All things Dundee FC

Good news lads, Jack Hamilton will be back for next week.

GIF by VakantieVeilingen

On another note, anyone in this massive list we think are both worth signing and actually possible to sign given the fact we'll likely still be in this league in what should be a much closer title race?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6427433

18 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Good news lads, Jack Hamilton will be back for next week.

GIF by VakantieVeilingen

On another note, anyone in this massive list we think are both worth signing and actually possible to sign given the fact we'll likely still be in this league in what should be a much closer title race?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6427433

Go after Callachan.

Apparently we did in the summer and he chose Accies over us. Personally I was disappointed. Despite being told he was rubbish when we had him on loan, he made a notable difference to the side in the few matches he did play before the injury, and he offered something we were completely lacking in the squad without him.

5 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Apparently we did in the summer and he chose Accies over us. Personally I was disappointed. Despite being told he was rubbish when we had him on loan, he made a notable difference to the side in the few matches he did play before the injury, and he offered something we were completely lacking in the squad without him.

Reckon Anderson and McGhee do that role now. If we are looking to move McGhee back to CH long term then he'd be ideal to fight it out with Anderson.

Ethan Ross, Alan Lithgow and Greg Stewart. 

The last only being achievable if he does a Hemmings. The rest are either not attainable or will most likely want more than should be given for a player of their standard. 

Callachan can GTF. Tripe. 

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Reckon Anderson and McGhee do that role now. If we are looking to move McGhee back to CH long term then he'd be ideal to fight it out with Anderson.

Well we've not seen McGhee play it successfully in a 4 man midfield, and I think it would be a big ask to expect Anderson to carry that role for an entire season at his age, so yes, even with Anderson and McGhee perfectly fit and available, I still think there's plenty of room for another midfielder of that type at the club.

We've plenty who can sit in and play the role behind them, especially if Finn Robertson comes back fit and eager, so I don't really want to see us sign yet another 'plodder' type, or holding player in the mould of Byrne or Robertson.

We need at least one more competent Centreback, a keeper if Legs is not here beyond the end of May, one box to box type centre mid, possibly one of each fullback if we do not re-sign Elliot or Kerr, and I think one more winger as well. Happy with our forwards for now, although if Sow is binned and Afolabi returns to Celtic, then I think we could carry one more in the squad, especially if he's a targetman type that makes a better fist of that job than Sow.

30 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

Go after Callachan.

I'd like that, knew we'd be needing a player like him this season and fully expected him to sign for us prior to our season being delayed. Thankfully McGhee stepped up, and as one of my favourite players if he can get back to fitness I'm more than happy for him to continue on in that slot.

26 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Fully believe he was gonna sign with us, but then our season was pushed back to October, Accies offered a deal, and he took it. Could definitely have went differently, but that's what I believe, damnit.

If we stay in this league, this is my personal priority list:

#1 - A good goalkeeper. All 3 are gone at the end of the season, maybe give Legzdins another year, but we need to try and find a genuinely consistently good keeper for the first time in years.

#2 - A solid and mobile CB. Forster's gone finally, and Fontaine's contract is up. We simply need a good quality CB who Ashcroft can partner with. Imo I wouldn't be livid with giving Fontaine another year, but he would strictly be competing with Fisher for 3rd string in my scenario, though if he does get another year I think McPake still starts him 🙄.

#3 - A more capable RB. With Kerr out of contract in what probably should be the end of his stint (love his passion, but I think it's defo time to move on), it's been proven over the season that Elliott isn't exactly a million miles better. Need someone more defensively able and capable of working better with McMullan I think.

Misc. 1 - Left Winger. I must say I've been fairly impressed with McDaid's resurgeance in the team, and he's earned his starting spot, but I wouldn't mind another more natural LW to at least compete, if not take over. Compared to those above though, this is less of a priority for me.

Misc. 2 - Target man. I do not wish to see Osman Sow in a Dundee shirt next season, and while even without him we will have 3 competitive strikers in our team, I do acknowledge we'll miss someone in that target man role. Not a super big priority for me, but might be an area that needs seen to. f**k it, bring Moussa back, not like he's doing anything right now.

Spoiler

Nah lol but don't really bring back Moussa

Spoiler

ᵇᵘᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ʷᵉᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ⁱᵗ

We normally release our accounts for public consumption for lack of a better phrase at the end of February.
In 2020 we posted the article on the official site on February 28th.
In 2019 we posted the statement on February 27th.
This year we've not done it yet according to Company House. It's now listed as overdue: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC004585
Is this a potential issue or just a harmless delay?

Waiting for insurance money I presume.

Seems to me like pathetic management throwing McGhee straight into the middle of the park after so long out.

A new injury is likely. Surely not expected to play the 90 - a similar situation as to when Adam was thrown back in after his corona absence.

Anyway, a must win. Make it be Dundee.

Thank you.

Shite.

Okay first half and absolutely pish second. Crying out for someone with a bit of talent in the centre, you've got to put Adam on in that second half.

How Mullen can last that 90 is beyond me and what's the point in giving Afolabi three minutes before injury time.

McDaid done great working back and McMullen the best player on the pitch for us again.

Would love us to have a right back like Comrie. The amount of balls out the park from Kerr was embarrassing.

Shite again.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

3 minutes ago, dd23 said:

Would not making the playoffs mean McPake finally got the boot, and would that be preferable to getting pumped in the playoffs

There is no danger we don't make the playoffs. My worry is we win them somehow.