All things Dundee FC

Just now, Meeniedee said:

so was nearly every team bar hearts ...anyway 

We shouldn't have been even close to this. 

This anyway is pretty funny.

We shouldn't be in the position we are in now. We should have been in a position where we are comfortably in second place and these last few games we could be trying and testing players getting ready for the play offs. 

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

4 weeks ago Partick Thistle were closer to the bottom than top, they should sack their manager as well.

Partick Thistle are not in our league....

Why on earth are you speaking about another league? Especially one below us. 

Why are you also on about sacking? 

Just for a laugh.... Watford sacked there manager while in 6th. They have now been automatically promoted. If we sacked our manager maybe we may have been close to winning the league considering how many slip ups hearts have had this season 

Edited by Robin.Hood

I used to be of this thinking, but over the past month I've come to realize there's not much -- if any -- difference between the bottom 6 of the Premiership and the top five of the Championship.

Course there is. Maybe not so much in a one off game but there is a decent difference between the likes of dundee utd and st johnstone versus the likes of inverness and dunfermline over the course of a season

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Course there is. Maybe not so much in a one off game but there is a decent difference between the likes of dundee utd and st johnstone versus the likes of inverness and dunfermline over the course of a season

St. Johnstone isn't in the bottom 6 of the Premiership.

What happens over the long run of the season doesn't matter as the playoff is two legs. The difference between whatever the playoff teams are will be minimal at best.

Edited by AmericanFan
more

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Partick Thistle are not in our league....

Why on earth are you speaking about another league? Especially one below us. 

Why are you also on about sacking? 

Just for a laugh.... Watford sacked there manager while in 6th. They have now been automatically promoted. If we sacked our manager maybe we may have been close to winning the league considering how many slip ups hearts have had this season 

Because your posts are full of if’s and buts and then when someone gives you a reasonable answer you shift the goalposts again. You keep going on about the “facts” and how far behind Hearts we are yet ignore then “fact” that we have lost 1 of 6 against the teams we will face in the playoffs.

I’m on about sacking because you asked if McPake should be sacked? 

Also Watford are not in our league, so if we can’t talk about Partick Thistle why are we talking about Watford?

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Because your posts are full of if’s and buts and then when someone gives you a reasonable answer you shift the goalposts again. You keep going on about the “facts” and how far behind Hearts we are yet ignore then “fact” that we have lost 1 of 6 against the teams we will face in the playoffs.

I’m on about sacking because you asked if McPake should be sacked? 

Also Watford are not in our league, so if we can’t talk about Partick Thistle why are we talking about Watford?

What goalposts? We have failed miserably this season. We have struggled all season. People have called for the managers sacking pretty much all season. 

However you brought up Partick and I brought up Watford.... fairly obvious why I did this. 

Don't think I directed the question to you about mcpake being sacked.

So I will do a you, can't be fucked carrying on this. So we shall wait until the play offs have finished and we can continue with the facts of the whole season.

Only thing we will agree on ( I could be wrong,)  is we both want what is best for our club. 

Edited by Robin.Hood

11 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

yet ignore then “fact” that we have lost 1 of 6 against the teams we will face in the playoffs.

Or that "fact" we've only won two of those six. Against teams with a significantly lower budget than ourselves. One of whom are part time I think, who sit above us in the league. 

It's like paying a painter to do your house, he makes a fucking mess of it but still being happy because at least there is some paint on the walls. 

I'm all for a laugh and a joke and giving credit where its due but make no mistake, this season has been unforgivable - as was last. There are no lessons being learnt and if somehow we fluke our way through the play offs the financial advantage is drastically taken away and the glaring problems become fucking luminous. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Or that "fact" we've only won two of those six. Against teams with a significantly lower budget than ourselves. One of whom are part time I think, who sit above us in the league. 

It's like paying a painter to do your house, he makes a fucking mess of it but still being happy because at least there is some paint on the walls. 

I'm all for a laugh and a joke and giving credit where its due but make no mistake, this season has been unforgivable - as was last. There are no lessens being learnt and if somehow we fluke our way through the play offs the financial advantage is drastically taken away and the glaring problems become fucking luminous. 

Raith are full-time. Personally I don’t think the season has been as bad as some like yourself are making out, that’s just my opinion. If we don’t get promotion? I agree, things will need to be addressed however we don’t know what will happen in the playoffs so pointless talking about that. If we go up? McPake has done what he was brought in to do and has done his job. Whether you agree or don’t agree with how he does it is irrelevant and he should be given the chance to give it a bash next season. It’s all hypothetical but the next few weeks are huge for McPake and us as a club.

I want him to succeed, unfortunately I’m not sure we’re all on the same page with that one which I honestly cannot get my head around.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I want him to succeed, unfortunately I’m not sure we’re all on the same page with that one which I honestly cannot get my head around.

I understand what you mean. I don't think anyone doesn't want him to succeed as that would mean the club aren't doing well. I think a lot of people have got to the end of their tether with him personally. That's certainly the camp I'm in, adequate time and for me, he should have already have been p45'd. It would be crazy now so he has to see the play offs. 

Beyond that? Let's just say the feelers would be going out in the next fortnight - either way. 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

I agree. Just dosnt seem the dundee way. 

However I like how this is all going. Fans starting to get belief again after a wee run of wins and no defeats. Yet reality and facts is we are miles behind hearts and have been shite for majority of the season. See what the next few weeks brings 

We have been competing well with Hearts the last 10 games, it was the start of the season that killed us.

Screenshot_20210424-222713_Samsung Internet.jpg

8 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We have been competing well with Hearts the last 10 games, it was the start of the season that killed us.

Screenshot_20210424-222713_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last 10 games isn't the whole season.

If you were performing the way mcpake has been in your job you wouldn't have been in one and been gone before Xmas. 

We did well at the end of last season also.... 

Edited by Robin.Hood

If McPake somehow flukes us through the play-offs and into promotion, yes he will have done his job. However giving him a wee crack at the Premier as a result would be an utterly mental decision. He's been given a better than average squad in what, Hearts apart, has been a fairly weak Championship. Handing him an inferior squad in a Premier league where every team and manager will have more ability is a frankly horrendous prospect. 

26 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

if covid hadnt appeared and fucked last season we might not have even been in this fucking division...as the same as this year we were hitting on a good bit of form...who knows where it would have lead us.

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

indeed we did...and where would we have ended up if that season was allowed to finish

This is a promising start to something, and I hope it manages to fully bloom.

Excited to see how "3rd place Dundee were denied guaranteed promotion" logic works.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

This is a promising start to something, and I hope it manages to fully bloom.

Excited to see how "3rd place Dundee were denied guaranteed promotion" logic works.

what the f**k are you talking about..i didnt say guaranteed promotion now did i...i said and where would we have ended up...i dont know,you dont know 

aye i just dont understand it we win and the message boards and facebook pages are quiet we lose and bang the fucking internet about shuts down...we are unbeaten in 7 good chance to go into the playoffs 8 unbeaten...dunfermline havent beaten us this season and its all square v raith...how about we just look forward to the play offs and getting another crack at getting up before wanting every fucker sacked or punted.
Yeah everything is wonderful.