All things Dundee FC

I reckon that the lack of a sacking is because the Yanks are attempting to engender a long-term 'culture' at the club, i.e. promote from within, have a consistency of thought, approach, philosophy, make it clear that players and staff who come to the club will be immersed in the 'Dundee' way etc etc.

That's all fine and well if what you are doing delivers a degree of consistent success thanks to the people involved being fundamentally competent. Presumably they are attempting to engender a culture of ignorant incompetence and infuriating repetition.

I reckon that the lack of a sacking is because the Yanks are attempting to engender a long-term 'culture' at the club, i.e. promote from within, have a consistency of thought, approach, philosophy, make it clear that players and staff who come to the club will be immersed in the 'Dundee' way etc etc.
That's all fine and well if what you are doing delivers a degree of consistent success thanks to the people involved being fundamentally competent. Presumably they are attempting to engender a culture of ignorant incompetence and infuriating repetition.

Humans are brilliant in creating some sort of emotive nonsense at the expense of basic competence. Insane how often you see this sort of thing in football.

10 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Can you post a link Yenitit?

No but the headline is Sold Short. Then Dark Blues American owners are not getting what they expected for their investment. Asking whether the Americans are happy with the bang they’re getting for their bucks. Mentions Adam, Sow, Cummings in an expensively built squad and that McPake has been heavily backed financially by Tim Keyes. Said the Texans and us fans can be forgiven for expecting more. Mentions we’ve only won 5 league games this season and 11 last season and is a poor return on Keyes investment with the fans fast losing patience with McPake. Then onto Charlie saying we have to start winning ASAP because games are running out and that starts with Ayr who beat us comfortably at the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

Humans are brilliant in creating some sort of emotive nonsense at the expense of basic competence. Insane how often you see this sort of thing in football.

Is it no just.

Mind that whole Bonetti caper?

Darlington and their 25,000 capacity stadium opened in 2003 that was immediately restricted to 6000 capacity, but was still half-empty most weeks. Insolvency 5 or so years later

The Gretna nonsense.

Raith and Claude Anelka

John Collins causing player revolts everywhere he goes and still getting job after job because he played in France and has a six pack.

German fans almost universally loathing RBL on the basis that 'they're not a real football club', despite the fact that 99% of them would bite your hand off to see their own club with the sort of money RBL has and sitting near the top of the Bundesliga. I find this utterly risible when it's coming from fans of teams like Volkswagenburg, BAYER Leverkusen, etc

Neil McCann and his 'I believe in playing football a certain way' garbage. What way is that then Neil? Getting bullied off the park and humped most weeks by rank rotten mid-table shite?

The whole 'WATP', tribalist, indentity-politics thing at certain clubs. Aye, you can away and take yer face fir a shite with that stuff. Yer a football club, no some sort of revolutionary/paramilitary group of freedom fighters, a social justice advocacy group, or anything of any similar ilk. Funny how they're the very first fans to take umbrage and offence when you suggest that perhaps their 'passion' is detrimental to football and not beneficial, and somehow not the be all and end all they seem to believe it is.

Feel free to add to this

Edited by Boo Khaki

If it's any consolation folks, Queens have a history of getting a result against a team and that team can't handle it, with the result that management teams are removed. Started with Celtic in the sixties when Jock Stein replaced whoever had the job beforehand (bet even Celtic fans can't remember who was boss before him). Getting gubbed by Queens appears to be the litmus test for most clubs, glad to be of assistance.

11 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Wanting Ayr to win.

Obviously I can understand why some might see that as being a means to an end but I'd  struggle to wish we'd lose a game.  And, there is zero guarantee that losing to Ayr would lead to McPake  leaving.  Looking purely at the table. our paymasters will likely think McPake is keeping us there or thereabouts (which he is) so I'm not optimistic a defeat to Ayr would be the final straw.  

If it's any consolation folks, Queens have a history of getting a result against a team and that team can't handle it, with the result that management teams are removed. Started with Celtic in the sixties when Jock Stein replaced whoever had the job beforehand (bet even Celtic fans can't remember who was boss before him). Getting gubbed by Queens appears to be the litmus test for most clubs, glad to be of assistance.

Very interesting.

Hate to say it, but that looks very much like a pitch that has just been abandoned to the elements for an extended period. I'm not suggesting outright neglect, more that thanks to the covid-related reduction in income, the club have taken a 'what will be will be' attitude to maintenance and efforts to recover the pitch into a useable state.

It's not like there aren't means of removing excess surface water even if the ground underneath is saturated. It's not like tarping the pitch up overnight if there is heavy rain expected early next morning is going to totally kill the grass either.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This will be another excuse for McPake, 'the backlog of fixtures' blah blah blah.

You mean “the backlog” big pause, “of” big pause “fixtures” blah blah blah. 

Yes that will be the excuse. Too many games in too short a time in difficult times 😡

Edited by Yenitit

33 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Hate to say it, but that looks very much like a pitch that has just been abandoned to the elements for an extended period. I'm not suggesting outright neglect, more that thanks to the covid-related reduction in income, the club have taken a 'what will be will be' attitude to maintenance and efforts to recover the pitch into a useable state.

It's not like there aren't means of removing excess surface water even if the ground underneath is saturated. It's not like tarping the pitch up overnight if there is heavy rain expected early next morning is going to totally kill the grass either.

What an absolute shitshow of a season so far 😔 Have we been unlucky that we’ve happened to have home games when there’s been heavy rainfall the week of the home games and the park is getting ruined that way? Genuinely looking for any excuse because I can’t recall seeing the pitch in such a bad state before. It looks to me like we are going to struggle for the foreseeable to get a game on at Dens if there has been rain leading up to the game. 

49 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I can understand abandoning to the elements with a what will be attitude if we were in Spain or Italy , but wer no, wer In Scotland, in February, bit o’ common sense considering we took the piss out o’ the Dab’s for it, kudos to them for at least buying a tarp or something to protect whatever key area