All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit of confusion regarding McDaid. He was confirmed as a 2 year deal by us and all the media followed with that.

Tommy Young now saying on Twitter, he's contracted with us until 2022. Dunno if he had an automatic extension or something that just wasn't announced or am I missing something?

It could be that whenever league one resumes though that we agree to sign him on a permanent though? It’s maybe just the uncertainty if when league one is going to start again that’s stopped that going through?

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Lafferty wouldn't have made sense at all considering Cummings signing. Maybe we'd considered him as well but JC was the priority (as it should have been).

Also, regarding McDaid's contract:

Tough luck, @Mr. Alli.

Not the issue it may appear in the short-term, we're obviously short-handed with the ground-staff team.

Keep the young man busy and that playing surface will be pristine for next season.

Alternatively he may decide to get his head down and become a consistent performer as a professional footballer.

Either way, all good.   

19 minutes ago, third lanark said:

It could be that whenever league one resumes though that we agree to sign him on a permanent though? It’s maybe just the uncertainty if when league one is going to start again that’s stopped that going through?

Ian McCall was on Radio Scotland last week saying Partick haven’t had any real issues with covid so far. After today’s signing I’ve got news for you Ian.....

Edited by Yenitit

Thoughts on the line up?

I don’t think the young centre half will start, just a gut feeling, Fontaine hopefully will be fit. McMullen and Cummings both to be on. Basically Cummings for Mullen, Gowser in the middle with McMullen wide.

10 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Thoughts on the line up?

My guess for tomorrow is:

Hamilton

Elliott, Ashcroft, Fontaine, Marshall

Robertson, Byrne, Adam

McMullan, Sow, McGowan

Don't think Cummings will be ready for tomorrow, neither will Malachi, but both will be on the bench so Cumdog will get his debut imo. Would prefer my 4-2-3-1 idea personally but I feel McPake is gonna stick with the 4-3-3 despite McGhee being out.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

16 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Thoughts on the line up?

I don’t think the young centre half will start, just a gut feeling, Fontaine hopefully will be fit. McMullen and Cummings both to be on. Basically Cummings for Mullen, Gowser in the middle with McMullen wide.

Fontaine was in the training photos released today. I reckon it’ll be 

Hamilton 😡

Elliot, Ashcroft, Fontaine, Marshall 

Gowser, Byrne, Adam

McMullen, Sow, Mullen. 

Cummings to be this week’s 70th minute subbie. 

8 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Sow will start, nothing surer, after the shite-baggery v Arbroath he should be lucky to make the bench. IMO.

He’s got 6 goals in his last 5 games tbf, he’s more than earned the right to start. I agree we’ll see Cummings come on at some point though, so the onus is on Sow to perform. Mullen has hardly been putting the pressure on so far. 

Imagine we’ll see McMullan start, though after hearing DABs say he had no end product I fear we’ll see a slightly faster McDaid. Hope to be proved wrong of course!

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Imagine we’ll see McMullan start, though after hearing DABs say he had no end product I fear we’ll see a slightly faster McDaid. Hope to be proved wrong of course!

Actually listening to those bitter p***ks? lol, look at his stats in this league.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

1 hour ago, Girth said:

No Mullen and no Forster please and we’re ready to go. 

McMullen and Cumdog to start I reckon. 

Not think it’s maybe too early for a Cummings? Hopefully no McGowan on the wing, he’s a passenger out there. Front 3 of Mullen, Sow and McMullan I reckon.