All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's been shite since Arbroath away. He deserves to be cut slack. He's practically carried this team to the points we do have on the board, but he's been utter shite for a good 5-6 games.

You mean Adam has been deteriorating under McPake.  What player hasn’t?

Edited by Shadow Play

46 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I could sit at my computer and rant about that all night, but what good would it do? Can't remember feeling as low as this even under McIntyre or when I felt we'd shafted Barry Smith or Jocky.

Just a complete feeling of hopelessness.

And the worst thing is, I probably will just rant until I go to bed.

7d8.jpg.ddbc20e01750d9b569ffa30f3ca5fa66.jpg

28 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

But why though? (Not that I'm getting at you here.)

The longer he is in charge, the less fans will pay good money to watch this shit.

I can’t my head around this either. We can all see he’s making a complete arse of this manager malarkey, why isn’t Nelms. Maybe he’s a really good coach behind the scenes but I highly doubt it. 

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

But why though? (Not that I'm getting at you here.)

The longer he is in charge, the less fans will pay good money to watch this shit.

2 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I can’t my head around this either. We can all see he’s making a complete arse of this manager malarkey, why isn’t Nelms. Maybe he’s a really good coach behind the scenes but I highly doubt it. 

Because he's their "project". I'm convinced they have a multi-year plan which involves McPake learning on the job and getting us back to the top tier. Surely possibly not even making the play-offs in his 2nd season is not in their plans.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Will we get papped out the cup by a mediocre St Johnstone team? Yes.

Point 1: Thats mediocre Betfred Cup Winners St Johnstone, you

Point 2: I think its November since a team outwith the OF beat us with 11 men

Point 3: You'll absolutely beat us in the Cup.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Point 1: Thats mediocre Betfred Cup Winners St Johnstone, you

Point 2: I think its November since a team outwith the OF beat us with 11 men

Point 3: You'll absolutely beat us in the Cup.

Fair play on your first two points.. 

Believe me you couldn't be more wrong about your third point

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Adam's never had 'legs' since he's been at Dens. He's always been somewhat of a passenger. 

Cutting him some slack here - he's just back from covid. 

Absolute nonsense Dele my man, with all due respect have a word with yourself regarding a player who if anything continues to sacrifice his own personal performance level.

Continually trying too hard to carry the shite all around him, imho.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's been shite since Arbroath away. He deserves to be cut slack. He's practically carried this team to the points we do have on the board, but he's been utter shite for a good 5-6 games.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Should never be starting tonight with 1 and a half training sessions, 30 mins on Saturday, and then just one more training session. Deciding to do that is just beyond stupid.

Yet our manager James McPake left Charlie Adam on the park for the full 93 minutes, whilst he was sitting on a yellow card.

How Charlie must be regretting the timing of his footballing return under such management, whilst everyone seems to be forgetting his personal reasons for returning to the Dundee area!

Respect to the man, imho.

Do you really think James McPake is worried about our next game, even he surely does not expect to see the end of the week still in his current employment.

Merely my realistic opinion. 

Edited by This Charming Man

55 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

image.png.95a5524ff2ffb92d693fb1e58e4847d9.png

Pure rage.

I normally appreciate McPake's honesty in interviews. It's refreshing and he never holds back.

That's just nonsense though. We were hoofing it just as much as they were. In fact, they had the better passages of play of 'pretty' football whereas we had Adam collecting it from CH and hoofing it.

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I normally appreciate McPake's honesty in interviews. It's refreshing and he never holds back.

That's just nonsense though. We were hoofing it just as much as they were. In fact, they had the better passages of play of 'pretty' football whereas we had Adam collecting it from CH and hoofing it.

He put that statement out after listening to Hopkins interview on Ayr’s TV , Hopkin stated large areas of the pitch were very poor with lots of sand and the only way to get up the park was to keep the ball away from those areas by playing the ball in the air to avoid it , good tactic as it certainly worked 

Edited by Robbo63

Am I right in thinking that in a neat 2 year stint, this clown has us with a negative goal difference in league games, despite potentially having the second biggest budget in the second tier in each of those years? That alone is fucking embarrassing. Why the f**k is Nelms persisting with a man who will undoubtedly never work as a Manager in league football ever again? Why is Keyes tolerating failure after failure in managerial appointments from Nelms? 

An utter fucking shitshow from top to bottom. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Am I right in thinking that in a neat 2 year stint, this clown has us with a negative goal difference in league games, despite potentially having the second biggest budget in the second tier in each of those years?

I'll have you know that over his 46 games in the Championship, McPake's GD is a perfect zero: 66 GF, 66 GA. As for winning percentage at this level, his is at 39.19%, by far the lowest of any Dundee manager in the 2nd tier who has managed at least one full season (Jocky Scott second bottom with 46.88%).

7 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'll have you know that over his 46 games in the Championship, McPake's GD is a perfect zero: 66 GF, 66 GA. As for winning percentage at this level, his is at 39.19%, by far the lowest of any Dundee manager in the 2nd tier who has managed at least one full season (Jocky Scott second bottom with 46.88%).

Good fucking lord that is depressing.