All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Absolutely, but comparing ourselves to a shite United team which I took great joy from laughing at, and suggesting that our situation is in any way acceptable whilst doing so is taking the piss... in my opinion

I didn’t compare us to United, I gave an example of a team who couldn’t get out of the league despite having worse competition than us. We haven’t failed to get out of the league this year... yet.

Edited by RossDee01

13 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Really? I think if you look you’ll find I’ve said on here multiple times that I don’t think McPake is the right man to get us out of the league. I just don’t come on here telling him to “GET TO f**k” after every game.

I provided you with a quick example of a team who took multiple attempts to get out of the league and in order to do so in the end had to spend way above their means.

So we're not spending above our means? Charlie Adam, Jason Cummings, Shaun Byrne signed for cash from the league above, Alex Jakubiak outpriced St Mirren and then joined us days later. We currently have a squad of 29 first team players (including a fair few youth). Other than Hearts, do you think any other team in the division come close to that?

Your quick example was Dundee United being at their lowest in living memory as if that's some sort of vindication for it being alright for us to be currently struggling to finish ahead of a team in League One last season with the likes of Iain Davidson and Kyle Benedictus being the make up of their back line.
Tonight was another disaster in a long line of disasters. If we had already secured 2nd then fair enough - tonight isn't that bad, but tonight was a game where we needed to win and yet buckled against 9 men in the final 10 minutes. I've seen others try and paint it as we were screwed by a officiating decision over our disallowed goal - that doesn't wash after 25 games, after conceding against a 9 man Neil McCann led side, after 3 draws on the bounce and after a succession of pishness.

So what exactly is your point here if you're agreeing that McPake isn't the right man to get us out of the league?

Edited by Ludo*1

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I didn’t compare us to United, I have an example of a team who couldn’t get out of the league despite having worse competition than us. We haven’t failed to get out of the league.... yet.

Livi (with David Martindale now on the verge of getting them into Europe) and St Mirren (with Jack Ross as manager) aren't worse competition than a John McGlynn led Raith side who've just been promoted, a Neil McCann led Inverness side and Stevie Crawford's Dunfermline.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

So what exactly is your point here if you're agreeing that McPake isn't the right man to get us out of the league?

That tonight wasn’t that bad. 

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Livi (with David Martindale now on the verge of getting them into Europe) and St Mirren (with Jack Ross as manager) aren't worse competition than a John McGlynn led Raith side who've just been promoted, a Neil McCann led Inverness side and Stevie Crawford's Dunfermline.

Who knows where Raith, Inverness and Dunfermline will be in the coming years. You’re comparing apples to oranges here.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

That tonight wasn’t that bad. 

Who knows where Raith, Inverness and Dunfermline will be in the coming years. You’re comparing apples to oranges here.

But it was, as I explained in the post you ignored.

It was you that decided to compare the 'competition', not I. And you compared us to Csaba Laszlo's United of all teams as a 'quick example' of how clubs need to spend beyond their means to get out of this division because it's so difficult. Something which we are already doing and failing at.

Apples and oranges, indeed.

So we're not spending above our means? Charlie Adam, Jason Cummings, Shaun Byrne signed for cash from the league above, Alex Jakubiak outpriced St Mirren and then joined us days later. We currently have a squad of 29 first team players (including a fair few youth). Other than Hearts, do you think any other team in the division come close to that?
Your quick example was Dundee United being at their lowest in living memory as if that's some sort of vindication for it being alright for us to be currently struggling to finish ahead of a team in League One last season with the likes of Iain Davidson and Kyle Benedictus being the make up of their back line.
Tonight was another disaster in a long line of disasters. If we had already secured 2nd then fair enough - tonight isn't that bad, but tonight was a game where we needed to win and yet buckled against 9 men in the final 10 minutes. I've seen others try and paint it as we were screwed by a officiating decision over our disallowed goal - that doesn't wash after 27 games, after conceding against a 9 man Neil McCann led side, after 3 draws on the bounce and after a succession of pishness.

I agree with this Ludo.

As I said earlier the word is shambles. Shambolic signings, shambolic tactics and shambolic selections.

We are spending an absolute fortune and are completely shite.

If a couple of results, 3 in fact, had gone the other way we’d be in the relegation mix. A competent manager would have us in clear second and we should be neck and neck with Hearts who have turned out to be marginally less pish than the rest of us.

I’m going to fear I’ll never see a 5 year spell where we consistently make top 6 in the prem, threaten to finish 4th a couple of times and win a cup. Is that too much to ask for ffs?

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

But it was, as I explained in the post you ignored.

It was you that decided to compare the 'competition', not I. And you compared us to Csaba Laszlo's United of all teams as a 'quick example' of how clubs need to spend beyond their means to get out of this division because it's so difficult. Something which we are already doing and failing at.

Apples and oranges, indeed.

Okay Ludo, I really can’t be arsed arguing with you anymore. I’ve given my opinion.

Edited by RossDee01

6 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I’m going to fear I’ll never see a 5 year spell where we consistently make top 6 in the prem, threaten to finish 4th a couple of times and win a cup. Is that too much to ask for ffs?

LOL. It is wishful thinking I give you that. With Strachan here and his plan with all the youths coming through,  next coming years we should be teckle. 

Speaking of youth, anyone know if young Fleming at Annan has got the minerals to play at a higher level, I include D.Strachan and Moore at Forfar? As the start of the season the club was quite good in giving us little updates, would be nice for them to continue

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

struggling to finish ahead of a team in League One last season with the likes of Iain Davidson and Kyle Benedictus being the make up of their back line.

There are always forum arguments when a particularly bad result or performance causes frustrations to erupt.

I suppose your right about underachieving -  our Davidson - Benedictus based defence (we have spells where theyre either heroes or are past it)  has lost 9 fewer goals than your expensive defence.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

There are always forum arguments when a particularly bad result or performance causes frustrations to erupt.

I suppose your right about underachieving -  our Davidson - Benedictus based defence (we have spells where theyre either heroes or are past it)  has lost 9 fewer goals than your expensive defence.

Sorry for the red dot, it’s just too raw.

Edited by D TOTAL

18 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Our expensive defence has been filled with the likes of Fontaine and Jordon Forster over the past 2 seasons.

I'd take Benedictus over them 2 any day. And that's not me complimenting Benedictus because he's shite.

ETA: Tell Reghan Hendry, Frankie Musonda and Lewis Vaughan we say hi, please.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

I think Byrne is our best midfielder and I know it’s controversial but I really do think we’re better without Adam. It’s a difficult one as if we’re playing a 442 two of the 4 obviously have to miss out. I like Anderson, not sure if he could play as a number 10 in behind the striker with Byrne and McGowan behind him. He can’t be any less effective than Mullen has been of late anyway.

I thought we were far better with Charlie on the park tonight. 

25 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

37 year old Davidson..... I'm happy for the c**t. 

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Against 9 players,yes, I’d hoof it straight in the box, “slighty behind” McMullan was just in front of the halfway line, we’ve been fairly decent at attacking set pieces however our crossing has much to be desired having either been over hit or failing to get past the first man

Thankfully Adam came on and put an excellent cross in for the goal then.

Thank you.

We didn’t even throw bodies forward against 9 men 😂😂😂 1 striker up front on his own against 9 men. Fucking hell those tactics in the last 15 minutes were FAF 😂😂😂 

McPake has the hardneck to question the official’s at the end after falling behind to 9 men. It’s beyond farcical 😂

At least on a positive note the keeper is putting in a good show.