All things Dundee FC

4 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

All of the biggest clubs will be there, with only really Livi (& Fermers?) as "wee teams". 

😂

8 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

To be honest, if we do go up, that will necessarily mean that probably both Hamilton & Ross County will be relegated (think Killie will have too much to finish in the bottom 2). That will give us the most stacked top flight in recent memory. All of the biggest clubs will be there, with only really Livi (& Fermers?) as "wee teams". This probably means that there won't be an obvious relegation candidate, unless it's us. Can we really afford to have another McPake special start, where we don't get going until February? Can we afford to be throwing away points in the first two rounds of fixtures until he finds (stumbles upon) the right formation to maximise the best of what squad we have? I don't really want to be in a position where we are yo-yoing between the top two divisions every season or so, we really need a good 5-10 year spell in the top flight as a minimum. Do I think we will achieve this with the current managerial team? No, I do not.

Sorry to remind you of the fact that Dundee have not been a big team for many many years.

FUCKIN  DELUDED !!!!!

1 hour ago, Hayshead2 said:

Sorry to remind you of the fact that Dundee have not been a big team for many many years.

FUCKIN  DELUDED !!!!!

Please re-read my post. I said the top flight would have all the biggest clubs in it. Which it will.  (In the circumstances outlined.)

Marshall and Fontaine definitely back for Wednesday, and there are genuine questions there now if they get in the squad over Kerr and McGhee imo. At least we'll be spoiled for choice going into these massive games.

15 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Marshall and Fontaine definitely back for Wednesday, and there are genuine questions there now if they get in the squad over Kerr and McGhee imo. At least we'll be spoiled for choice going into these massive games.

Indeed. Cammy has been very impressive in the wrong position. Delighted for him as he’s one of us. 

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

All the information anyone needs to claim a direct refund or a credit towards your next season ticket is on the website.

There is a cut off date, with anything unclaimed being assumed as a gift to the club.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/2019-20-refund-update/

I've sent an e-mail asking for my money to be put towards next season's ST.

I hope all that can do so do the same or even better, donate it to the club if you're flash with cash.

About time the club offered this though.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've sent an e-mail asking for my money to be put towards next season's ST.

I hope all that can do so do the same or even better, donate it to the club if you're flash with cash.

About time the club offered this though.

The discussion I had this morning made it sound like they were still months out from agreement. It honestly took me by surprise to see the insurance announcement today.

The words frustrating, ongoing and protracted were used a lot, so I think the club were just as fatigued by the whole situation as the fans.

Glad it's done.

Edited by Crawford

3 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Indeed. Cammy has been very impressive in the wrong position. Delighted for him as he’s one of us. 

I did say when Marshall got injured that Kerr is better at left back then right back.

Being on his wrong side i genuinely believe makes him think more about what to do instead of punting it straight out the pitch. He has been better of late but Marshall should come straight back in, simply as he's the better player. I'm afraid its a massive no from me on a new contract aswell - it's time to move on. Thanks for the effort, Dundee FC needs better quality to move forward however.

As for Fontaine, i wanted McGhee and Ashcroft to be our pairing for the play offs anyway  so i'm happy for that to stay as it is.

McPake has the decisions to make though and lets hope his choice turns out well. For me Raith have hit a patch of bad performances and i'd rather play them, Dunfermline missed sitter after sitter in the first leg (highlights available on Raiths youtube).

Thank you.

Marshall back in and leave the central defence alone.
I seem to be alone in my belief that Cammy is not as bad on the right side, or as good on the left side as others clearly believe.
If we get promoted I think Marshall’s lack of pace will be exposed in the top league.