All things Dundee FC

10 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone think our pitch length and width suits our game(whatever that is)?

Not sure, but I do think the horrendous state of the pitch for a couple of months over December/January/February cost us points.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speaking of our pitch, John McGlynn was talking about our pitch still being a mess. Said it looks good, but actually playing on it is a different matter entirely.

Wonder what the issue is. In previous years we’ve had one of, if not the best pitches in the country. This year has been a shambles and it wasn’t that bad a winter.

Same groundstaff as well so I’m not blaming them as like I said they’ve done an excellent job in the past. Could be an issue with drainage but whatever it is needs looked at over the summer.

Edited by RossDee01

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Speaking of our pitch, John McGlynn was talking about our pitch still being a mess. Said it looks good, but actually playing on it is a different matter entirely.

John McGlynn is a mumbling fucking walloper. 

7 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Wonder what the issue is. 

See reply above. 

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I’ll probably get stick for this, but he’s right in saying it wasn’t his or Chisholm fault that  the club was financially mismanaged, with the rejection of the cva they we’re always going to be the fall guys, let’s be real for a second and put our Dundee heart aside who would take 6p/10p in a £1 to work their job regardless of what their wage may be,maybe they made a counter offer maybe they didn’t but I don’t and wouldn't blame anyone for saying no to that

33 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I’ll probably get stick for this, but he’s right in saying it wasn’t his or Chisholm fault that  the club was financially mismanaged, with the rejection of the cva they we’re always going to be the fall guys, let’s be real for a second and put our Dundee heart aside who would take 6p/10p in a £1 to work their job regardless of what their wage may be,maybe they made a counter offer maybe they didn’t but I don’t and wouldn't blame anyone for saying no to that

Pretty much everyone else did bar them 2 and HMRC.

He also went mental at Bryan Jackson in the media for revealing that he voted that way. In any case, he maintains that the money was irrelevant. I certainly wouldn't have been looking to put the 'office girls' (his words) and the players that survived the cull out of a job like he tried to do.

He even claimed he was the one doing the 'honourable thing' by voting to reject the CVA and shut us down:

'There is a confidentiality agreement that should be in place here and I am astonished and I am shocked, not surprised, that a professional man (Bryan Jackson), and a professional person at a professional company, PKF, would come out with something like that. I am stunned by that, but at the end of it all, I can look at myself in the mirror and look at my family and say that I am doing the honourable thing here. '

He's then flip flopped on John Nelms with his latest comments once more:

At the time of the league reconstruction vote he said, 'I’ve got my own agenda with John Nelms. I wouldn’t like him in the trenches with me. I couldn’t trust the guy.'

At the time of the McIntyre drama he said of Nelms, 'He's a stand up guy, a real straight shooter.'

Now in this article, he's claiming that it was he that decided to pull the plug on the Dundee assistant manager job saying that he done it for John Nelms and McIntyre.

In essence, he's a lying fucking rat.

Dodds has the pulse of the Dundee fans about as much as the chairmen of the ‘big six’ in England do with their respective fans.

If Dodds had even a hint of awareness he would have known 99% of the Dundee fans don’t want him anywhere near Dens.  How he thought he was in with a shout of being the assistant manager to McIntyre is truly unbelievable.