All things Dundee FC

Guest Wieghortsnut
9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interesting idea. Here's my list of managers since I started watching Dundee. Note: Barry Smith would instantly go to the top of my list for that single season, but I'll treat it over the spell. And John McCormack was just appointed manager when I started going to Dens, but remember very little.

1. Jocky Scott.

2. Paul Hartley

3. Barry Smith

4. Jocky Scott II

5. Jim Duffy

6. Alex Rae

7. Ivano Bonetti (Love him enough to be in my top 3, but let's be real. He's lucky to get this high!)

8. John Brown

9. Neil McCann

10. Gordon Chisholm

11. James McPake

12. Alan Kernaghan

13. Jim McIntyre

Absolute madness.

Only Jocky, Hartley & Smith can be deemed as successful over their whole stints IMO and I'm sure that not everyone would be unanimous on 

Duffy

Jocky 

Hartley

The rest can suck my white ass

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

If Nelms even attempted this the Americans would need run out of town emoji23.png Fucking hell, it doesn't even bear thinking about. That would be as bad as appointing fucking Bomber.

Lennon with big Rab as his assistant wouldn’t float your boat then 🤔 Imo he done well at Hibs. 

49 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lennon had Hibs playing exciting football, got them back into the top flight and back into Europe. He's just a c**t of a human being.

Pros and cons.

Correct about Hibs. More angry than c**t I’d say. 

Edited by Yenitit

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Lennon had Hibs playing exciting football, got them back into the top flight and back into Europe. He's just a c**t of a human being.

Pros and cons.

Is he a c**t of a human being though? Very 'Celtic' minded but you would expect that, came across as a very arrogant Celtic manager but that's just something that comes with the roll. A c**t of a human being seems a tad harsh.

I would be happy if he came here, not that he is though.

Edited by johnnydun

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Is he a c**t of a human being though? Very 'Celtic' minded but you would expect that, came across as a very arrogant Celtic manager but that's just something that comes with the roll. A c**t of a human being seems a tad harsh.

Aye, he's a c**t:

11 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Have to agree with Johnny regarding the above, tad harsh.

We did after all welcome and employ Govan season ticket holders in Neil McCann and John Brown.

East coast regards.

On 23/02/2021 at 17:53, This Charming Man said:

Unless I've slipped into a parallel universe, which is quite possible tbf and preferable , I cannot recall in my 46 years of visiting Dens Park the playing surface being in such a permanently poor winter condition.

Surely the existing under-soil heating system could be utilised to counter balance the excessive residual ground moisture content and thereby assist with the natural drainage. Lesser clubs get by using simple pitch coverage assisted by gas/electric hot air blowers. I've certainly seen over the years far harder winters locally than this one.

One thing is for sure, the groundsman does not become poor at his job overnight, hence I would have to assume there are conflicting internal issues we are not aware of.

Regards 

Knew someone would find a way to blame McPake for the pitch 

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did he not allegedly fire a host of inappropriate insults as Dempster as well?

It was all very hush, hush at the time and I don't think many know the full story.

That's how I understand it. The language he allegedly used would see an employee insta-fired by any normal employer. TBH, if it's true what he's alleged to have said, and I accept it's a very big 'if', then I'm astonished that Celtic felt it was appropriate to re-hire him at all. I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near Dens.

56 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

That's how I understand it. The language he allegedly used would see an employee insta-fired by any normal employer. TBH, if it's true what he's alleged to have said, and I accept it's a very big 'if', then I'm astonished that Celtic felt it was appropriate to re-hire him at all. I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near Dens.

Yep, 100% this. That should have been the end of his football career if it was true.