All things Dundee FC

10 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

In fact no I choose Nicolas Hamilton for the sheer audacity to claim he was going to get 20 goals this season.

Saving himself; 4 consecutive hat-tricks for him in the playoffs IMHO....

If we'd played all season like we have in the last 2 1/2 games then we'd all be happy. McPake has been unbelievably slow to work out anything close to a working team with some of his realisations coming from injuries forcing the situation (remember Kerr in midfield before Anderson, McDaid injury allowing Adam back in, etc). He does look like he is there now and if he does get us up I have no doubt he will be here next season given he would have achieved what was hoped for. 

We still drop out of games and, given we don't have the 1st round play-offs, a few days just working on fitness (games could go to extra time) would be advisable. 

Kerr been fine at left back but he still looks like a player shoe-horned in. Any news on Marshall? If he can come back then get Kerr to right back. I'm glad to have McGee back in defence with his relative pace (another lucky break?)

POY Charlie, worthy mentions to Legzdins, McMullen, Gowser, Cumdog - last minute winner to anyone who does the business in the play offs

Maybe it's the hope that ends up killing you - I'm just really looking forward to the upcoming games, bring 'em on

17 minutes ago, Vernon gilmore said:

Anybody got video of the 1st goal ? My stream had the camera still in our half when the ball went in 

Not great quality but I knew I'd seen this on twitter. Better quality on DeeTV.

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

This is my thoughts too.

Unpopular choice but the only player that has been constant for the whole season, a few errors but cancelled out by some brilliance at times.

Ahem, Sow would beg to differ, kind sir.

5 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Ahem, Sow would beg to differ, kind sir.

Nah, he has had a handful of really decent games where he has been unplayable, then he became pretty ineffective and was more of a hindrance than help, then pretty much made 3rd choice behind Cummings and Mullen. I would not be upset if he was let go at the end of the season.

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Nah, he has had a handful of really decent games where he has been unplayable, then he became pretty ineffective and was more of a hindrance than help, then pretty much made 3rd choice behind Cummings and Mullen. I would not be upset if he was let go at the end of the season.

I was joking because I was under the impression he's been pure pish. If I post something ridiculous like Sow should be POTY, assume I'm joking, because I can be pretty sarcastic, haha.

Just now, AmericanFan said:

I was joking because I was under the impression he's been pure pish. If I post something ridiculous like Sow should be POTY, assume I'm joking, because I can be pretty sarcastic, haha.

Sow is still our top scorer to be fair to him. 

1 minute ago, AmericanFan said:

That is kind of the funniest thing about it, as I knew that's what you meant, and that Sow had been the most consistently rubbish. It's funny because he's had a sort of anti-PoTY season, where mostly he's been rubbish, but then had two or three games where he's been great. The fact that he'll forever be this season's joint-top league scorer (since Cumdog caught him yesterday) and is currently our season's top scorer is really funny to me.

10 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Ah, you have advanced more than I thought my American friend. Grasping the Scottish football banter with both hands!

I have myself held back on the harsh, unfair criticism of players since Forsters comments about online comments affecting his mental health. I was just giving a more fair assessment of how I think he performed over the season.

If you came out with the same comment a year ago, I would have been more harsh with my thoughts on his ability.

Edited by johnnydun

7 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I've been off the board for a bit. Have there been any entertaining debates between yourself and RobinHood or BooKhaki I need to go back and look at?

Haha probably not entertaining, no.

Throughout the course of the season Adam has been POTY for me. Games such as Alloa away and Hearts at home he single handedly won us points. 

He was also our best player by a country mile in games such as the 6 2 pumping to open the season aswell.

Add in wonder strikes against Dunfermline and Raith which would've won us tight games but for scandalous defending along with his assist numbers (most recently after falling behind to 9 men Inverness) and his impact can't be overlooked on the seasons whole.

Valid case for McMullen who has been brilliant since coming in.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

56 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Ahh a sarcastic c**t!

I think for the home and away final, that is v the prem team, 500 fans should be allowed in? Level 2 planned to start 17/05.

Be cool to get in, or horrific if it’s us and we get ripped a new arsehole.