All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

I was going to suggest Rab, but I think someone just out of the game with more recent experience, maybe at a higher level, would be the best choice. Gives them a way into keeper coaching as well.

Ludo's man Julian Speroni certainly ticks all the above boxes for coaching, maybe playing is now beyond him though at age 41.

His good wife Marina's artwork may also just prove to be equally as popular.

Regards

C35C6B65-3952-44EE-BCF6-2DB64F4F047F-e1617364964753-940x564.jpg.fa9a494904f0f60a2917dcd67e34ca11.jpg

I realise the way Iv said “replaced with?” Has come across quite confrontational, I agree Geddes should be replaced for a younger keeper as goalkeeping techniques would have changed in the past 20/30 years since he was a player , rab is a cert for a suggestion,  I’d suggest Tomas cerny, Jamie McDonald(player/coach), Ben Alnwick 

55 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Fwiw I can’t see any of the back room staff getting the heave ho unless the next gaffer to come in had his own team that he likes to use

Absolutely right. Wholesale changes cost big pennies and will probably be overlooked as continuity will be seen as paramount. Doubt even a new manager will be afforded the opportunity to change staff.

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

I realise the way Iv said “replaced with?” Has come across quite confrontational, I agree Geddes should be replaced for a younger keeper as goalkeeping techniques would have changed in the past 20/30 years since he was a player , rab is a cert for a suggestion,  I’d suggest Tomas cerny, Jamie McDonald(player/coach), Ben Alnwick 

Hands off JMac, we’ve got him for another year! Of course, he might be available after next season, as we now have Thomson signed as the backup keeper, and keeper coach, through ‘23., so if he aspires to coaching its sort of blocked. You might get somewhere on that player/coach train of thought though, as it might be a tempting role for any of several serviceable keepers across the leagues, since playing Championship level of better is pretty assured at Dundee...at least more so than some other clubs.

Fwiw I can’t see any of the back room staff getting the heave ho unless the next gaffer to come in had his own team that he likes to use

Either they all go or nobody goes. They're all stinking the place out and some have been longer than others. 

Thanks for the efforts, off you all pop. 

Geddes was a goalie that was rooted to his line but yet he has coached our keepers for years now. Should have been replaced years ago.

Thinking about our formation. Could we play Byrne as an old fashioned sweeper. Pair whatever 2 of our centre halves you hate the least with the wee no neck c**t and Marshall as wing backs. Then McGhee, Adam and Anderson in midfield with Cumdog and Mullen up front.

On the Geddes talk, Speroni's wife confirmed in an article with The Courier today that Speroni is working on his coaching badges.

I'd have him in as goalkeeping coach, thank you.

Actually, he can be our first choice and coach himself.

As for Jack Hamilton, the only training method to utilise is a punt of the ball at him from close range; hoping if he doesn't save the ball the force upon striking his gormless pus can alter his brain chemistry in order to become a competent goalkeeper.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

7 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

4 4 2 tomorrow McPake, with McGowan and Anderson central. Adam to come in for Morten after playing most of the game against Saints.

Elliot and Cummings back in. No fucking about, please.

6/6 from this week, nothing less.

Thank you.

Agree with that, thought Cammy did enough to retain his place though.

Thank you.

I’m not all that convinced by legzdins so far he had played 5 games according to wiki

Arbroath 2-0 gea had 2 shots on target to deal with

ayr 3-1 loss 3 shots on target to deal with

Alloa 3-0 win 3 shots on target to deal with

dunfermline 3-2 win 4 on target to deal with

st Johnstone 1-0 loss 1 on target to deal with

6 goals conceded from 13 against what is consider poor games

not that I’m advocating Hamilton but come next season not 1 of the 3 Gk we have should be kept on

12 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Agree with that, thought Cammy did enough to retain his place though.

Thank you.

Its close but i prefer Elliot. If both play to their best Elliot is a better football player. I'm hoping it's the end for Kerr now - great effort and a likeable lad but its time for the club to progress. He's really not very good and has been a mainstay in years of misery. It's time to wish him the best and lets be honest there's no other club in the top two divisions who would employ him.

11 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I’m not all that convinced by legzdins so far he had played 5 games according to wiki

Arbroath 2-0 gea had 2 shots on target to deal with

ayr 3-1 loss 3 shots on target to deal with

Alloa 3-0 win 3 shots on target to deal with

dunfermline 3-2 win 4 on target to deal with

st Johnstone 1-0 loss 1 on target to deal with

6 goals conceded from 13 against what is consider poor games

not that I’m advocating Hamilton but come next season not 1 of the 3 Gk we have should be kept on

It's not all about goals conceded. He looks far more commanding from crosses for one thing. Hamilton is in the same boat as Kerr - central to years of misery. Time to say goodbye and bring a new mindset to the club.

Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Its close but i prefer Elliot. If both play to their best Elliot is a better football player. I'm hoping it's the end for Kerr now - great effort and a likeable lad but its time for the club to progress. He's really not very good and has been a mainstay in years of misery. It's time to wish him the best and lets be honest there's no other club in the top two divisions who would employ him.

It's not all about goals conceded. He looks far more commanding from crosses for one thing. Hamilton is in the same boat as Kerr - central to years of misery. Time to say goodbye and bring a new mindset to the club.

Thank you.

I’d argue for keeper it’s all about gaols conceded

8 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I’d argue for keeper it’s all about gaols conceded

If a shot is thumped into the top corner what do you want the keeper to do?

If a defender makes a mistake and leaves a 1 on 1 situation that is finished well is that the keepers fault? 

Nonsense i'm afraid.  There's a hell of a lot of things that make up the skillset of a keeper. Jack Hamilton is rancid and the fact anyone could even suggest him still starting leaves me scratching my head.

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

If a shot is thumped into the top corner what do you want the keeper to do?

If a defender makes a mistake and leaves a 1 on 1 situation that is finished well is that the keepers fault? 

Nonsense i'm afraid.  There's a hell of a lot of things that make up the skillset of a keeper. Jack Hamilton is rancid and the fact anyone could even suggest him still starting leaves me scratching my head.

Thank you.

I don’t think anyone has said that about Hamilton this season, I’m sure what I’d said is we should punt them all.

tbf to Hamilton against QoS a someone conceded a penalty in the first 2 minutes an unfortunate OG and a worldie from Gibson , I don’t blame Hamilton for any of those goals

Morton was another worldie 

did well against both Inverness and hearts before he was dropped for Arbroath 

again I’m not advocating him as our number one but I’m not convinced of ledzgins either and come the new season they should all be punted ,(if jack has the extra year I’m happy to have him as the sub keeper)