All things Dundee FC

13 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Imo Kerr is the better at 1 on 1 defending, last ditch challenges, closing players down.

Elliot is the better at winning headers, playing the ball out, going forward.

Both quite meh in their own ways.

That’s how I see it. Kerr’s probably better defensively, Elliot definitely the better going forward. When Kerr 1st broke into the 1st team he was great at going forward. f**k knows what happened to that side of his game and how he managed to develop his turning back on himself all the time. 

3 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

That’s how I see it. Kerr’s probably better defensively, Elliot definitely the better going forward. When Kerr 1st broke into the 1st team he was great at going forward. f**k knows what happened to that side of his game and how he managed to develop his turning back on himself all the time. 

Kerr's final ball is awful, always over hits it. I don't know how a professional footballer can not drop a ball into an area between the 6 yard box and the edge of the box, when I could do it 9 out of 10 times as an amateur.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Kerr's final ball is awful, always over hits it. I don't know how a professional footballer can not drop a ball into an area between the 6 yard box and the edge of the box, when I could do it 9 out of 10 times as an amateur.

Personally I don’t particularly care how good or bad a defenders final ball is , can he defend is he quick, can he jump, an added bonus is a decent cross but priority is defensive duties , if we are playing a balls in the box game that role is up to the wingers surely with a defender only there for support just in case

8 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Personally I don’t particularly care how good or bad a defenders final ball is , can he defend is he quick, can he jump, an added bonus is a decent cross but priority is defensive duties , if we are playing a balls in the box game that role is up to the wingers surely with a defender only there for support just in case

Not if his duty is wing back, then good crossing is a must.

32 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Elliot going forward, and final ball, this season has been honking. Apart from selling the 3rd goal yesterday did you see haw many times he mis-controlled passes. Last week he made Linn look like Ronaldo. Fck knows what Charlie must be thinking when he comes to choosing which pass to make. That said, same with Cammy, I really believe that McPake is far from getting the best out of them, shadows of their former selves.

With McMullen in the team (assume not stupidly subbed off) the wing back role should be less important down the right.   

Hamilton

Kerr Walcott Fontaine Marshall

Robertson Adam Byrne

McMullan Cummings ?

Time to give Kerr another chance at RB, cos Elliot isn't any better.  Need a new left winger in my league winning team.  

Obviously McGhee isn't in due to his injury.  He'd play over Robertson.

Edited by The Derry

3 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Agreed. Kerr used to be able to do it. I’d imagine his confidence has taken a battering in the following years from his break through. Used to like watching him up against Tierney. 2 young attacking fullbacks flying into tackles against one another and both looking to bomb forward. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Again that comes down to formations , fair enough IF he is playing wingback a good ball in is a bonus but I’m not gonna sit and criticise a defender for not putting in killer balls when that’s clearly not his game

12 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Again that comes down to formations , fair enough IF he is playing wingback a good ball in is a bonus but I’m not gonna sit and criticise a defender for not putting in killer balls when that’s clearly not his game

But that is the formation McPake wants to play. If you play 3 in the middle and 4 at the back, going forward, your full backs become wingers and your defensive centre mid sits back. 

So he does need to be able to cross.

Regan Hendry who missed yesterday's game against us would be ideal. Cheeky wee PCA. They'd never let him go until his deal was up, but there's not much better out there and I reckon down the line he'll be worth a penny or two.

Lewis Vaughan is another, if he's finally over his injury hell.

17 minutes ago, Taipei said:

Who was the loanee RB that McIntyre played ahead of Kerr, at least Elliott isn’t as bad as him, can’t remember his name. 

Up there as one of the worst RBs I've ever watched.