All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

If we don’t win our last 3 games then bollocks to the playoffs. Sick of seeing this “we’ll make it if we win x amount of games”. If we can’t win all 3 then we absolutely don’t deserve promotion.

We don't deserve promotion this season any way you put it. Doesn't mean I don't want to try and believe. When given lemons, make lemonade I suppose.

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

If we don’t win our last 3 games then bollocks to the playoffs. Sick of seeing this “we’ll make it if we win x amount of games”. If we can’t win all 3 then we absolutely don’t deserve promotion.

Nah, get promoted whatever way’s possible. We aren’t winning 7 games on the bounce never mind 9 with McPake in charge. 4 wins and 5 draws will do. 

3 Wins = 2nd place guaranteed.

3 Draws = can miss out on playoffs on goal difference only if ICT and Dunfermline win last two matches.

3 Defeats = managerial change at least??

Trying to look at positives but at the moment we’re not consistent enough to pull off 6 performances on the trot so need at least second.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Ex Dee Interview: Juan Sara - The Dark Blues

I was in the Bobby Cox that night with my best mate in our then Season Ticket positions.

How I wish we were in the Derry of old to see closer at hand Georgi Nemsadze rip the piss out of these hammer-throwers.

It was only later watching footage on tv the realisation of what he had inflicted whilst assisting Sara really registered.

530279522_OIP(36).jpg.08574a12be6a7220f1a083fd505e0790.jpg   

Edited by This Charming Man

1 hour ago, This Charming Man said:

I was in the Bobby Cox that night with my best mate in our then Season Ticket positions.

How I wish we were in the Derry of old to see closer at hand Georgi Nemsadze rip the piss out of these hammer-throwers.

It was only later watching footage on tv the realisation of what he had inflicted whilst assisting Sara really registered.

530279522_OIP(36).jpg.08574a12be6a7220f1a083fd505e0790.jpg   

Not to mention the crippling of Caballero. Great times, but a sadness as well. Glad to say, we've never stooped to that level.

Thank you.

eta. Congrats on the thousand dots. TCM.

Don't think that's the worst of shouts. Ashcroft has recently came onto a game to be fair to him, but even then is still very suspect defensively. But I'll let him slide for the time being.

Two of our poorer CH's in recent memory.

Honestly reckon pish like Kusunga, Etxabeguren, Andy Boyle and Gomis are better than the likes of Fontaine & Forster. The only CH that I think we can agree is definitely worse in the past 5-6 seasons would be Ryan Inniss.

For all McPake gets credit for his signings, he's signed some right shite to play at CH for us.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

100% stand by it. 

Forster was like a toxic cloud hanging over the Cox when we were still allowed to games.

When the ball came to him it felt like a 1v1 with the keeper, like he wasn't even there. At that time too it would have been Ham hock Hamilton behind him so you knew what was coming.

Forster was saved by just how shite Jack was and Covid. With fans there he would have been gone sooner. 

Again just my take but agree he really isn't far behind Ashcroft who's only saving grace is scoring goals recently and Fontaine who hasn't been here as long.

2 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Jordon was no worse than Fontaine or Ashcroft. 

Yes he was. I wish him all the best and I don't agree with how he put it but he can feel aggrieved at the clubs reaction to the tele. I still think he was the worst cb we have though, which is some going and the opposite of what I expected.

I think the big fella’s last game for us was down at Arbroath. He’s just come on and not much later flogged the goal that cost us 2 points and lost that wee bit of momentum we’d picked up with it. That particular goal was a sclaffed clearance that went the opposite way from where he was aiming, resulting in a corner that he lost his marker and the guy scored 🤦🏻‍♂️  

That incident described his career with us unfortunately. Good luck to the guy and all the best fit the future. Made Ashcroft and Fontaine look like Nesta and Maldini! 

15 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't think that's the worst of shouts. Ashcroft has recently came onto a game to be fair to him, but even then is still very suspect defensively. But I'll let him slide for the time being.

Two of our poorer CH's in recent memory.

Honestly reckon pish like Kusunga, Etxabeguren, Andy Boyle and Gomis are better than the likes of Fontaine & Forster. The only CH that I think we can agree is definitely worse in the past 5-6 seasons would be Ryan Inniss.

For all McPake gets credit for his signings, he's signed some right shite to play at CH for us.

I liked Gomis and Kasunga, Boyle could have and should have been a better player than he turned out to be, disappointing more than anything   

29 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Is Gordon Strachan still on our books? 

He's not on our books per se. He gets free reign to do what he wants with nothing being official. Came in good for us last year as he was the only 'employee' related to the youth side of things that didn't need to be furlough as it's all unofficial. So he started putting on wee advisory sessions for the parents and kids IIRC.