All things Dundee FC

16 minutes ago, Mr X said:
34 minutes ago, MS RR said:
Haha I'm not too sure about that wee man. I'd be embarrassed if Falkirk lost at home to QoS, half their team that played today were released by us because they weren't good enough.  

Half? Name two

I was wondering that, especially given McKee wasnt playing. 

I assume he's including Gibson. He might very spuriously be trying to claim Maxwell and Ferguson too. 

Strictly regarding football and not the manager who should obviously not be manager, I'm only further convinced of going 4-2-3-1 in the absence of McGhee. Elliott has to replace Kerr and Malachi has to replace Ashcroft. Adam and Byrne in the CDM roles, Gowser is useless on the wing so have him at CAM where he's at his best (remember his assists for Hemmings last season in that position), McMullan at RAM and Cummings up front alone, because Osman Sow is fucking gash and a 3-game purple patch doesn't change that imo. Only issue is prob LAM, as you'd have to have one of Mullen/Afolabi/Gowser/Super Nicky Hamilton there, and none of them inspire confidence. I think personally I'd have Afolabi there.

The 4-4-2 was a disaster today.

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

John Brown got sacked for a lot less than McPake has got away with.

Surely at some point it might just click with Nelms that scraping into the playoffs and then getting papped out is not a good measure by any standards.

John Brown never got sacked. He walked and Gardiner tried to talk him into staying.

57 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Strictly regarding football and not the manager who should obviously not be manager, I'm only further convinced of going 4-2-3-1 in the absence of McGhee. Elliott has to replace Kerr and Malachi has to replace Ashcroft. Adam and Byrne in the CDM roles, Gowser is useless on the wing so have him at CAM where he's at his best (remember his assists for Hemmings last season in that position), McMullan at RAM and Cummings up front alone, because Osman Sow is fucking gash and a 3-game purple patch doesn't change that imo. Only issue is prob LAM, as you'd have to have one of Mullen/Afolabi/Gowser/Super Nicky Hamilton there, and none of them inspire confidence. I think personally I'd have Afolabi there.

The 4-4-2 was a disaster today.

Agree with 90% of that , but you’ll never convince that Elliot is a player , his crossing is as bad Kerr  first man all the time , but Cammy can at least put in a tackle the way wingers zipped past Elliot is unreal , new right back required ASAP , but for me at the moment Kerr before Elliot 

Exactly.
 Name ONE club that was even thinking of appointing McPake.  Not one club was because they would judge him on his ability or at the very least his potential ability.  Nelms fell for the fact he thought McPake loved the club and that he was hard working - and the fact he was the cheapest option!  Even if those two attributes were true it takes much more than that to be the manager of a club the size of Dundee.
McPake must be laughing himself to sleep each night.  Laughing even more than he did with the reporter after the Arbroath debacle  before he realised they had gone live!

I thought that was the Bonnyrigg debacle.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Not if I loved the club and that’s the very point I’ve been trying to make.  Dundee are simply an employer to McPake.  They made him an offer and he thought of himself first and foremost.  Nothing wrong with that but please let’s not pretend he loves the club or that he puts the club first and foremost.

In addition to above and to answer your question directly I’d like to think I’d have the common sense to play the long game and only make the move into management once I knew I was ready to do myself and the club justice.  As it stands McPake will never again manage another club of a decent level once Nelms finally accepts he’s made yet another managerial mistake.  If  only McPake had stopped and thought a little before accepting the offer from Nelms he could have matured and grown into management.

Agree Shadow, just like the previous two incumbents Neil McCann and Jim McIntyre (with or without Wm. Dodds), now both unemployable as managers in general.

The common denominator, Mr Nelms decision making and unwillingness to act and accept responsibility for a mistake.

Great backers of our club are Tim Keyes and John Nelms for which we should always be grateful, however please seek professional advice in this line of business before the situation deteriorates beyond reasonable repair.

Concerned regards.   

2 hours ago, MS RR said:

Haha I'm not too sure about that wee man. I'd be embarrassed if Falkirk lost at home to QoS, half their team that played today were released by us because they weren't good enough.  

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Your last game was a loss to East Fife.

Happy Danny Glover GIF by Regal

"Released cos the wurnae good enough for us" 

Playing games. Winning games. In a higher league. I mean, come on to f**k? :lol: