All things Dundee FC

55 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Jordan McGhee out for 10-12 weeks according to McPake. f**k. That's practically the whole rest of the season, would likely be back for the playoffs if we make it. Massive blow.

That is a sickener. Let's try this Walcott fella at DM. 

58 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Jordan McGhee out for 10-12 weeks according to McPake. f**k. That's practically the whole rest of the season, would likely be back for the playoffs if we make it. Massive blow.

As someone who’s suffered from a dislocated shoulder (sore as f**k btw) that timescale seems a bit excessive. Hopefully I’m right because he’s a massive miss to the side in midfield. 

9 hours ago, This Charming Man said:

The point I was trying to make earlier regarding our current manager, and I'll relate it to my own personal experience in the electrical industry.

• A unskilled operative of limited experience can have the very best quality tools and equipment available to them, extensive training provided and still consistently produce a dogs dinner.
  • A qualified and skilled operative, although more expensive to employ, will consistently produce a quality product, even if their tools and equipment were procured from a car-boot sale.

James McPake as manager, disappointingly I may say after 20 months in post, would still very much imho remain in the first category above.

Merely my opinion.         

Image result for electric shock gif

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, if it comes to fruition. Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Falkirk fans are without question the worst fan bases on this forum. One loss and they want the manager chased from the country, one victory and they're building statues. 

The last month on the St Mirren topic has been hilariously eye bleeding. 

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Oft.

I was thinking about McIntyre and quite how horrendous he was for us. Not only was he our worst ever manager in terms of win % but he practically gave our best player away when in the middle of a relegation battle and rebuilt the squad with some of the worst players I've ever seen wearing dark blue. Some people say McPake is bad, and while they may have a point regarding performances on the pitch, at least he's built a good enough squad for a new manager coming in to work with. McIntyre left us with a full squad of utter drossm which we are still suffering the effects of.

Edited to add: c**t.

Edited by RossDee01

26 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I was thinking about McIntyre and quite how horrendous he was for us. Not only was he our worst ever manager in terms of win % but he practically gave our best player away when in the middle of a relegation battle and rebuilt the squad with some of the worst players I've ever seen wearing dark blue. Some people say McPake is bad, and while they may have a point regarding performances on the pitch, at least he's built a good enough squad for a new manager coming in to work with. McIntyre left us with a full squad of utter drossm which we are still suffering the effects of.

Edited to add: c**t.

He's a c**t but I think he takes too much of the wrap for Kamara. By all accounts, Kamara was doing all he could do to force his move away (although even playing at half his capacity, he made things look a lot better) and at the point of feigning knocks etc. In that situation with a 4 week window inheriting one of the worst squads in top flight history, I can see how any new manager would have wanted to move on from that. Kearney put him to shame though in how he dealt with a lot of the same issues with St Mirren and stuck to a coherent plan over time whilst McIntyre kept throwing shit at the wall and seeing what stuck.

Neil McCann is the worst manager in my lifetime in terms of the long term damage he caused in my opinion, genuinely think his impact was much worse than McIntyre who didn't really get the chance to sign a squad (McPake only inherited Nelson and Todd from McIntyre IIRC with the board letting him offload Curran and Davies). The whole stuff about an 'eye for a player' was basically a result of a scattergun approach that was geared towards a very high expense outsourced approach to recruitment to that one agency. I mean on Kamara, of course an internationalist playmaker from the Arsenal academy on decent money was going to have some ability. The only picks he really had in his own circle and who didn't appear to be sourced by that group was Lewis Spence, Calvin Miller, Simon Murray and Scott Allan.

Things went bad with Hartley and he lost the plot in the balance of his recruitment as his spell went on but at least there were some of the makings of an actual team he put together and when he did go, McCann could come in and see a team who 5 or 6 games before were getting some decent results and just needed a bit of a refresh and tweak to get moving again. When McCann left us, I genuinely don't know if the squad that was left would have reached mid table in the second tier. The 3-0 defeat against Ayr with Mark Kerr bossing the midfield (Spence was almost in tears) and Jamie Adams with the cigars out really flattered us, should have been 5 or 6.

Early into McCann's spell when we were faltering, Killie looked very similar to us results wise and were playing some decent stuff under McCulloch but not getting results and consistently losing very soft goals. Their board had the balls to see he wasn't up to that level of job and intervene early and get a proper qualified manager. Similarly whilst Motherwell took a gamble on Robinson who had an unsuccessful management spell, he was at least an accomplished first team coach. It's not their fault they are in the situation but we're giving decent full-time budgets and management responsibilities to guys who would struggle for a job in Angus.

13 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

That is a sickener. Let's try this Walcott fella at DM. 

Not that I’m Ashcroft’s biggest fan but I was hoping to see Walcott at right back at some point when Ashcroft and Fontaine are back to see if we can tighten up this defence of ours. 

I’d probably change the formation until McGhee returns to a 4-4-2. Probably suits us best with the players we have.

I’d go with 

Anyone but Hamilton or Ferrie

Walcott Ashcroft Fontaine Marshall 

McMullan Byrne Adam Gowser

Sow and Cummings  

Gowser to push inside a bit to help out Byrne and Charlie and allowing Marshall to bomb on.

Thats 3 points in the bag until the manager makes his 70th minute tactical intervention.

Thank you  

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It's probably been well over a week but I'm still in awe and bemusement how the fucking hell Dundee managed to get somecunt to take Dec McDaid on loan - even moreso when they aren't even playing games. 

Maybe McPake should enquire about Third Lanark wanting to take Forster....

11 minutes ago, harry94 said:
1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:
Also; for saying Jim McIntyre done less damage to the club than Neil McCann consider yourself removed from my Christmas card list, [mention=45995]harry94[/mention].
I hope you enjoy hell! 

Where does not hating Declan McDaid get me?

Tannadice Harry, that'd be Tannadice I'd imagine, lol.

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

Is this a wind up that the dabs played someone against Motherwell during the week with covid?

No, they had a positive test result which was followed by a couple of negative tests. Was a false positive and a bit of confusion surrounding that I believe.