All things Dundee FC

Unless it’s changed due to COVID but I haven’t seen anything and don’t see why it would be!
Yeah confirmed as 2 legs.

Wed 5th, Sun 9th, Wed 12th, Sat 15th, Wed 19th and Sun 23rd are dates.

Not sure about coverage this year as it'll be first time it's exclusive to Sky. Last time out the semis and final were covered. In the press release announcing Sky bought the rights, they did say they could broadcast all of them.

That wee break between the last league game on Friday 30th April and the 2nd round of playoff games starting Wednesday 12th May could be a nice wee advantage to recharge the batteries ahead of 4 games in 2 weeks the same as the Premiership side. Makes  2nd all the more crucial and yesterday’s fiasco all the worse. A win yesterday and a win at Dens against Raith meant we more than likely could’ve rested players a week earlier down at Palmerston and gave game time to those not starting and those returning from injury 🤦🏻‍♂️As a club we don’t half make things hard for ourselves. 

Edited by Yenitit

12 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

If offered it just now, would you take three draws from the games with Dunfermline, ICT & Raith? 

Can just feel an inevitable run of three defeats coming up...

That would likely get 3rd place but not 2nd.  

So, No.

17 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

I certainly wouldn't have thought he end up heading to a team in the EPL. 

Certainly well done for him for taking his chance at QPR.  Havnt seen much championship so I can't comment whether he is easily keeping out liam Kelly. Good business for a team sitting 4th in epl right now.

Didn't realise he was 26. 

Mcintyre certainly had some horrific signings. 

Dieng has been class for QPR. Really looks the part.

Kelly has good feet but not quite up to it overall  IMO at Championship level.  QPR paid 50k for Kelly...good value compared to Jack 😉

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

What’s the point of trying in the splits if even if you gain more points or reduce your GD, you don’t get a higher place?

141F3776-5F1D-4691-A18F-5FCA9B984A90.png

Incredible that a team who plays 5 games against the 5 worst teams in the division will gain more points that a team playing the 5 best sides.

Mind boggling really.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Incredible that a team who plays 5 games against the 5 worst teams in the division will gain more points that a team playing the 5 best sides.

Mind boggling really.

You can only beat what’s been put in front of you and by rights the dabs should leap frog you into 6th, so why should they(or anyone) fbother trying at all if there is no benefit, imagine even if it’s for the monetary gain between 6-9 should be negligible 

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

You can only beat what’s been put in front of you and by rights the dabs should leap frog you into 6th, so why should they(or anyone) fbother trying at all if there is no benefit, imagine even if it’s for the monetary gain between 6-9 should be negligible 

What? 

How would it be fairer to split the league, hand one team 5 easy fixtures and one 5 hard fixtures, and allow the team with the easier fixtures the chance to qualify for Europe instead? 

Your argument should surely be to scrap the split and play 44 games instead. This path your headed down is just moronic.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What? 

How would it be fairer to split the league, hand one team 5 easy fixtures and one 5 hard fixtures, and allow the team with the easier fixtures the chance to qualify for Europe instead? 

Your argument should surely be to scrap the split and play 44 games instead. This path your headed down is just moronic.

Then Iv not written  my original post correctly, what I mean is the split is obviously shite, why is it even a thing?

Scottish footballs format is terrible, extend the teams or play each other home and away and be done with it

Edited by D TOTAL

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Then Iv not written  my original post correctly, what I mean is the split is obviously shite, why is it even a thing?

Because the clubs in the top flight are too selfish to expand the leagues, we need 4 OF games because everyone is too cowardly to question the TV deal, and nobody wants to play 44 league games.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Because the clubs in the top flight are too selfish to expand the leagues, we need 4 OF games because everyone is too cowardly to question the TV deal, and nobody wants to play 44 league games.

We usually get 4 OF games as they more often than not meet each other in both the league and cup semi/finals, and I’m sure our tv money is pretty brutal too(cheers to Neil Doncaster and his cronies )

I’m  surprised anyone would want to invest in Scottish football when you have diddies like that at the top of the tree

Edited by D TOTAL

We normally release our accounts for public consumption for lack of a better phrase at the end of February.

In 2020 we posted the article on the official site on February 28th.

In 2019 we posted the statement on February 27th.

This year we've not done it yet according to Company House. It's now listed as overdue: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC004585

Is this a potential issue or just a harmless delay?

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We normally release our accounts for public consumption for lack of a better phrase at the end of February.

In 2020 we posted the article on the official site on February 28th.

In 2019 we posted the statement on February 27th.

This year we've not done it yet according to Company House. It's now listed as overdue: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC004585

Is this a potential issue or just a harmless delay?

Covid.

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Covid.

Not meaning to be rude, but what about it? Has there been something in the news about Covid meaning companies have extra time to file their accounts? Even the likes of Livi and United have published their confirmation statements. ETA: Apologies, Livi's aren't due until the end of this month.

Edited by Ludo*1