All things Dundee FC

If Marshall is fit he should be straight back into the side. You don't leave out your natural left-sided fullback for a right-footed player who can't even get in the side at his natural position. I don't care how well Kerr played against Raith or QoS, he's played left-back before and looked utterly hopeless, including the game in which Marshall was injured and everything down the left side completely ground to a halt as soon as Kerr came on. McDaid was left running around trying to beat two men with no support at all every single time the ball came to him. The fact Cammy happened to have a couple of decent games at the position doesn't outweigh the rest of the times he's played there and looked utterly lost.

Oh, and even if McGhee is fully fit (I'm not convinced he is, he certainly hasn't looked match-sharp) I'd still be tempted to play Anderson in midfield ahead of him if we are playing 4-4-2. McGhee did well playing in a three, but he didn't do much in his comeback game when we played 4-4-2, whereas Anderson has been scoring regularly and seems to play the box-to-box role in that formation to a tee. Fair enough if McPake is reverting back to 4-3-3, then I'd play McGhee.

To be honest, I'm not sure we actually do really play a 4-4-2 even when the team line suggests it, because it usually involves playing Mullen and he drops deep constantly, meaning we're more akin to a 4-2-3-1. I think McPake's more keen on the genuine 4-3-3 we played when we beat Hearts at Dens, and if that means it keeps Mullen out of the side then I hope that's what he goes with in the playoffs. I think Byrne, McGowan, McGhee, McDaid, Cummings, McMullan is a better side than McGowan, Anderson, McDaid, McMullan, Mullen, Cummings at least. Charlie Adam hasn't looked the same since Covid, so I wouldn't start him, but he's a great option to have on the bench.

Edited by Boo Khaki

I think some may need reminding that after some pretty poor performances from Elliot, Kerr was back in the side. When Marshall got injured Kerr moved to left back and Elliot came on. Kerr should not be dropped, particularly after his recent performances, and Marshall in his natural left back position is the way to go

Raith our first hurdle to pass then.

Dunfermline missed chance after chance in them two legs - we should be confident. A team with Davidson and Benedictus at the back shouldn't be striking fear into us.

Get the job done Dundee.

As a side note Montrose beating Morten is a lovely wee bonus in the relegation first leg and if the DABs remain behind in the second half ill certainly be enjoying a cold one tonight.

Roll on Wednesday.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

Raith our first hurdle to pass then.

Dunfermline missed chance after chance in them two legs - we should be confident. A team with Davidson and Benedictus at the back shouldn't be striking fear into us.

Get the job done Dundee.

As a side note Montrose beating Morten is a lovely wee bonus in the relegation first leg and the if the DABs remain behind in the second half ill certainly be enjoying a cold one tonight.

Roll on Wednesday.

Thank you.

Davo came off holding his hammy, subbed off for Mendy - the boy who I remember gifting Andy Nelson two goals last season - coming on. Here's hoping Mendy starts at least on Wednesday.

6 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

As a side note Montrose beating Morten is a lovely wee bonus in the relegation first leg 

Noticed this this morning. Has the Championship side entering the play off so early always been a thing or has it been brought in just this season? 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Noticed this this morning. Has the Championship side entering the play off so early always been a thing or has it been brought in just this season? 

What do you mean? That Morton play 4th in the seaside? That's always been a thing.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Pretty sure it's the norm although could be wrong, wouldn't usually pay attention but for the Vile Morten.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

19 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Davo came off holding his hammy, subbed off for Mendy - the boy who I remember gifting Andy Nelson two goals last season - coming on. Here's hoping Mendy starts at least on Wednesday.

The potential for Nando to hammer Dundee is delicious...and there's also the chance he'll absolutely f**k it up, so fun for you too! Plus, Davo could be just fine. Looking forward to a couple of interesting matches, and wondering how Mcpake will play this? Surely there has to be a way to screw up he hasn't used yet this year.