All things Dundee FC

Unless I've slipped into a parallel universe, which is quite possible tbf and preferable , I cannot recall in my 46 years of visiting Dens Park the playing surface being in such a permanently poor winter condition.

Surely the existing under-soil heating system could be utilised to counter balance the excessive residual ground moisture content and thereby assist with the natural drainage. Lesser clubs get by using simple pitch coverage assisted by gas/electric hot air blowers. I've certainly seen over the years far harder winters locally than this one.

One thing is for sure, the groundsman does not become poor at his job overnight, hence I would have to assume there are conflicting internal issues we are not aware of.

Regards 

10 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Unless I've slipped into a parallel universe, which is quite possible tbf and preferable , I cannot recall in my 46 years of visiting Dens Park the playing surface being in such a permanently poor winter condition.

Surely the existing under-soil heating system could be utilised to counter balance the excessive residual ground moisture content and thereby assist with the natural drainage. Lesser clubs get by using simple pitch coverage assisted by gas/electric hot air blowers. I've certainly seen over the years far harder winters locally than this one.

One thing is for sure, the groundsman does not become poor at his job overnight, hence I would have to assume there are conflicting internal issues we are not aware of.

Regards 

If you find out how to get to a parallel universe in which James McPake no longer exists as Dundee manager then please let us know!

thank you. 

7 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

FFS LOL couldna make this up and some of YOU lot have the cheek to call us a small time Junior club WELL at least we can get more games on than our BIG TIME Charlie neighbours from a wee bit down the coast = FARCE.

Smokies & Wine, 36-0 Ya Bass!

Tinpot club, Absolute fucking embarrassment 💩💩💩💩💩

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

FFS LOL couldna make this up and some of YOU lot have the cheek to call us a small time Junior club WELL at least we can get more games on than our BIG TIME Charlie neighbours from a wee bit down the coast = FARCE.

Smokies & Wine, 36-0 Ya Bass!

You ought to put down the wine ya stupid looking old melon.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

I'm not really sure a club appointing a better manager on a temporary basis than we have on a permanent deal is that much of a laughing matter. 

Every manager appointed by every club is a better appointment than our manager. Let me enjoy this, if only briefly.

lol

3 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

What was McCann like when he was in charge of you guys? 

Offered players square go's, a winner. Takes no shit and attempts to play football the way it should be played. 

I genuinely fear for you if you still have Brad McKay at the back and McCann's insistence to play it out. 

4 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

You’ve opened a can of worms here. Signed a lot of players, some very good, some duds. Had some very good ideas on how to play but didn’t get given enough time to implement them properly. Had he been given  more time he’d certainly have kept us up and wouldn’t have signed clowns like Andrew Davies and Martin fucking Woods.

5 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

He had ideas way above the ability of the players HE brought in......and believe me, he brought in a lot of players.

He certainly knew how to talk a good game but then again there are lots of people like that in every profession.

IMHO he lacked a lot of qualities required in a good football manager.

Just my opinions of course.

34 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Offered players square go's, a winner. Takes no shit and attempts to play football the way it should be played. 

I genuinely fear for you if you still have Brad McKay at the back and McCann's insistence to play it out. 

TBF McKay will be the reliable one there if they're still using Wallace Duffy.

53 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

You've appointed the angriest man in Scottish football. Takes zero shit. Will have you playing from the back and there will be no variance from this model. Philosophy is more important than results.

58 minutes ago, SteveAn said:

You could see what he was trying to achieve, playing it out from the back constantly, but he didn't bring in the players capable of doing this plus this style doesn't really suit Scottish football. Shame it didn't work.

Commence ICT going on a winning run by playing it out from the back.