All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

I always tend to be more lenient than most. More of my leaning towards keeping him was based on continuity than anything else, along with the fact that the youths seem to be getting more of a chance which has been great to see, although it’s hard to know if that’s the Strachan influence or just good timing really.

I’ll admit I don’t see McPake being here in 2 years time, with even the end of next season being a slim chance.

Youths getting a chance with the highlight being Anderson has been good to see. You won't see me arguing on this point for sure.  I made a ridiculous comment at the start of the season if we played a load of youths all season and stuck with them and finished 4th or so I'd have been happy. Still don't know where I stand with that comment , probably dosnt matter and can put it into the sea but I like youth to be given a chance for sure. 

15 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Youths getting a chance with the highlight being Anderson has been good to see. You won't see me arguing on this point for sure.  I made a ridiculous comment at the start of the season if we played a load of youths all season and stuck with them and finished 4th or so I'd have been happy. Still don't know where I stand with that comment , probably dosnt matter and can put it into the sea but I like youth to be given a chance for sure. 

I’m with you on that comment, oddly more so with Mcpake at the helm, he ultimately got the job as he had been really successful with the youths and I assumed that when he was brought on he’d bring them on as his bread and butter , as it stands we have 2 youth players he’d given a chance in robertson last season who is still younger than 19 I think who by rights should have been sent out on loan even before his injury and Anderson who really I’m sure we are all surprised as to how he turned out probably except Mcpake he must have played him knowing what he can do

most of the season until January we had loads of youth on the bench, I’m not sure he used one and over used Adam possibly it all got scrapped I think at the start of the season when the 16 year old Cameron got torn a new one putting youth firmly in the bin

Next seasons league cup will be interesting regarding the youths as there should be quite a few that are contention. Not convinced any are ready to play more than a few mins in the championship yet but I guess I would have said the same about Anderson a year ago.

No one wanted McPake to get the job less than me, no one. Not one wanted him sacked more than me. I care about this club and I want us to have some success in my lifetime. I guess this why when you get guys with money and emotions running clubs, who become fans,like Romanov at Hearts or that crazy fucker at Watford, they do bat shit crazy stuff and start sacking managers every 3 months. f**k if I one the lottery and bought Dundee I’d be changing managers as often as a hooker drops her keks.
However I’m trying to be reasonable. Sacking cuntos every 5 minutes never got anyone anywhere. We were funded to finish second, we’ve finished second, give Jazzer another season I reckon.

Stewart Petrie furthering his credentials by adding to the Falkirk embarrassment.

He's got to go down as the promising lower league manager right now. Probably got the smallest budget in league 1 and now a couple of games away from the Championship.

On 20/02/2021 at 18:29, MS RR said:

You might need to back them in league 1 next season

On 20/02/2021 at 18:34, MS RR said:

Probably, but we might not be in league 1 next season. 

Dundee direct is absolute pants, unsure how many times Iv tried to get something from the website to get an email 3 days later saying they don’t have it or don’t have it in the size...😫😫

5 hours ago, Yenitit said:

I’ve read elsewhere we’ve dropped 14 points to the bottom 3 and obviously lost the league by 12. I’ve not checked but If that stat is correct then if we don’t go up that is unforgivable. 

ALLOA ...draw win win -2 points

morton...win draw draw -4 points

ayr..loss loss win -6 points....14 if you add on the draw at arbroath 17 if you add on the loss at home to QOS 19 if you add on the 12 min spell v dunfermline 21 if you add in the last min equaliser at home v raith etc etc...we should have skooshed the league 🤣we finished 2nd and going by budgets(boys love budgets)its where we should have finished...its all done now lets get fucking past dunfermline or raith and give it a right good go v the premiership team.

5 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

ayr..loss loss win -6 points....14 if you add on the draw at arbroath 17 if you add on the loss at home to QOS 19 if you add on the 12 min spell v dunfermline 21 if you add in the last min equaliser at home v raith etc etc...we should have skooshed the league 🤣we finished 2nd and going by budgets(boys love budgets)its where we should have finished...its all done now lets get fucking past dunfermline or raith and give it a right good go v the premiership team.

Ooft, dropping 17 points to the bottom 5 teams 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Ooft, dropping 17 points to the bottom 5 teams 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

aye its not the best..frustrating thing for me is we only lost 2 more games than hearts it was the draws that killed us....morton x 2 dunfermline and raith at home and arbroath away theres 10 points right there lob in a win v alloa away and it would have been a lot closer...but it wasnt so lets get the playoffs sorted and get back up pronto.

1 hour ago, Meeniedee said:

So simple

5 minutes ago, Ylf said:

looking ahead i know but if we manage to go up would you stick with mcpake?

To be honest, if we do go up, that will necessarily mean that probably both Hamilton & Ross County will be relegated (think Killie will have too much to finish in the bottom 2). That will give us the most stacked top flight in recent memory. All of the biggest clubs will be there, with only really Livi (& Fermers?) as "wee teams". This probably means that there won't be an obvious relegation candidate, unless it's us. Can we really afford to have another McPake special start, where we don't get going until February? Can we afford to be throwing away points in the first two rounds of fixtures until he finds (stumbles upon) the right formation to maximise the best of what squad we have? I don't really want to be in a position where we are yo-yoing between the top two divisions every season or so, we really need a good 5-10 year spell in the top flight as a minimum. Do I think we will achieve this with the current managerial team? No, I do not.

36 minutes ago, Ylf said:

looking ahead i know but if we manage to go up would you stick with mcpake?

If McPake survived the months of torture then he's not going to be shown the door after sealing promotion.

My personal view is that he's saved himself through large slices of luck instead of competence. McDaid was very good in the latter stages and the two natural wide men giving our formation some balance was the main reason for our upturn . McDaid was being sent out to Partick; i can only imagine McGowan was going to be our wide man which wouldn't have led to us finishing second.

Replacing Hamilton and Forster were the next biggest issues and were finally sorted. Two utterly incompetent players who McPake stuck with for at least a year too long.

Throw in Cummimgs, McMullen and Anderson since January and the factors behind our upturn are clear. there's no magic reason, we have simply replaced the dross in our team while adding some good players. Does make me wonder why Kerr was preferred in centre mid at Arbroath and Moore at Raith ahead of Anderson - the sort of lunacy we've had to deal with (while Adam took the blame).

Overall we're in a much better place than early in the season where Adam won us so many points on his own while we were a sack of shite.

We now have a starting eleven capable of beating any of the teams we'll face in the play offs. Now comes the need to rely on the players - something no Dundee fan will ever be comfortable with.

We need McPake to rise to the occassion better than his hair follicles have risen post hair transplant. 

Come on the Dees.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

If McPake survived the months of torture then he's not going to be shown the door after sealing promotion.
My personal view is that he's saved himself through large slices of luck instead of competence. McDaid was very good in the latter stages and the two natural wide men giving our formation some balance was the main reason for our upturn . McDaid was being sent out to Partick; i can only imagine McGowan was going to be our wide man which wouldn't have led to us finishing second.
Replacing Hamilton and Forster were the next biggest issues and were finally sorted. Two utterly incompetent players who McPake stuck with for at least a year too long.
Throw in Cummimgs, McMullen and Anderson since January and the factors behind our upturn are clear. there's no magic reason, we have simply replaced the dross in our team while adding some good players. Does make me wonder why Kerr was preferred in centre mid at Arbroath and Moore at Raith ahead of Anderson - the sort of lunacy we've had to deal with (while Adam took the blame).
Overall we're in a much better place than early in the season where Adam won us so many points on his own while we were a sack of shite.
We now have a starting eleven capable of beating any of the teams we'll face in the play offs. Now comes the need to rely on the players - something no Dundee fan will ever be comfortable with.
We need McPake to rise to the occassion better than his hair follicles have risen post hair transplant. 
Come on the Dees.
Thank you.

Can only assume he thought those subs were better defensive options than Anderson, given we were losing McGhee. Unfortunately we are only capable of attacking and he probably would have better bringing on a striker!