All things Dundee FC

On 20/02/2021 at 18:29, MS RR said:

You might need to back them in league 1 next season

Keegan-Michael Key Lol GIF by HULU

On 20/02/2021 at 18:34, MS RR said:

Probably, but we might not be in league 1 next season. 

Animated GIF

You're not fucking leaving. 

On 20/02/2021 at 18:41, MS RR said:

Haha I'm not too sure about that wee man. I'd be embarrassed if Falkirk lost at home to QoS, half their team that played today were released by us because they weren't good enough.  

Lost to Cove at the weekend. 

COVE. 

14 hours ago, Eednud said:

That game was a first and last for me. The first time I’d seen them in the flesh since defeating Falkirk 4-0 in September 1980 and the last time I’ve seen them since. I also sat shivering, not because of a comedown but due to travelling light and forgetting it could still be fucking baltic in March.

ETA: I remember the Charnley incident but had forgotten all about Jim Duffy being sent off.

The team felt Winters had feigned injury to get Chic sent off (he'd already been red-carded that season for allegedly lamping him one) so he was quite blatantly targeted at every opportunity. Duffy absolutely cleaned him out on the touchline then got sent off for a second bookable iirc. Dariusz probably should have got a straight red for almost cutting him in half almost immediately after Charnley's red. I don't think he even got booked for it. 

Ironically the one time Chic did actually properly plant one on Winters in a derby, he got away with it, whilst Winters had a fucked jaw and lost three teeth. Glorious.

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

The team felt Winters had feigned injury to get Chic sent off (he'd already been red-carded that season for allegedly lamping him one) so he was quite blatantly targeted at every opportunity. Duffy absolutely cleaned him out on the touchline then got sent off for a second bookable iirc. Dariusz probably should have got a straight red for almost cutting him in half almost immediately after Charnley's red. I don't think he even got booked for it. 

Ironically the one time Chic did actually properly plant one on Winters in a derby, he got away with it, whilst Winters had a fucked jaw and lost three teeth. Glorious.

Was that around 1996?

According to google Winters was subbed off 20 mins before Duffy was sent off in the March game so your memory may be slightly out. 

There is a link and highlights of the game here if you are interested.
https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1521

Was finding that quite interesting until I realised I’d been lulled into entering the ‘arab archive’. Feeling violated and unclean now.

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

According to google Winters was subbed off 20 mins before Duffy was sent off in the March game so your memory may be slightly out. 

There is a link and highlights of the game here if you are interested.

https://www.arabarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=1521

I'm fairly sure Duffy's first booking was for a foul on Winters. 

7 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Was finding that quite interesting until I realised I’d been lulled into entering the ‘arab archive’. Feeling violated and unclean now.

There's a Dundee version as well, which is pretty cool. 

https://www.deearchive.co.uk/index.php

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

5 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I'm fairly sure Duffy's first booking was for a foul on Winters. 

There's a Dundee version as well, which is pretty cool. 

https://www.deearchive.co.uk/index.php

How many goals do you think your team (or that of Utd) would take off your current day squad? 

51 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

How many goals do you think your team (or that of Utd) would take off your current day squad? 

The 96 side clearly had far more talent and ability, and scored plenty of goals. Indeed any of the top four or five from that season could easily finish top of the Championship these days. Dunfermline were absolutely brilliant to watch, the DABs had a squad which still included Billy McKinlay and Craig Brewster at the start of the season, Morton had a strong side and were unlucky to be pipped by United on the last day to the play-off spot. We weren't great defensively, but excellent going forward. 

The 96 side is jam packed with club heroes. 

Adamczuk, Barry Smith, Iain Anderson, Pageau, Duffy, Chic Charnley, Neil McCann, Jim Hamilton, George Shaw, Paul Tosh and Dusan Vrto to name but a few!

Don't think it's too late to get McGee back into central defence, even if that means two natural right centre backs. Not mentioned that I have seen, Fontaine is getting slower by the week and has begun to drop back breaking our offside line - yes, that was how we lost the goal midweek. If he's to be any use he has to be put on a fitness regime, rather than being geared up to play, for at least a week. Hopefully we don't have a McGee Byrne CM partnership again, just devoid of any  attacking flair - hopefully Gowser Anderson will be fine for rest of season. Full game time for Adam (for McDaid I say) or entry at half time, not sure? And at least some game-time for Jakubiak, like to see what he might offer for play-offs (assuming we make them). Maybe controversial but Afolabi is just too easily brushed off the ball, looked promising, however, just not enough fight in his game for me, Sow has at least been trying recently

The 96 side clearly had far more talent and ability, and scored plenty of goals. Indeed any of the top four or five from that season could easily finish top of the Championship these days. Dunfermline were absolutely brilliant to watch, the DABs had a squad which still included Billy McKinlay and Craig Brewster at the start of the season, Morton had a strong side and were unlucky to be pipped by United on the last day to the play-off spot. We weren't great defensively, but excellent going forward. 
The top teams in that league would probably survive quite easily in the current Premiership.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

The top teams in that league would probably survive quite easily in the current Premiership.

I agree. Think either your or Dundee Utds team from then could be pushing for top 6 this season at least. 

Don't think it's too late to get McGee back into central defence, even if that means two natural right centre backs. Not mentioned that I have seen, Fontaine is getting slower by the week and has begun to drop back breaking our offside line - yes, that was how we lost the goal midweek. If he's to be any use he has to be put on a fitness regime, rather than being geared up to play, for at least a week. Hopefully we don't have a McGee Byrne CM partnership again, just devoid of any  attacking flair - hopefully Gowser Anderson will be fine for rest of season. Full game time for Adam (for McDaid I say) or entry at half time, not sure? And at least some game-time for Jakubiak, like to see what he might offer for play-offs (assuming we make them). Maybe controversial but Afolabi is just too easily brushed off the ball, looked promising, however, just not enough fight in his game for me, Sow has at least been trying recently

I think if Gowser is fit we have to go with the no neck c**t, Gowser and Anderson. Could Adam play wide left and just fire the ball in from deep? I honestly think we can’t start Adam. He makes Fontaine look rapid. McGhee/Ashcroft pairing definitely worth a shout and much as I think he’s a total imposter keep McDaid on the left wing because there’s no other cunto. Mullen needs dropped, he’s fucking useless.