All things Dundee FC

39 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m not trying to argue or agree with you, but he openly came out and said he wasn’t given funds for a goalkeeper. It was discussed at length on here as everyone thought it was strange that he had a designated goalkeeping budget.

I think McPake has done as could be expected this season. It doesn’t sit right with me that people still want him sacked even if we get promoted. 

I’m expressing an opinion that is the exact opposite of yours, no harm in either and it’ll take a hell of a lot of improvement for that to change. Going by your last post we are polar opposites regards football and our club. Without obviously being in on the budget talks with Nelms I think it’s nonsense to say there is a budget for keepers, 1 left back, 3 centrehalfs when that’s your preferred tactic, 1 wide player and at least 6 central midfielder. Sorry but no 1 will convince me there’s a separate goalkeeper budget and if McPake has intimated this in the past it’s merely covering his tracks to a monumental f**k up. 

This season has been terrible imo. League aside the efforts in the cup were pitiful bordering on embarrassing. Taking Bonneyrigg Rose at home to penalties is as bad a result as our club has had in our history. He’s got 4 games to change that. It’s great to see on here people sticking to their guns and not forgetting the complete shambles of the previous 18 months before March 2021. 

Edited by Yenitit

4 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

It’s great to see on here people sticking to their guns and not forgetting the complete shambles of the previous 18 months before March 2021. 

I’m glad my work don’t judge me, or completely write me off based on my first year or so in the job.

43 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m not trying to argue or agree with you, but he openly came out and said he wasn’t given funds for a goalkeeper. It was discussed at length on here as everyone thought it was strange that he had a designated goalkeeping budget.

I think McPake has done as could be expected this season. It doesn’t sit right with me that people still want him sacked even if we get promoted. 

He also said that Hazard was basically done but Celtic vetoed it.

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m glad my work don’t judge me, or completely write me off based on my first year or so in the job.

Football is a completely different job to the man on the streets. You hit the ground running or your gone. Applies to all aspects of football. You’re not good enough you’re gone simple as that. 

Its really good you’re in a workplace that recognises a 2 month spell of good work. Don’t leave there would be my advice 👍

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

He also said that Hazard was basically done but Celtic vetoed it.

Was that after a certain keeper flogged yet more goals? You’d think after his very 1st game as manager of the club he’d realise the guy between the sticks that day was never going to be good enough. 

Legzdins feels like a world beater in comparison simply because he takes command of his area relatively well, appears to organise those around him and actually saves a shot. Good luck to the keeper but I hope we don’t see him representing our club again. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Was that after a certain keeper flogged yet more goals? You’d think after his very 1st game as manager of the club he’d realise the guy between the sticks that day was never going to be good enough. 

Legzdins feels like a world beater in comparison simply because he takes command of his area relatively well, appears to organise those around him and actually saves a shot. Good luck to the keeper but I hope we don’t see him representing our club again. 

He said it after signing Legzdins and implied it was out of the clubs hands. Pretty negligent if it was a case of us only having one target in October IMO.

17 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’m expressing an opinion that is the exact opposite of yours, no harm in either and it’ll take a hell of a lot of improvement for that to change. Going by your last post we are polar opposites regards football and our club. Without obviously being in on the budget talks with Nelms I think it’s nonsense to say there is a budget for keepers, 1 left back, 3 centrehalfs when that’s your preferred tactic, 1 wide player and at least 6 central midfielder. Sorry but no 1 will convince me there’s a separate goalkeeper budget and if McPake has intimated this in the past it’s merely covering his tracks to a monumental f**k up. 

This season has been terrible imo. League aside the efforts in the cup were pitiful bordering on embarrassing. Taking Bonneyrigg Rose at home to penalties is as bad a result as our club has had in our history. He’s got 4 games to change that. It’s great to see on here people sticking to their guns and not forgetting the complete shambles of the previous 18 months before March 2021. 

Tbf to the team the Bonnyrigg result any other day could have seen us up by 10 goals , just so happend that their keeper had the game of his life

58 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Probably about the same time your shambles of an account is fired into the sun after you inevitably have a complete emotional breakdown. 

Harsh, yet fair. 

Just now, D TOTAL said:

Tbf to the team the Bonnyrigg result any other day could have seen us up by 10 goals , just so happend that their keeper had the game of his life

Danny Mullen was dreadful that game. Seen more of the stand behind the goals than anything. Woeful 

1 minute ago, harry94 said:

He said it after signing Legzdins and implied it was out of the clubs hands. Pretty negligent if it was a case of us only having one target in October IMO.

Pretty negligent for it to have taken it until October wouldn’t you agree? Surely you and the manager don’t think Hamilton was going to be good enough up to that point do you? 🤦🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Not buying that sorry. Our finishing that day was horrendous. Thankfully Bonnyrigg missed a sitter that day or they would’ve been out of sight. 

Are you defending that display that day?

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Pretty negligent for it to have taken it until October wouldn’t you agree? Surely you and the manager don’t think Hamilton was going to be good enough up to that point do you? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Crossed wires, I'm also slating McPake for the goalkeeper situation.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I thought Mcpake was happy with ferrie and Hamilton. When dorrans left it freed up some wages and we then got the English goalkeeper.

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Danny Mullen was dreadful that game. Seen more of the stand behind the goals than anything. Woeful 

That’s exactly how I remember it. Don’t think the big lad Sow covered himself in glory that day. Thank f**k Charlie Adam kept going until the end laying chance after chance on a plate. 

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

That’s exactly how I remember it. Don’t think the big lad Sow covered himself in glory that day. Thank f**k Charlie Adam kept going until the end laying chance after chance on a plate. 

It was the day St.mirren fans and dundee fans were telling me Mullen was pretty good. Still don't see it 

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

I thought Mcpake was happy with ferrie and Hamilton. When dorrans left it freed up some wages and we then got the English goalkeeper.

I can only agree with that summary, scary aye 

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

It was the day St.mirren fans and dundee fans were telling me Mullen was pretty good. Still don't see it 

Never believe a St Mirren fan. Dundee fans? More than 1 of us tried to convince you 😮 the guy runs about a lot...