All things Dundee FC

Now, now lads.  Be kind.  Despite desperately needing the money United still managed to see off all the bids for Shankland in the latest transfer window.  Mind you, a year from now he will be free to sign a pre-contract.  Plenty of clubs looking for a player that can knock in 4 goals in a season - provided he’s playing against a bottom half of the Premiership club of course.

Edited by Shadow Play

58 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Now, now lads.  Be kind.  Despite desperately needing the money United still managed to see off all the bids for Shankland in the latest transfer window.  Mind you, a year from now he will be free to sign a pre-contract.  Plenty of clubs looking for a player that can knock in 4 goals in a season - provided he’s playing against a bottom half of the Premiership club of course.

How very dare you Shadow my man, lol.

Shankland's Championship expertise may be required next season again. Unless of course he gets bored and returns to Queens Park to be closer to Ibrox.

Regards 

Just read Craig Wighton is off to Dunfermline in the Summer having penned a pre-contract.

Now, here's where Mr McPake's short/long term thinking is a tad knee-jerk imho.

He always made clear his desire to sign Wighton at some point, therefore where did, for example, Nicky Clark fit into the big equation and budget/number crunching when he's recently on record as saying he's already signed one of next seasons top targets in Jason Cummings.

Merely thinking aloud. 

23 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Just read Craig Wighton is off to Dunfermline in the Summer having penned a pre-contract.

He always made clear his desire to sign Wighton at some point, therefore where did, for example, Nicky Clark fit into the big equation and budget/number crunching when he's recently on record as saying he's already signed one of next seasons top targets in Jason Cummings.

Merely thinking aloud. 

Our supposed interest in Clark was to get the filth biting and for them to be pressured from their own to waste more money on signing him up for another couple of years 👍 heard we are after everyone bar their keeper 😂😂😂

15 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

I hadn't realised that Sofien Moussa has three more top level goals in Scotland than Shankland despite making four less appearances. Ooft. 

The DABs should get him in 

Merely thinking aloud. 

I'm delighted we are not signing him.

He's one who promised so much and delivered so little.

A DAB killer goal is not a reason to sign him.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I'm delighted we are not signing him.

He's one who promised so much and delivered so little.

A DAB killer goal is not a reason to sign him.

1 hour ago, Dusan Vrto said:

He did his job. No matter what he does in his career he’ll always be a hero.

Both of these posts sum up my thoughts on him. Never anywhere close to being a great or particularly dangerous striker, but worked hard and scored the banter Dundee derby goal of all time. Good luck to the lad (but not against us)

The point I was trying to make earlier regarding our current manager, and I'll relate it to my own personal experience in the electrical industry.

• A unskilled operative of limited experience can have the very best quality tools and equipment available to them, extensive training provided and still consistently produce a dogs dinner.
  • A qualified and skilled operative, although more expensive to employ, will consistently produce a quality product, even if their tools and equipment were procured from a car-boot sale.

James McPake as manager, disappointingly I may say after 20 months in post, would still very much imho remain in the first category above.

Merely my opinion.