All things Dundee FC

In double checking [mention=17349]Fifespud[/mention] claim that Duffy never signed Adamczuk, I came across this article: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12722583.duffy-is-new-manager-in-surprise-dundee-shuffle/
He was forcibly moved upstairs a week after signing Adamczuk. It was just before my time. Obviously, that's during the Ron Dixon era and it's painted that Stainrod will deal with all footballing matters whilst Duffy will act like a head coach rather than manager.
Did the real story ever come out about the shuffle? Was Stainrod doing poorly?
ETA: In another article, Stainrod says he only has 2 regrets in football and the first was ever meeting Ron Dixon and co.
I vaguely remember that happening. It was generally a weird time when Dixon was there. He made some totally leftfield decisions and almost ended up bankrupting the club. I remember Duffy being bearly in tears after the Coca Cola Cup semi win over Airdrie because the money from the final would keep the club going.

42 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I vaguely remember that happening. It was generally a weird time when Dixon was there. He made some totally leftfield decisions and almost ended up bankrupting the club. I remember Duffy being nearly in tears after the Coca Cola Cup semi win over Airdrie because the money from the final would keep the club going.

I also recall being told that Jim Duffy contributed some of his own personal cash to ensure players' wages were met after Ron Dixon had removed all financial support to the club. I think this was during a period when a consortium, including Duffy were attempting to purchase the club.

Like Fifespud I also used to frequent The Fort back in the day and remember one weekend shaking Duff's hand and wishing him well even though he'd just resigned to take the Hibernian job. Needless to say alcohol had been consumed by that point I'm afraid.

Great player and a good guy by all accounts. 

In double checking [mention=17349]Fifespud[/mention] claim that Duffy never signed Adamczuk, I came across this article: https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12722583.duffy-is-new-manager-in-surprise-dundee-shuffle/
He was forcibly moved upstairs a week after signing Adamczuk. It was just before my time. Obviously, that's during the Ron Dixon era and it's painted that Stainrod will deal with all footballing matters whilst Duffy will act like a head coach rather than manager.
Did the real story ever come out about the shuffle? Was Stainrod doing poorly?
ETA: In another article, Stainrod says he only has 2 regrets in football and the first was ever meeting Ron Dixon and co.

Adamczuk and Piotr Czaczowski from Eintracht Frankfurt and Legia Warsaw respectively.

I can remember their debuts. Piotr was a more cultured type, always available to take the ball whereas Darius was more explosive. He only returned because the club we sold him to didn’t pay up iirc. All very strange in the Dixon era.

There was another Pole (at least I think he was) Dragutin Ristic - a pretty exciting and skilful centre forward.

Remember him @this charming man, @day of the lords and @big mouth strikes again?

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Adamczuk and Piotr Czaczowski from Eintracht Frankfurt and Legia Warsaw respectively.

I can remember their debuts. Piotr was a more cultured type, always available to take the ball whereas Darius was more explosive. He only returned because the club we sold him to didn’t pay up iirc. All very strange in the Dixon era.

There was another Pole (at least I think he was) Dragutin Ristic - a pretty exciting and skilful centre forward.

Remember him @this charming man, @day of the lords and @big mouth strikes again?

Remember Dragu, not sure if he was Polish.

23 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Yeah, not sure he was Polish either, Croatian maybe?

Recall him scoring in a derby draw at Tannadice, also a long range lob at Dens in a win against Hearts I think.

Did he not end up at United?

52 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yeah he moved across the road after a year with us.

His lob against Hearts

Did he not also manage the most epic Moussa-esque miss from about 2 yards out where he skied it over the bar?

He missed a penalty shortly before scoring in that 1-1 at Tannadice.

Just watched Sportscene and Pawlett has given his newest entry into the swan dive awards.

Complete minter from the wee fud. It's a pity he wasn't in the squad that got relegated at Dens. He couldve used his years of diving practise to launch himself into the cauldron of Hooleys tears that streamed down onto the pitch; surfing on the waves of taunting and gloating that swirled towards the puses of the fleeing rats. Not that there was many left by then from the small mischief that turned up. The rats truly were the first to flee that particular ship. What's the fucking point indeed, Mixu.

f**k off Pawlett you wee tit. 

As for Martindale, it's good to see him given a second chance. All the best to him. A fit and proper person hearing from the SFA that has the likes of Doncaster at the helm is like Jimmy Calderwood judging the eating habits of the local athletics club. 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Ylf said:

think fans will be allowed back in next season?

Football will be the last thing on the agenda for Sturgeon who looks down her snout on football as a whole.

Happy enough to join in the celebrations when things are going well for the country though for maximum appeal.

Thank you.

Had a bit of spare time today and was looking over old posts from this thread around the time McIntyre was appointed.

Billy Dodds on the 19th October 2018 said on Sportsound:

'John Nelms, after speaking to him yesterday, he's a good lad and what you see is what you get. And that's the way I found him.'

Billy Dodds on 18 April 2020 after the infamous vote:

'I’ve got my own agenda with John Nelms. I wouldn’t like him in the trenches with me. I couldn’t trust the guy.'

Dodds really is the most odious guy going.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Had a bit of spare time today and was looking over old posts from this thread around the time McIntyre was appointed.

'John Nelms, after speaking to him yesterday, he's a good lad and what you see is what you get. And that's the way I found him.'

'I’ve got my own agenda with John Nelms. I wouldn’t like him in the trenches with me. I couldn’t trust the guy.'

'Small Man Syndrome' he's suffered his whole life from it.

The weather looks fine until Saturday. I'm well aware McPake is one knock to the skull away from playing the Harmonica outside the Overgate, but he's still in charge so I'm expecting him to lead us to 9/9 in the week from Saturday. 

QoS (H)

Ayr (H)

Morton (A)

Leading us into Hearts away, where there is nothing to fear.

No excuses, please. 

Thank you.

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yep, and our chairman was only too delighted to welcome him to Dens until it was made obvious to him that such an appointment was completely unacceptable.  Once again just shows you how bad Nelms is at judging people.

Just watched Sportscene and Pawlett has given his newest entry into the swan dive awards.
Complete minter from the wee fud. It's a pity he wasn't in the squad that got relegated at Dens. He couldve used his years of diving practise to launch himself into the cauldron of Hooleys tears that streamed down onto the pitch; surfing on the waves of taunting and gloating that swirled towards the puses of the fleeing rats. Not that there was many left by then from the small mischief that turned up. The rats truly were the first to flee that particular ship. What's the fucking point indeed, Mixu.
f**k off Pawlett you wee tit. 
As for Martindale, it's good to see him given a second chance. All the best to him. A fit and proper person hearing from the SFA that has the likes of Doncaster at the helm is like Jimmy Calderwood judging the eating habits of the local athletics club. 
Thank you.
What was crazy was the pundits saying it wasn't a dive.