All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

3 points from 9.  :angry:

Some on here said they'd be happy with that. 

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Another decent game from cammy, never let us down for the goal at least , for those that say cammy doesn’t have a left foot I’m not sure I seen Mcdaid use his once either, Ashcroft popping up with another crucial goal.

Aye but McDaid is shite and nowhere near good enough either. 

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Again, didn’t think we were that bad, the reaction is a bit OTT. Inverness are the from team in the league and have been flying the last 2 months. It was a bit of a shit game but we were the better side overall. We had a legitimate goal disallowed, went down but bounced straight back and scored straight away.

Hopefully people will stop with the “McGowan is passed it” pish. If the last 2 games have shown anything it’s how much we miss him in the middle of the park. 

Once he’s back I’d put McGhee back at CB for Fontaine. Thought Kerr was pretty good tonight at left back as well.

Although disappointing not to win against 9 men in the end, I think the reaction is a bit OTT.

It's not a reaction just because of tonight though. Folk are (rightfully) calling for him to go because tonight is just another poor result on top of a season completely filled with them. 

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Hopefully people will stop with the “McGowan is passed it” pish. 

McGowan is a decent championship player. However we didn't do that bad in midfield. We need a striker or someone to be putting the ball in the net. Leaving Mullen on was criminal .

For me I think it's Anderson we need starting. 

It's dropped points this evening against 9 men. We conceded against 9 men.

Play offs should be fun 

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

Some on here said they'd be happy with that. 

Aye but McDaid is shite and nowhere near good enough either. 

Very true, but out the 2 of them he was at least deployed in his natural position, unless I’m wrong and he’s been moved there to (correctly)accommodate McMullan 

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Another decent game from cammy, never let us down for the goal at least , for those that say cammy doesn’t have a left foot I’m not sure I seen Mcdaid use his once either, Ashcroft popping up with another crucial goal.

Charlie Adam he some of the oddest decision making Iv seen, 88th min everyone in and around the box, he then passes it 3 yards backwards to the keeper who for some reason is halfway up the pitch, he then receives it back from the keeper in the same spot he was in, takes 2 touches forward and instead of pinging it into the box he decided to smash it across to the other wing nowhere near anyone forcing McMullan to run back and collect it so he can take on the 2 players

Cammy played okay second half, alot better than the first. Alot of wingers play on the opposite side so they can cut in attacking the fullbacks weak side. It's done all over the place right upto the top level. It was proven tonight Kerr on the left he cuts in and makes more passes. As i said pre match i prefer him there than on his right to hoof it up straight away.

Adam had a free kick where he can't move with the ball and played it back to receive it to move forward against 9 men (why the keeper is high up). The ball was then played slightly behind McMullen who as you said took on two players and was in a better position to create a goal. Would you rather a hoof in the box than spreading it out (slightly behind) our best creator on the ball. Odd decision making - not so sure.

Gracias.

3 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

It's not a reaction just because of tonight though. Folk are (rightfully) calling for him to go because tonight is just another poor result on top of a season completely filled with them. 

In isolation is tonight really that  bad a result?

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Very true, but out the 2 of them he was at least deployed in his natural position, unless I’m wrong and he’s been moved there to (correctly)accommodate McMullan 

Gary Irvine wasn't anything other than poor to competent, he was moved out of position and played at LB. He done a decent enough job of it - at a higher level, no less. 

I sincerely hope one day people will stop making excuses up for a player who has been a professional at the club for near enough a decade who still can't make a position his own or even cover well enough. 

5 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

McGowan is a decent championship player. However we didn't do that bad in midfield. We need a striker or someone to be putting the ball in the net. Leaving Mullen on was criminal .

For me I think it's Anderson we need starting. 

It's dropped points this evening against 9 men. We conceded against 9 men.

Play offs should be fun 

I think Byrne is our best midfielder and I know it’s controversial but I really do think we’re better without Adam. It’s a difficult one as if we’re playing a 442 two of the 4 obviously have to miss out. I like Anderson, not sure if he could play as a number 10 in behind the striker with Byrne and McGowan behind him. He can’t be any less effective than Mullen has been of late anyway.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Cammy played okay second half, alot better than the first. Alot of wingers play on the opposite side so they can cut in attacking the fullbacks weak side. It's done all over the place right upto the top level. It was proven tonight Kerr on the left he cuts in and makes more passes. As i said pre match i prefer him there than on his right to hoof it up straight away.

Adam had a free kick where he can't move with the ball and played it back to receive it to move forward against 9 men (why the keeper is high up). The ball was then played slightly behind McMullen who as you said took on two players and was in a better position to create a goal. Would you rather a hoof in the box than spreading it out (slightly behind) our best creator on the ball. Odd decision making - not so sure.

Gracias.

Against 9 players,yes, I’d hoof it straight in the box, “slighty behind” McMullan was just in front of the halfway line, we’ve been fairly decent at attacking set pieces however our crossing has much to be desired having either been over hit or failing to get past the first man

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Looking at it as a one off game, I'd say it's closer to poor than hang your heads in shame levels terrible given that the 2nd sending off was later on. 

It's still absolutely pish though and folk are right to give pelters. 

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Against 9 men, against a manager that hasn’t brought in any of his own players yet, with a manager who has had 2 seasons to expensively build a team of his choice?  The only reasonable answer I can give is “yes”.

I was reluctantly willing to accept a point prior to this game, as I've mentally all but given up on reaching 2nd (or getting up at all as a matter of fact). However, if I'd been told we'd spend the last half hour with a man advantage, and 10 minutes with a 2-man advantage, and barely come back to EQUALISE, I would've stuck it up the arse of whoever it was who was telling me.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Gary Irvine wasn't anything other than poor to competent, he was moved out of position and played at LB. He done a decent enough job of it - at a higher level, no less. 

I sincerely hope one day people will stop making excuses up for a player who has been a professional at the club for near enough a decade who still can't make a position his own or even cover well enough. 

No excuses at all, he wasn’t at fault for the goal today, in my opinion he’d have played ahead of Elliot of Marshall wasn’t out 2 games on the trot now Kerr has been a makeshift LB and twice he hasn’t let us down, just got to eek out another 2 as you put it competent games and with hopefully Marshall back for the playoffs  

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Looking at it as a one off game, I'd say it's closer to poor than hang your heads in shame levels terrible given that the 2nd sending off was later on. 

It's still absolutely pish though and folk are right to give pelters. 

Yeah I can understand it to an extent. I’ve said on here before, I’m trying not to get so emotionally rash about it all now. 

We’re not losing to the teams we will be facing in the playoffs which is a good thing and we’ve been the better team against Dunfermline last time out and now Inverness. Inverness battered County a couple of weeks ago and were unlucky at the weekend against a good St Mirren side.

If we can get a result on Saturday then I honestly can’t see any reason why we shouldn’t fancy our chances in the playoffs. I previously said that we should be winning these games and if we don’t then what’s the point, but with a bit of perspective things aren’t as doom and gloom as they seem.

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I think so. It takes 2nd place out of our own hands. Conceding against a team that had 2 men sent off with 10 minutes to go is piss poor.

It's a continuation of pishness. 3 draws on the bounce, tonight was absolutely the hardest of the 3, but time and time again, we haven't came good when we needed to.

3rd place with a budget probably about double your nearest play-off challenger is absolutely criminal with 2 games to go and nothing to inspire confidence that we can beat these teams in a play-off format.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Against 9 men, against a manager that hasn’t brought in any of his own players yet, with a manager who has had 2 seasons to expensively build a team of his choice?  The only reasonable answer I can give is “yes”.

He’s brought in the best player in the league?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think so. It takes 2nd place out of our own hands. Conceding against a team that had 2 men sent off with 10 minutes to go is piss poor.

It's a continuation of pishness. 3 draws on the bounce, tonight was absolutely the hardest of the 3, but time and time again, we haven't came good when we needed to.

3rd place with a budget probably about double your nearest play-off challenger is absolutely criminal with 2 games to go and nothing to inspire confidence that we can beat these teams in a play-off format.

Teams with much bigger budgets than us have struggled to get out of this league in the last 5 years.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

Teams with much bigger budgets than us have struggled to get out of this league in the last 5 years.

With much better competition than we have faced.