sacked or is he leaving? I’m sure yinited payed Tranmere for him? Is 9th 2 points of 5th not fairly decent for your first season in PL?

Told fat Tony to stick it where the sun don't shine. IMO.

18 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Is Mellon being sacked or is he leaving? I’m sure yinited payed Tranmere for him? Is 9th 2 points of 5th not fairly decent for your first season in PL?

Seems like Mellon is leaving, apparently pissed off with not having full managerial control over signings and the club are supposedly mad at him for not utilising the youth players more in the 1st team, as that's crucial to Ogren's hopes of making any of the millions he's chucked away on them back. That's the reason talk of an in-house hire is so widespread, as it would leave TA in full charge of transfers and (presumably) Tam Courts, head of tactical performance at the youth academy, as the head coach and in charge of stocking the 1st XI chock-full of youth players.

Hope they're as good as advertised for their sakes!

First post on here - Dundee fan through my Gran (long story involving her Dundee loving friends!)

On match tickets etc...Once all the Covid dramas are over...are there just buy on the day tickets etc? Just wondered what it was like before all the Covid stuff started. My mate lives near Edinburgh so would get the train over when I visit him.

God knows how long this will take...probably season after next at this rate...

28 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Seems like Mellon is leaving, apparently pissed off with not having full managerial control over signings and the club are supposedly mad at him for not utilising the youth players more in the 1st team, as that's crucial to Ogren's hopes of making any of the millions he's chucked away on them back. That's the reason talk of an in-house hire is so widespread, as it would leave TA in full charge of transfers and (presumably) Tam Courts, head of tactical performance at the youth academy, as the head coach and in charge of stocking the 1st XI chock-full of youth players.

Some mess. Sad to see any team go through that.

nicolas cage wink GIF

First post on here - Dundee fan through my Gran (long story involving her Dundee loving friends!)
On match tickets etc...Once all the Covid dramas are over...are there just buy on the day tickets etc? Just wondered what it was like before all the Covid stuff started. My mate lives near Edinburgh so would get the train over when I visit him.
God knows how long this will take...probably season after next at this rate...
Tickets are normally on sale from the club shop up until kick-off.

1 hour ago, jakedee said:

Tickets are normally on sale from the club shop up until kick-off.

I would imagne that, at least iniitally, it will be season ticket holders only, so they can keep track of addresses for Track & Trace/Test & Protect or whatever. Possibly no away fans, or registered supporters clubs only, until things get closer to whatever normal is... 

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

…and people have the cheek to call us the fun, tbf to TA he’s not totally wrong in that for years yinited have produced so good talent which should be totally utilised IF they are good enough, having said that I’d have trusted MM’s judgement on the matter after paying a fee for the guy with over 30years footballing experience, but what do I know 🤷

46 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I would imagne that, at least iniitally, it will be season ticket holders only, so they can keep track of addresses for Track & Trace/Test & Protect or whatever. Possibly no away fans, or registered supporters clubs only, until things get closer to whatever normal is... 

Yes - in for a long wait until I can just rock up etc. Probably season 22-23 at this rate. Pain in the arse...

40 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Your MD's a bit of a p***k isn't he? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57271111

How is he based on that? Was asked if he thought the divisions in Scottish football could lead to a split, and he said yes, it potentially could. Thought what he said about the vote was perfectly fair, though those who are still crying about it might say different.

As expected, the carefully chosen headline has morons crying again, whereas in actuality everything he said was perfectly reasonable. He hasn't made any outrageous claims at all, though people will just read the headline and lose their minds anyway.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

…and people have the cheek to call us the fun, tbf to TA he’s not totally wrong in that for years yinited have produced so good talent which should be totally utilised IF they are good enough, having said that I’d have trusted MM’s judgement on the matter after paying a fee for the guy with over 30years footballing experience, but what do I know 🤷

Right, I'm not coming back from a wee sabbatical to read about us talking about those c***s on this thread. 

Merci. 

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I don’t. 

46 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

How is he based on that? Was asked if he thought the divisions in Scottish football could lead to a split, and he said yes, it potentially could. Thought what he said about the vote was perfectly fair, though those who are still crying about it might say different.

As expected, the carefully chosen headline has morons crying again, whereas in actuality everything he said was perfectly reasonable. He hasn't made any outrageous claims at all, though people will just read the headline and lose their minds anyway.

Agree with all that Ross. You could also add that the Yes vote caused more harm to Dundee than good. Losing out on the playoff chance of going up last season was criminal imo.