All things Dundee FC

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interesting idea. Here's my list of managers since I started watching Dundee. Note: Barry Smith would instantly go to the top of my list for that single season, but I'll treat it over the spell. And John McCormack was just appointed manager when I started going to Dens, but remember very little.

1. Jocky Scott.

2. Paul Hartley

3. Barry Smith

4. Jocky Scott II

5. Jim Duffy

6. Alex Rae

7. Ivano Bonetti (Love him enough to be in my top 3, but let's be real. He's lucky to get this high!)

8. John Brown

9. Neil McCann

10. Gordon Chisholm

11. James McPake

12. Alan Kernaghan

13. Jim McIntyre

Absolute madness.

Only Jocky, Hartley & Smith can be deemed as successful over their whole stints IMO and I'm sure that not everyone would be unanimous on that!

If that shower of shite isn't bad enough, I'm old enough to add Coco, Stainrod and Munro into the mix. Can just about remember Archie Knox, but that's a stretch... Would put Bonetti above Rae, and McCormack at about 8, but really only Jocky & Duffy have had anything like a decent track record, apart from Hartley's first two seasons and Barry in Dee-fiant mode....

On the Brightside, surely we can't do worse with out next managerial pick.

Can we????

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nothing finer than da's exploding at teams having the temerity to pass the ball.

Absolute NAP yer man here was screeching "get the ball forward!" before the keepers pass had even reached the CB.

It's a lose-lose situation. 'Get it up the park!!!' is usually interchangeable with 'Keep it on the deck!!!' depending on what's going wrong in any particular game.

6 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

If that shower of shite isn't bad enough, I'm old enough to add Coco, Stainrod and Munro into the mix. Can just about remember Archie Knox, but that's a stretch... Would put Bonetti above Rae, and McCormack at about 8, but really only Jocky & Duffy have had anything like a decent track record, apart from Hartley's first two seasons and Barry in Dee-fiant mode....

Thought Munro could have been good, but never really got a chance, Archie Knox I would say is easily the best manager I've seen in (50 years)

My favourite time following Dundee was probably Jocky's first spell in 87-88 and Duffy in the mid-90s before he made the mistake of going to Hibs, which he admitted himself he regrets. I was gutted at the time but I couldn't blame him considering the utter nonsense going on at the club at the time. The football at the time was also superb. The top 4 or 5 teams in the First Division  back then would easily hold their own in the Prem now. 

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Was Archie's brilliant side that he inherited though.😎 

I just missed his tenure unfortunately. First game was the Tannadice Derby in March 87, then became a regular later the following season. First Dens match I remember was a 3-1 win over Falkirk. 

On 18/02/2021 at 12:23, Yenitit said:

Hearing rumours the planning applications have all been sorted out and agreed to regards Nou Campy and there’s  a possible announcement next month. Anyone else heard anything about it?Could be a lot of shite, time will tell. 

is this not the week Dundee wait until 4.59pm on the final working day of the month to file the annual accounts , in the hope no one notices

The would be the idea time to announce the move, a move which should kick things on massively for your club.

34 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

is this not the week Dundee wait until 4.59pm on the final working day of the month to file the annual accounts , in the hope no one notices

The would be the idea time to announce the move, a move which should kick things on massively for your club.

29th Feb was when the accounts were published last month. So anytime over the next week or so.

15 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Looks like a Rolex Batman to add to his Rolex Smurf and Rolex Yachtmaster.  Nice treble.

Seen him with the Batman before, not the other two though, indeed a nice treble.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Seen him with the Batman before, not the other two though, indeed a nice treble.

You may well be right Biggie.  I thought he was wearing a Smurf when he signed on with us.  Just double checked and it was indeed a Batman he was wearing.  Not a wasted bit if checking by me though - it reminded me of the good times when I had some hope our club was going in the right direction.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

You may well be right Biggie.  I thought he was wearing a Smurf when he signed on with us.  Just double checked and it was indeed a Batman he was wearing.  Not a wasted bit if checking by me though - it reminded me of the good times when I had some hope our club was going in the right direction.

Yeah, happy days. Glenn Kamara and Roarie Deacon.

Love the Smurf, 'stealth wealth'.

Thank you.

TDB currently discussing the hope of getting in Neil Lennon. In any case, lol.
If Nelms even attempted this the Americans would need run out of town [emoji23] Fucking hell, it doesn't even bear thinking about. That would be as bad as appointing fucking Bomber.