All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

What else does it mean?

I don't know if I can get this right, as I am a balloon but...

Lets say for instance a team in the Championship wanted to play 5 at the back with a sweeper, the sweeper is usually a larger unit, not the quickest but good in the air.

Jordan Forster would be a good sweeper, but not so great as in say a back 4 or 3, where more pace and better passing is required.

Get me now, or don't you quite speak balloon yet? Maybe a bit advanced for you to comprehend.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He could move to the Morten, wouldn't be dropping down. (technically).

Morten have played a game more and let 9 less goals in though. Staying in the same league but going to a "worse" team in defence would be QoS or Alloa who are a part-time team.

His comment was pathetic and deserves to be outed as such.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I don't know if I can get this right, as I am a balloon but...

Lets say for instance a team in the Championship wanted to play 5 at the back with a sweeper, the sweeper is usually a larger unit, not the quickest but good in the air.

Jordan Forster would be a good sweeper, but not so great as in say a back 4 or 3, where more pace and better passing is required.

Get me now, or don't you quite speak balloon yet? Maybe a bit advanced for you to comprehend.

That's right Johnny, I'm the balloon who thinks slagging people for (in your opinion) being rubbish is OK but slagging them for their skin colour is not OK. In your opinion, you can't change your skin colour but can just get better or change your employers.

You do also realise that you can only play with so many teams per season? You do also realise that playing for, let's say, Dundee doesn't mean you'll play 352 etc?

1 minute ago, thommohawk said:

That's right Johnny, I'm the balloon who thinks slagging people for (in your opinion) being rubbish is OK but slagging them for their skin colour is not OK. In your opinion, you can't change your skin colour but can just get better or change your employers.

You do also realise that you can only play with so many teams per season? You do also realise that playing for, let's say, Dundee doesn't mean you'll play 352 etc?

Aye ok mate, read from the start of when this whole Jordan Forster thing kicked off and highlight when I ever said that slagging people for being rubbish is ok? In fact, I think you will find that I agree with him on that point 100% and I have even said that I will change my criticism to being more constructive because of what he said.

Yes of course I know this, remind me, how many clubs has he played with this season?

No but have we ever played with a sweeper either? It was just an example.

So you're telling me footballers can't improve once the hit professional levels?

Have a word with yourself chief.

33 minutes ago, thommohawk said:

In your opinion, you can't change your skin colour but can just get better.

Love this btw.

The idea of a full time footballer, who gets paid to do so, working hard to improve how to control a floating ball of leather is apparently an outrageous idea. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Love this btw.

The idea of a full time footballer, who gets paid to do so, working hard to improve how to control a floating ball of leather is apparently an outrageous idea. 

Tbf, he is a Dundee fan. To see a player 'improve' is quite the phenomenon here.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I support Jordon Forster in this matter. We have to remember that the only reason this came up at all was because the Evening Telegraph published a piece of journalism that was as cowardly as it was lazy in which they simply speculated that Forster may be on his way to Partick Thistle in a loan deal. 

That was immediately followed by a selection of quotes wholly lifted of twitter/facebook/football forums basically with the usual type of stuff like 'I'll drive him there', 'guy's a donkey',etc. This all came hot on the heels of Kane Hemmings publicly discussing his metal health struggles during his career and specifically at Dundee.

At no time did Forster say his situation is the same as racial abuse, but he simply pointed out that there are and can be more that one issue going on in football that could cause upset to the public figures with in the game. He also never said that managers and players are above criticism, let's face it the problem here is that the Telegraph was obviously looking to fill some space and just decided drop a ton of barrage of shite into this players lap without a minutes thought in the form of online fans opinions.

Furthermore Forster is right that the club should've supported him more forcefully. McPake said that he fully supported Forster only after getting a question put to him in the run up to one of last weeks games. IMO, Dundee FC should've formalised a statement of disagreement of the article's content and support for the players right to feel aggrieved. 

Interesting posting indeed CanadianDee. I'll reply as all others are apparently ignoring the issue. 

A basic duty of care and further scrutiny is required for an employee when as issue such as this is raised in any profession, it's 2021 after all.

However it would appear on the surface John Nelms' has made a judgement call between a disgruntled, out of favour employee and the clubs ongoing relationship with the local press corp.

If I'm wrong John Nelms', a welcomed  press release/club statement with your views regarding Mr Jordan Forster (to clear the air for him if nowt else) would be appreciated.

Merely my concerned opinion.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

I agree that the club should support Forster, however has he shot himself in the foot by saying that it's not between the club and the press, it's between him and the press?

You can't just say in one breath that it's nothing to do with the club, then in another say that the club don't support him enough.

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/highly-rated-dundee-youngster-fin-robertson-ruled-out-for-the-rest-of-the-season/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Finlay Robertson out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury picked up in training. Sucks big time, Fin's appeared to have had a frustrating second season after such a good first one, and it's a shite way to end his season. I trust he will return next season better than before.

In other injury news, Fontaine and Sow both expected to be available for Saturday. McGhee trained pre-match on Friday, but still no date given on him. Jakubiak is now sprinting in training.

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/highly-rated-dundee-youngster-fin-robertson-ruled-out-for-the-rest-of-the-season/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Finlay Robertson out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury picked up in training. Sucks big time, Fin's appeared to have had a frustrating second season after such a good first one, and it's a shite way to end his season. I trust he will return next season better than before.

In other injury news, Fontaine and Sow both expected to be available for Saturday. McGhee trained pre-match on Friday, but still no date given on him. Jakubiak is now sprinting in training.

Fin should have been punted out on loan this season to consolidate what we knew was gonna be a classy wee player, he was never gonna get in the team ahead of Adam,Byrne,McGowan and now even Anderson(and full credit to Anderson for making it this way)

4 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Fin should have been punted out on loan this season to consolidate what we knew was gonna be a classy wee player, he was never gonna get in the team ahead of Adam,Byrne,McGowan and now even Anderson(and full credit to Anderson for making it this way)

To be fair, there'd have been outrage if Robertson was put out on loan at the start of the season. He's had a limited opportunity to nail a position this season, didn't quite grasp it (it was a difficult one to take) then Anderson stepped in and filled the void.

Anderson is in the position Robertson was last season and if he were to suddenly go out on loan there'd be quite rightly, uproar.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, there'd have been outrage if Robertson was put out on loan at the start of the season. He's had a limited opportunity to nail a position this season, didn't quite grasp it (it was a difficult one to take) then Anderson stepped in and filled the void.

I wonder if lower league football wasn't suspended going into the new year that Fin might've went off on loan in January. I feel like he wouldn't as McPake would want him around despite not getting a game very often, but I'd be curious if a decent League One team would've went in for him. Reckon he'd piss that league tbh.

On 19/03/2021 at 21:52, Ludo*1 said:

To be honest, wouldn't be against it.

Some investment to make if they still have any ambitions of moving stadium.

Our pitch is usually one of the best in Scotland but this season it's easily been worse than the worst black rubber pebble dashed pitch.

See you think that but a grass pitch is only really shit for 4 months a season whereas a plastic one is shit all year round. It’s horrible.