All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Who is Shay Logan learning his trade with? 

Pitkerro are based in Dundee and have a couple players on their books. Rory McAllister being one. 

Recall reading an article last year he was in training as a plumber at that time.

Would appear he's now qualified or must be close as he's set up a new company with two other partners based in Dyce.

Says his family are settled in Aberdeen, however even a 12 month contract at Dens surely has to be better than working for a living, lol.

There again, maybe not. 

31 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Just don't think he offers an awful lot.

He can't defend ? Assists? Maybe , genuinely don't know how many he has. A threat upfront or get in about the goals? 

For me Holt offered at the time more than what Marshall does currently. However if he has declined that bad then aye we look elsewhere. 

When we get promoted Marshall would carry on as our left back ? Oh my 

It's true that Marshall probably couldn't cut it for us at any level above the championship.

In the likes of the 6 2 defeats at Tynecastle and Tannadice he's been particularly awful.

We've got a really good base of a team just now but that's why another year to get it absolutely right all over would probably do this club better.

Obviously I'm not ruling out the play off as we have a Premier league budget -i fully expect us to compete. If you're looking at the club over a period of a decade though then defeat to Kilmarnock is not a disaster, if the correct measures were taken in the summer.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

We've got a really good base of a team just now but that's why another year to get it absolutely right all over would probably do this club better.

In an ideal world I completely agree, but every club loses players during a year through transfer or injury.

Most of the championship squads will radically change as players move up or down the league's.

Best case scenario is promotion and investment. Worst case scenario is promotion and going straight back down again.

Either way we are going up, f**k Kilmarnock.

39 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It's true that Marshall probably couldn't cut it for us at any level above the championship.

In the likes of the 6 2 defeats at Tynecastle and Tannadice he's been particularly awful.

Obviously I'm not ruling out the play off as we have a Premier league budget -i fully expect us to compete. If you're looking at the club over a period of a decade though then defeat to Kilmarnock is not a disaster, if the correct measures were taken in the summer.

Thank you.

He didn’t play the 6-2 at Tannadice did he? I’m sure it was the boy Mackie

EDIT: Never mind, he did play.

Edited by RossDee01

46 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Thank you.

I agree with this. However if we do stay down our biggest barrier now is our manager. If we were to bring someone in with these players already here I believe we can move forward. I still don't have faith in mcpake , I wish i did but not to be. Even if a new manager came in and tweaked a few positions I think we be alright. 

I say all this but regardless after these two games he will be here still 

2 huge games coming up. Excited 🙂

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

On the evidence of his last spell at QoS he's gone backwards. Thought he might return to us but not too fussed that he's not. 

^^^^^ This. Really liked Kevin in his first spell with Queens,  but wasn't the same player in his second spell.

30 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

^^^^^ This. Really liked Kevin in his first spell with Queens,  but wasn't the same player in his second spell.

Once upon a time, Kevin Holt and Mark Durnan looked like two of the most promising talents in the Championship.

I remember QotS fans saying United got the better player as we signed them both in the same summer IIRC.

I'd have Holt back simply to give us proper cover at left-back, but I don't think he's any better than Marshall so I wouldn't bring him to Dens expecting him to be first choice. He flogged a goal every other week in his first spell here, so if he's a poorer player now I honestly can't see how he'd be an improvement on Marshall. Spanish John was a far superior player at that time.

Noticing a few clubs seem to be partnering up with premier league teams Brighton and Burnley partnering with hibs and Ayr, are we in any form of partnership whether it be a bigger club or a wee juniors team?

Noticing a few clubs seem to be partnering up with premier league teams Brighton and Burnley partnering with hibs and Ayr, are we in any form of partnership whether it be a bigger club or a wee juniors team?

https://www.capcitysc.com/dundee

There was also the random coaching link up with AC Milan but no idea what happened with that.