All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Meeniedee said:

so not mcpakes fault then that we didnt get a crack at going up last season.

He did "get a crack" at going up. He had the whole season and finished 18 points behind Dundee United. A poor Dundee United. 4 points behind Inverness. Fucking Inverness. We were also one singular point ahead of Ayr United. 5 ahead of Arbroath - who had a game in hand. I'd say there was significantly more chance of not playing in the play offs than there was to being promoted. 

He has also "had a crack" at it this season and has once again led us (so far) to the disorientating dizzy heights of third behind Hearts - who I have long said would always win it, so fair enough - and Raith Rovers. RAITH ROVERS. 

This is genuinely how I feel when I read people sticking up for McPake. I will make no further comment. 

The squad was seriously holed beneath the water line with the squad McCann put together. Recovery was always going to take time.  Even so, the current squad is still nowhere near the standard needed to dominate the Championship and have a core that could compete in the Premiership...and that covers defense, midfield and forwards.  We would be gubbed week in, week out if we went up. 

We all know the problems with McPake. His dreadful tactical knowledge means he has no real idea how to close a game down to get a result. His management of matches has cost us a serious number of points as much as any individual player lacking ability. 

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

The squad was seriously holed beneath the water line with the squad McCann put together. Recovery was always going to take time.  Even so, the current squad is still nowhere near the standard needed to dominate the Championship and have a core that could compete in the Premiership...and that covers defense, midfield and forwards.  We would be gubbed week in, week out if we went up. 

We all know the problems with McPake. His dreadful tactical knowledge means he has no real idea how to close a game down to get a result. His management of matches has cost us a serious number of points as much as any individual player lacking ability. 

Not sure I agree with that. With a couple of tweaks our squad would be more than capable of either winning the Championship or holding its own in the premiership. 

A CH and 2 full backs being the main priorities.

St. Johnstone isn't in the bottom 6 of the Premiership.
What happens over the long run of the season doesn't matter as the playoff is two legs. The difference between whatever the playoff teams are will be minimal at best.

Ok i got my saints muddled up but switch st johnstone for st mirren and the answer is the same.

Seems like you are now specifying it doesnt make a difference over the play offs rather than just generally which i can agree with. However, what generally goes against the championship team is scheduling which favours the premier team. Not sure if it is different this season due to covid

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He did "get a crack" at going up. He had the whole season and finished 18 points behind Dundee United. A poor Dundee United. 4 points behind Inverness. Fucking Inverness. We were also one singular point ahead of Ayr United. 5 ahead of Arbroath - who had a game in hand. I'd say there was significantly more chance of not playing in the play offs than there was to being promoted. 

He has also "had a crack" at it this season and has once again led us (so far) to the disorientating dizzy heights of third behind Hearts - who I have long said would always win it, so fair enough - and Raith Rovers. RAITH ROVERS. 

This is genuinely how I feel when I read people sticking up for McPake. I will make no further comment. 

Reminds me of that Seattle fan

For the next few weeks penalty’s are going to have to be incorporated into the training as I can easily see all the play off games ending in draws - we don’t loose the teams around us, but we don’t win many either. I think Dunfermline will be the more difficult of the 2 to play against - Raith have had a great season and even though I think they’ll best Hearts next week, I think they’ll crumble under the pressure of the bigger games. 

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Seems like you are now specifying it doesnt make a difference over the play offs rather than just generally which i can agree with. However, what generally goes against the championship team is scheduling which favours the premier team. Not sure if it is different this season due to covid

How does it usually favour the top flight side?

In 18/19 United played 14th/17th, St Mirren played 13th/18th, then they played the Final on 23rd.

Both sides played 38 games before the Final, United got a longer break.

3rd/4th played 1 extra midweek game compared to 11th.

This season the Championship sides will play 12th/15th, then the Final on 19th/23rd. Premiership side will play 12th/15th aswell. 

I have very little pity for a side who finishes 4th, which is effectively mid-table. Ideally you'd either just promote 2nd straight up, or have 2nd v 3rd, then v 11th.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

An Arab disguising himself as an Airdrie fan arguing with a St Johnstone fan who disguises himself as a boring c**t is not the content I'm here to see tbh.

Tbf I quite like it. Beats the same people posting same old shite on here. ( says me being here silly amount of years).

Not to worry though we won't be in this league for long...

An Arab disguising himself as an Airdrie fan arguing with a St Johnstone fan who disguises himself as a boring c**t is not the content I'm here to see tbh.

Without doubt, the most ironic post ever made on pie and bovril.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't disguise myself as a boring c**t tbf, that's just who I am.

How does it usually favour the top flight side?
In 18/19 United played 14th/17th, St Mirren played 13th/18th, then they played the Final on 23rd.
Both sides played 38 games before the Final, United got a longer break.
3rd/4th played 1 extra midweek game compared to 11th.
This season the Championship sides will play 12th/15th, then the Final on 19th/23rd. Premiership side will play 12th/15th aswell. 
I have very little pity for a side who finishes 4th, which is effectively mid-table. Ideally you'd either just promote 2nd straight up, or have 2nd v 3rd, then v 11th.

Is it not 4th play 3rd over 2 legs then winner plays 2nd then winner plays 11th?

Didnt bother looking at dates. No surprise you did though [emoji23]

Slightly off topic, just saw the last few minutes of the DABS game and this is something I never thought I would say: Their away kit is even worse than their home tangerine abomination. A horrific combination of purple black and tangerine. Truly sickening. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Just now, Aufc said:

Didnt bother looking at dates. No surprise you did though emoji23.png

That's probably why you made an arse of it, tbh.