All things Dundee FC

Killie were promoted (automatically back then)  in second place eleven points behind our title winning team in May 1993 and have been in the top flight ever since. 

The fall from grace since Stevie Clarke left is quite considerable. Time they were punted. However, I fear they may be just too strong over the two legs. Nonetheless, all the best guys for your play off final. Hope it's successful.

Please for the love of all that is good in this world, send the ki**ie scum down. Its all they deserve, plus it would be hysterical hearing the wails from up the road! It's up to you, Dundee.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

We've got to do this for the sake of Scottish football. Can't have such a boring team in the top flight anymore. Hamilton have been flushed, it's now time to get rid of the dullards that are Kilmarnock.

Fun fact - of the 38 clubs that were in the Scottish League when it split into 3 leagues back in the mid 70s only Kilmarnock and Stenhousemuir have not won a league title since then.

Kilmarnock have also finished in the bottom half of the top flight for 8 of the last 10 seasons.

Time to flush them, Mon the Dee!

Edited by drs

48 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

If we play on the front foot. The controlled tactics of the Raith Rovers game on Saturday wont work in a helter skelter 180 mins win or bust next week.

We were playing last night as if we started the game with a 3-0 lead in the game itself. I doubt that similar attitude will remain for the Final. Expecting performances like the 1st leg.

Got the call!!!  Well my son did but same difference!  Will be cheering on now regardless of which team/set up McPake gives us.  

Lucky bassa!

If they’re phoning everyone it’s going to take some time I suppose.

Hope lives.

3 minutes ago, FortescueFotheringhamSmyth said:

Bet365 just gone up and have the 'Dee at 13/5 for the 1st leg😲😮😯

Maybe I know even less about football than I do about bookmakiing - having worked in the the latter industry longer than I was officially involved in the former - but that just looks wrong.

I doubt it will last.

Get on.

Was thinking the same. I can understand the logic of Killie being favourites over two legs, but being sub-evens for the first (away) leg seems way off.

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Was thinking the same. I can understand the logic of Killie being favourites over two legs, but being sub-evens for the first (away) leg seems way off.

I was expecting 15/8 Dundee, 11/8 Killie and 9/4 the draw from the 1st cautious compiler to chalk up. 

If there was going to be a slight variation in that, I'd have thought Dundee may have been a wee bit shorter and Killie a mite longer.

5 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

In the words of James McFadden ( and I think he has a valid point).

"Dundee are doing well and we speak about Charlie Adam but you can be sure he won't be getting the time and space on the ball that Raith gave him in the first leg of the play-off semi-final".

Which opens up space for the likes of McMullan, McGowan and Cummings to be a bit more creative in the final third.

36 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

In the words of James McFadden ( and I think he has a valid point).

"Dundee are doing well and we speak about Charlie Adam but you can be sure he won't be getting the time and space on the ball that Raith gave him in the first leg of the play-off semi-final".

It's not a valid point at all, it's not like Adam playing for us is a surprise and we caught Raith off guard.