All things Dundee FC

Interesting article on the Guardian website about Kano - some deeply troubling stuff going on in his head from the sounds of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/18/burton-kane-hemmings-i-get-scared-before-games-im-not-embarrassed-saying-that

Nice picture of him scoring against the DABS too, though....

Unbelievable article on Kane Hemmings: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/18/burton-kane-hemmings-i-get-scared-before-games-im-not-embarrassed-saying-that

Just goes to show he's made the right decision going back down South as that's where he's most comfortable. Details how he thought about killing himself during the season he was ripping the top flight to shreds and how James McPake was the one that helped him seek help when he broke down in our changing rooms last season and was turning to drink. Very powerful article and once again shows you just don't know what's going on in someone's head.

Just now, Spikethedee said:

Interesting article on the Guardian website about Kano - some deeply troubling stuff going on in his head from the sounds of it.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/18/burton-kane-hemmings-i-get-scared-before-games-im-not-embarrassed-saying-that

Nice picture of him scoring against the DABS too, though....

ETA don't think it's after him scoring, as it appears to be the Doon Derby....

2 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

ETA don't think it's after him scoring, as it appears to be the Doon Derby....

He was given Gadzhalov's goal/claimed it at the time I'm sure until replays deemed it Gadz'.

Edited by Ludo*1

40 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was given Gadzhalov's goal/claimed it at the time I'm sure until replays deemed it Gadz'.

Have you seen Gadz' Wikipedia page?

The bit about the Doon Derby might not have been written by an unbiased source:

"Gadzhalov scored the first goal for Dundee in the "Get Doon Derby" against rivals Dundee United on 2 May 2016, an absolute thundertwat of a header into the top bins following a corner kick. Dundee went on to win the Derby 2–1 at Dens Park, relegating Dundee United to the Scottish Championship.[9] "

Not ashamed to admit that’s totally changed my perspective on his transfer. Gutted at the time when he left in the summer when the national and local press up here stated it was due to him not accepting a pay cut and that we’d been taken for a ride. Now there’s a lot more to the story than the press made out. 

All the best Kano. 

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Great article, given me a lot of perspective. Glad Kano's put it out there, an important message for anyone struggling similarly.

Absolutely!

He will also be helping himself by talking openly about it. Better than any medication.

19 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Not ashamed to admit that’s totally changed my perspective on his transfer. Gutted at the time when he left in the summer when the national and local press up here stated it was due to him not accepting a pay cut and that we’d been taken for a ride. Now there’s a lot more to the story than the press made out. 

All the best Kano. 

This.

Yet more bullshit from the MSM, was raging as well, but turns out it was all crap. Always loved Kano, great talent, and was fucking amazing for us.

All the best Kano.

Thank you very much.

Image result for kane hemmings scores v utd

17 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Absolutely!

He will also be helping himself by talking openly about it. Better than any medication.

Just read the Kane Hemmings article, good to see that he's starting to come to terms with it.  We fans never really know the inner demons that some players have to deal with and in the rough and tumble world of competitive professional sport I guess its not easy to put your hand up and say "I'm struggling here".  I read an interview with the ex Queens winger David Weartherston after he had retired and he said that he got so nervous before games that he was often physically sick and it was something he never really mastered.  Then of course there was the really tragic case of Chris Mitchell who was part of our side that strolled League 1 when we got dumped into the seaside leagues - Chris was magnificent for Queens, a really talented player but when he dropped out of the game he couldn't cope, so sad.  So hope more are like Kane and seek help if they have issues, well done to him!

20/2/21- QOTS
21/2/21
22/2/21 -
23/2/21 - Ayr
24/2/21 -
25/2/21 -
26/2/21 -
27/2/21- vs Morton
28/2/21 -
1/3/21 -
2/3/21 – vs ICT
3/3/21 -
4/3/21 -
5/3/21 -
6/3/21 – vs Hearts
7/3/21 -
8/3/21 -
9/3/21 -
10/3/21 - Dunfermline
11/3/21 -
12/3/21 -
13/3/21 - Arbroath
14/3/21 -
15/3/21 –
16/3/21 -
17/3/21 -
18/3/21 -
19/3/21 - Alloa

Dundee will play 7 8 fixtures without a full week's rest between any of them.

Updated to show the full extent of the madness.

Edited by EpicMike

14 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

23/2/21 - Ayr
24/2/21 -
25/2/21 -
26/2/21 -
27/2/21- vs Morton
28/2/21 -
1/3/21 -
2/3/21 – vs ICT
3/3/21 -
4/3/21 -
5/3/21 -
6/3/21 – vs Hearts
7/3/21 -
8/3/21 -
9/3/21 -
10/3/21 - Dunfermline
11/3/21 -
12/3/21 -
13/3/21 - Arbroath
14/3/21 -
15/3/21 –
16/3/21 -
17/3/21 -
18/3/21 -
19/3/21 - Alloa

Dundee will play 7 fixtures without a full week's rest between any of them.

I have got a weird feeling this could be good for us, a wee bit of squad rotation here and there, but I prefer it like this or at least I would if I were a professional

33 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

23/2/21 - Ayr
24/2/21 -
25/2/21 -
26/2/21 -
27/2/21- vs Morton
28/2/21 -
1/3/21 -
2/3/21 – vs ICT
3/3/21 -
4/3/21 -
5/3/21 -
6/3/21 – vs Hearts
7/3/21 -
8/3/21 -
9/3/21 -
10/3/21 - Dunfermline
11/3/21 -
12/3/21 -
13/3/21 - Arbroath
14/3/21 -
15/3/21 –
16/3/21 -
17/3/21 -
18/3/21 -
19/3/21 - Alloa

Dundee will play 7 fixtures without a full week's rest between any of them.

Bring it on 💪 you’ve not added in today’s game which keeps the sequence going.