All things Dundee FC

Is Jimmy Nicholl still involved with Dundee unofficially?

I see him at least once a week, early morning, coming out of that Food on the Green place at the top of the Provie. Usually causing a bit of a traffic issue as he just parks in the middle of the road pretty much and slaps his emergency lights on.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Usually causing a bit of a traffic issue as he just parks in the middle of the road pretty much and slaps his emergency lights on.

Typical geriatric driving around. They get right on my tits.

Thank you.

I think the big fella’s last game for us was down at Arbroath. He’s just come on and not much later flogged the goal that cost us 2 points and lost that wee bit of momentum we’d picked up with it. That particular goal was a sclaffed clearance that went the opposite way from where he was aiming, resulting in a corner that he lost his marker and the guy scored [emoji2359]  

That incident described his career with us unfortunately. Good luck to the guy and all the best fit the future. Made Ashcroft and Fontaine look like Nesta and Maldini! 

This. Absolutely cack. We’ve had some crew of donkeys.

Don't think that's the worst of shouts. Ashcroft has recently came onto a game to be fair to him, but even then is still very suspect defensively. But I'll let him slide for the time being.
Two of our poorer CH's in recent memory.
Honestly reckon pish like Kusunga, Etxabeguren, Andy Boyle and Gomis are better than the likes of Fontaine & Forster. The only CH that I think we can agree is definitely worse in the past 5-6 seasons would be Ryan Inniss.
For all McPake gets credit for his signings, he's signed some right shite to play at CH for us.

Is it just me or do we usually end up being terrible in exactly the area you’d expect the manager to get right?

McPake’s team can’t defend.

McIntyre’s team couldn’t score goals. Or do much at all in fairness.

McCann never played with proper wingers.

Hartley filled the mildfield with tiny players that couldn’t fight sleep.

This Super League pish makes me thankful for what we have in Scotland.

I'd much rather be sitting in amongst 4000 true fans that bleed dark blue than 60 000 stinkbombs that wouldn't know where the city is on a map.

The English game has been disgusting me for years, especially with the new breed of players who think turning out on the pitch is paying the fans a service. Anyone funding these football killing companies through TV money, tell them to shove it.

Away the fucking Dees and shove your monopoly leagues up your arse.

Thank you.

17 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

This Super League pish makes me thankful for what we have in Scotland.

I'd much rather be sitting in amongst 4000 true fans that bleed dark blue than 60 000 stinkbombs that wouldn't know where the city is on a map.

The English game has been disgusting me for years, especially with the new breed of players who think turning out on the pitch is paying the fans a service. Anyone funding these football killing companies through TV money, tell them to shove it.

Away the fucking Dees and shove your monopoly leagues up your arse.

Thank you.

The more and more I read into it the more pissed of I get, I actually applauded out loud when Gary Neville was lambasting Man U and Liverpool and in the same breath said he couldn’t care less about Spurs which gave is a much needed chuckle, hope uefa throw the kitchen sink at them and if they get boot out the league I hope Paul pogba enjoys playing against tiddlywinks yinited in the 11 tier of football 

Let's face it, super league ideas have been around for a few years now.  This time we have major clubs saying they would sign up to it. If they do have 60,000 turning up, as mentioned in this thread, plus a TV contract that runs to probably a £1 billion+ it will happen. Maybe not August but eventually.

We are at the NFL stage of football in Europe. It will be an invitational league with franchise clubs all invested in the Super League.

I dont feel angry over it. Business is business and with football at the top end dealing in billions these days it will happen at some point. I stopped watching CL a while back as the seedings make it a mini super league anyway, with certain clubs dominating season after season.

I presume the Bigot Brothers will be desperately trying to catch the eye of the new Super League, in the hope of being invited to join. It would be hilarious if they decided that only 1 could join (or, even better, that they needed to merge to join)...

The sooner they bugger off, the better.

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

I presume the Bigot Brothers will be desperately trying to catch the eye of the new Super League, in the hope of being invited to join. It would be hilarious if they decided that only 1 could join (or, even better, that they needed to merge to join)...

The sooner they bugger off, the better.

If it's only 20 teams I cannot see any way either of the OF would be invited.  Down the road, if it's extended to maybe 3 or 4 divisions perhaps.  

It's a threat for better terms and a threat that will come back time and time again.

The money makers want more. This is true of both sides of the argument.

Only thing I'm enjoying is the premier league's short sightedness and lack of self awareness, by literally bemoaning the very things they did to split from the Football League just 2 decades ago.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

If it's only 20 teams I cannot see any way either of the OF would be invited.  Down the road, if it's extended to maybe 3 or 4 divisions perhaps.  

I agree with that, but I imagine they will make it known that they have no qualms whatsoever in leaving behind their domestic league (that's the only thing that's been holding them back all these years, of course), unlike some of the other clubs mentioned...

5 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I agree with that, but I imagine they will make it known that they have no qualms whatsoever in leaving behind their domestic league (that's the only thing that's been holding them back all these years, of course), unlike some of the other clubs mentioned...

I'm intrigued to see how this all plays out - playing in the domestic league with no European football qualification at stake for the breakaway elite - a lot of dead rubbers ahead. 

It also said they were looking at another 3 "founder" clubs, and then 5 to be invited to join/be relegated.

I presume they are hoping for PSG & Bayern as 2 of the other 3, but not sure about the third - Porto? Dortmund? Napoli? Roma? Ajax? (obviously, we've said privately that we're not interested, so they are having to look elsewhere...)

It also said they were looking at another 3 "founder" clubs, and then 5 to be invited to join/be relegated.
I presume they are hoping for PSG & Bayern as 2 of the other 3, but not sure about the third - Porto? Dortmund? Napoli? Roma? Ajax? (obviously, we've said privately that we're not interested, so they are having to look elsewhere...)
Nelms was asked to vote on it, not sure if it's in yet.

Jamie Ness opening up about his mental struggles and how he is feeling better after taking time away from the game. Glad to see he's in a better place, I can imagine how frustrating things would've been with those injury issues.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-star-jamie-ness-23932452

Jamie Ness opening up about his mental struggles and how he is feeling better after taking time away from the game. Glad to see he's in a better place, I can imagine how frustrating things would've been with those injury issues.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-rangers-star-jamie-ness-23932452

Agreed. I liked Jamie Ness.

The German clubs have issued a unanimous ‘nien’ I think? Maybe Red Bull Leipzig?

These guys never learn, there will never be enough money. They’ll spunk the whole lot and more on players and agents and be in the same position as they are now.

They should be expelled from their respective leagues.

This notion of ‘elite’. 20 years ago Man City were in the 3rd tier of English football, 12 years ago they were still also rans, now nobody else is allowed to join the ‘elite’ group.

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

The German clubs have issued a unanimous ‘nien’ I think? Maybe Red Bull Leipzig?

These guys never learn, there will never be enough money. They’ll spunk the whole lot and more on players and agents and be in the same position as they are now.

They should be expelled from their respective leagues.

This notion of ‘elite’. 20 years ago Man City were in the 3rd tier of English football, 12 years ago they were still also rans, now nobody else is allowed to join the ‘elite’ group.

Spurs are a far more glaring example