All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, bp33 said:

Don’t really know why I’ve done this, but here goes.

League results when Fontaine has started
Played 13
Won 7
Lost2
Drawn 4

League results when he hasn’t started
Played 9
Won3
Lost 4
Drawn 2

I’ll wait your response with interest.

Them the facts people. 

I am in no way sh!t stirring, thank you x. 

43 minutes ago, bp33 said:

3 goals, actually. The reason I took that tact, was when you read the shite that’s been posted with regards to Fontaine, ie can’t make a 5 yard pass, you can only assume these folk are totally clueless.

I’ve now proved that the team is better with Fontaine in it, so I’m awaiting the haters responses with interest.

What’s your thoughts on our manager?

4 hours ago, bp33 said:

Don’t really know why I’ve done this, but here goes.

League results when Fontaine has started
Played 13
Won 7
Lost2
Drawn 4

League results when he hasn’t started
Played 9
Won3
Lost 4
Drawn 2

I’ll wait your response with interest.

Do you have the results for when I have and have not been wearing my lucky dark blue Calvin Klein's?

What do folk think of our current club crest , and would you revert it back to a previous one or change it all together with something more dundeesque(city) to incorporate the law hill, the 9 maidens dragon or even f*cking beeno ?

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

What do folk think of our current club crest , and would you revert it back to a previous one or change it all together with something more dundeesque(city) to incorporate the law hill, the 9 maidens dragon or even f*cking beeno ?

The current badge should always be kept. It's magnificent

13 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I strongly dislike the shield and think it's unremarkable and bland. Was it not Gardiner who changed it? The pre-shield DFC was fine, as was the one with the red bar at the top.

Personally I'd love to see it redesigned along the lines of Motherwell's which incorporates steel mills and fir trees. Though perhaps adding jute mills to our badge some 50 years after the last mill closed would be weird.

35 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

I'd change back to the badge in a heartbeat. As in this:

Dundee F.C. - Wikipedia

It's much more interesting and appealing. I wouldn't go brand new now though.

I think we went back to the shield under Bob Brannan in order to try and stick to a 'brand'. It's the reason that's been given for not subsequently mixing it up between the two as well.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd change back to the badge in a heartbeat. As in this:

Dundee F.C. - Wikipedia

It's much more interesting and appealing. I wouldn't go brand new now though.

I think we went back to the shield under Bob Brannan in order to try and stick to a 'brand'. It's the reason that's been given for not subsequently mixing it up between the two as well.

is there a significance to the 3 lines in the red above the DFC?

32 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I strongly dislike the shield and think it's unremarkable and bland. Was it not Gardiner who changed it? The pre-shield DFC was fine, as was the one with the red bar at the top.

Personally I'd love to see it redesigned along the lines of Motherwell's which incorporates steel mills and fir trees. Though perhaps adding jute mills to our badge some 50 years after the last mill closed would be weird.

I could really get behind something like that I had it in my head something to do with jute ,the discovery or the rail way bridge 

21 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

is there a significance to the 3 lines in the red above the DFC?

I have absolutely no idea. It was designed in the 70s.

This is also an underrated classic that I think was used on our club blazers in the 50s(?):

SCFL - Dundee FC

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

I could really get behind something like that I had it in my head something to do with jute ,the discovery or the rail way bridge 

If we ever move stadium, then I'd be dead against changing the branding of our badge. We need to keep some stuff sacred!

I quite like the badge with the red above it but not stamped on the blue circle. Personally I’d go for just DFC as the badge like in the 80s. 

f**k shouldn’t have mentioned the 80s, the dabs will be all over it like it was yesterday instead of 40 years ago 🤦🏻‍♂️🤪

If we ever move stadium, then I'd be dead against changing the branding of our badge. We need to keep some stuff sacred!

It’s fine, seems like the new badge will be 50 years old by the time the move happens.

37 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Hurry Up GIF

LEE ASHCROFT: 

Merits : commanding aerially in either box. Runs funny. Works hard (although slow). 

Downfalls : passing is poor. Allows the ball to drop too often which pushes the team back further. Should be more commanding in duels. Runs fucking stupid. 

Out of fear of backlash the programs financiers are pulling the plug after only two episodes. Thank you for watching, we may see you again later in the year! 

49 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

LEE ASHCROFT: 

Merits : commanding aerially in either box. Runs funny. Works hard (although slow). 

Downfalls : passing is poor. Allows the ball to drop too often which pushes the team back further. Should be more commanding in duels. Runs fucking stupid. 

Out of fear of backlash the programs financiers are pulling the plug after only two episodes. Thank you for watching, we may see you again later in the year! 

What's his passing ability like?

Thank you.

eta, I see you've covered this, didn't read your post properly.

Thank you again.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I’d argue the exact opposite and say that’s the exact time we should start a brand

936340822_OIP(33).jpg.3331e8530b5ffd7179f784706e5fc4c8.jpg     

Good enough then and possibly appears even classier now, imho.

1037451692_OIP(34).jpg.c3f5f8017fec5fa5454a6e23a33f23ae.jpg

Edited by This Charming Man