All things Dundee FC

Ashcroft has scored 1 goal more than Fontaine! 9 goals from to CH’s who haven’t played every week. Fookin remarkable I’d say. Probably says more about the pish we’re up against. Lol.

Got to face facts, big gormless lad will be out manager next season regardless.

In my weaker moments I even think he might be getting to grips with the job.

If everybody is fit Marshall for Cammy is the only change I’d make from Friday. Leave McGhee at CH, Anderson in midfield, and Mullen on the bench.

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

Player of the Season for me, probably somewhat predictably to some is Sir Charles of Adam.

He could easily have ended his footballing career elsewhere in the UK, however he came to us due to the fact, like us, he actually cares.

Recent close family private and personal losses and then indeed serious illness to himself will have tested his resolve and inner strength.

Yet, there he was, part of our team at age 35 until the 92nd minute at full-time last night, doing what he does best professionally. Not due to the wage packet, but because he actually cares.

Good luck to James McPake and his overall team, which after all is also yours and mine.

Thank you and regards.      

Would say Adam's got one season left, be interesting to see what he's on per week, also agree he's player of the year.

Thank you.

As I have said before Dundee used to be one of my favourite clubs but after the stab in the back  last summer - no more! 

As I will never set foot inside Dens again I am looking forward to crossing swords with you lot next season at Firhill. The result won't matter just as long as Dundee are still in the Championship that will do me! 

Will be very disappointed if you  fluke promotion so saying my prayers every night to the big chief not to give  you promotion! 

It's difficult though someone has to get promoted and I and not sure which I dislike most Dundee/Nelms or Rsith/Clark. Some comfort in the fact both of you can't go up to the SPL

C'Mon the Pars! 

16 minutes ago, Exiledjag said:

As I have said before Dundee used to be one of my favourite clubs but after the stab in the back  last summer - no more! 

As I will never set foot inside Dens again I am looking forward to crossing swords with you lot next season at Firhill. The result won't matter just as long as Dundee are still in the Championship that will do me! 

Will be very disappointed if you  fluke promotion so saying my prayers every night to the big chief not to give  you promotion! 

It's difficult though someone has to get promoted and I and not sure which I dislike most Dundee/Nelms or Rsith/Clark. Some comfort in the fact both of you can't go up to the SPL

C'Mon the Pars! 

You should say how you really feel.

1 minute ago, Exiledjag said:

If I haven't expressed myself well enough perhaps you could guess and give me some clues about how I might improve my post? 

By deleting it and pretending you never posted it to save the embarrassment. 

Glad I could help.

1 hour ago, Exiledjag said:

C'Mon the Pars! 

No team can go up to the SPL mate.

6 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

C'Mon the Pars! 

What happened for you to charge your mind?

7 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

C'Mon the Pars! 

This is absolutely delicious stuff. Beautiful in fact. If we don't go up I hope we play an active part in relegating you again. 

Happy doon day!

The day the Dabs abandoned their team in the hour of need, missing out on the 'cannonball experience' of being wooshed back home on a tidal wave of Hooleys tears.

The pathetic claps on the stairs of the Shankly from a few really doesn't hide the pure misery felt inside.

This seasons been absolutely painful at times and i still feel we need changes to reach a level we should be at, but lets hope we have something to celebrate in a few weeks time.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if we do punt Mcpake and I can understand both arguments to keep and punt him, the replacements we’d likely have by the end of the season will likely be

Brian Rice if accies go down

john Hughes if county go down

peter grant I assume he’ll get sacked for Alloa going down

Gus”fuckin”McPherson 

unless their is a candidate that I can’t see I’d rather just stick or twist with Mcpake now that he actually has a run of form

Correct me if I’m wrong, but if we do punt Mcpake and I can understand both arguments to keep and punt him, the replacements we’d likely have by the end of the season will likely be
Brian Rice if accies go down
john Hughes if county go down
peter grant I assume he’ll get sacked for Alloa going down
Gus”fuckin”McPherson 
unless their is a candidate that I can’t see I’d rather just stick or twist with Mcpake now that he actually has a run of form

Alex Neil?

If Killie go down - the fat grass?

It’s already been announced Peter Grant is leaving Alloa. I like what he tried to do there if I’m honest.

I just want us to start playing half decent football more frequently. More guys you want to go and see. This season there was Charlie alone until January when we got Cumdog and WNNC. Credit to WNNC for having the balls to cross the street too.

Player of the Season for me, probably somewhat predictably to some is Sir Charles of Adam.
He could easily have ended his footballing career elsewhere in the UK, however he came to us due to the fact, like us, he actually cares.
Recent close family private and personal losses and then indeed serious illness to himself will have tested his resolve and inner strength.
Yet, there he was, part of our team at age 35 until the 92nd minute at full-time last night, doing what he does best professionally. Not due to the wage packet, but because he actually cares.
Good luck to James McPake and his overall team, which after all is also yours and mine.
Thank you and regards.      

To be completely balanced would Adam have got another club in the English championship? I doubt it - would have been the seaside leagues. Quite possibly we are paying him more than he could get elsewhere and he was coming home.
It’s been great to see Charlie playing for us, pity just on the laptop and he has put in a decent shift. It’s a shame COVID has effected him, and his mother’s death is - as you say a big factor. But if I’m honest I expected a bit more - maybe harsh but I don’t think he has been as good as Harkins say, in his last spell, granted Harkins was 3 or 4 years younger.

5 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Alex Neil?

If Killie go down - the fat grass?

It’s already been announced Peter Grant is leaving Alloa. I like what he tried to do there if I’m honest.

I just want us to start playing half decent football more frequently. More guys you want to go and see. This season there was Charlie alone until January when we got Cumdog and WNNC. Credit to WNNC for having the balls to cross the street too.

I assumed TW would stay as he only just got his job there, Peter grant Iv not watched much of Alloa so I can’t really comment on him, doubt would Alec Neil take a step down(a couple of steps) doubtful

12 hours ago, Exiledjag said:

C'Mon the Pars! 

Rather sorry to read this. In hindsight what do you think they should have done last season? I agree Thistle were hard done by, as were Hearts, but it came down to enough games had been played to make a decision as no more games were going to be played. Now it would have been fun to deny the Arabs the title but would that have been fair? We missed out on a potential playoff promotion, was that fair? Are you going to boycott every team that voted the same way as Dundee or is it just because our vote came in late?