All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, The Derry said:

Unless it's for the fans, then I'd be interested.  

I haven't watched a game on ching, however I did once suffer an utterly turgid derby defeat on a bad speed comedown in the mid 90s. I sat shivering like a shitting labrador as we lost 2-0 and were reduced to 9 men. The only high point was Chic Charnley cracking that little c**t Robbie Winters across the puss. 

Would not recommend. 

7 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I haven't watched a game on ching, however I did once suffer an utterly turgid derby defeat on a bad speed comedown in the mid 90s. I sat shivering like a shitting labrador as we lost 2-0 and were reduced to 9 men. The only high point was Chic Charnley cracking that little c**t Robbie Winters across the puss. 

Would not recommend. 

That game was a first and last for me. The first time I’d seen them in the flesh since defeating Falkirk 4-0 in September 1980 and the last time I’ve seen them since. I also sat shivering, not because of a comedown but due to travelling light and forgetting it could still be fucking baltic in March.

ETA: I remember the Charnley incident but had forgotten all about Jim Duffy being sent off.

Edited by Eednud

50 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Toshney at my local junior team .

Where was he even at last ? 

Inverness. 

Downfield are restructuring quite a bit. The folk that run them, treasurers etc are all early to mid 30's.

Best of luck to them. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Inverness. 

Downfield are restructuring quite a bit. The folk that run them, treasurers etc are all early to mid 30's.

Best of luck to them. 

Local lads ? I know a fair few guys my age who I went to college with and coached beside managed Forfar West End and another is involved in women's football and another is high up with Dundee West ( I help out there yay ) 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

They're local, aye. Think they all played for Kirkton. Not sure any were ever involved with or played junior and then a bit out the blue they now run Downfield. 

They must be ages with me. Guessing I know them. Will dig a bit more. Hopefully going in right direction.

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Toshney at my local junior team .

Where was he even at last ? 

IMG-20210421-WA0007.jpg

Mine too. He'll be the man to take the Spiders to the Highland League, mark my words.

35 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Player manager?

Just manager, he's retired today. Was surprised to see that news myself.

Takeover by Kirkton amateurs, team's been good the last couple of years so I'm hoping they continue that momentum with these positive changes once they're in the pyramid next season.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

What happened to Paul Marr at Downfield?

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Why did the manager Paul Marr and assistant manager Barry Britton leave?  

I take it they left when Peter and Jimmy sold up.