All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

You'd have said the same about Hemmings - a player significantly older and dearly missed. 

Signing a 25 year old former Scotland internationalist who brings excitement to the team simply by crossing the touchline should be applauded by the support. Instead, you're droning on and dragging absolutely everything surrounding the club down. 

I wait to see how he works out given his career path.

Everything surrounding the club? Aye ok.

7 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Exciting times for Dundee. I think Dundee's budget for stikers is probably bigger than our first eleven's wages.

JC could be a masterstroke or a very expensive mistake. I think he will do very well for Dundee though unfortunately.

I highly doubt the wage comment. We’ve now got 4 strikers and 1 is on a pay as you play deal. 

8 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Also, we had to 'get creative' again for Cummings.

£50k release clause, IMO.

Good luck with Cummings. If Dundee were a player it would likely be him.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

£50k release clause, IMO.

Good luck with Cummings. If Dundee were a player it would likely be him.

I thought this last night. He's either going to be a phenomenal signing and take us to the brink of Europe (before leaving on a PCA to Hibs) or going to be livin' la vida loca at crack dens on the bottom o' the hill and we'll be dragged into admin 3 when the Americans piss off because Jason keeps turning up with his jaw swinging. 

One thing it won't be - boring. Canna fucking wait. DDYB. 

24 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I thought this last night. He's either going to be a phenomenal signing and take us to the brink of Europe (before leaving on a PCA to Hibs) or going to be livin' la vida loca at crack dens on the bottom o' the hill and we'll be dragged into admin 3 when the Americans piss off because Jason keeps turning up with his jaw swinging. 

One thing it won't be - boring. Canna fucking wait. DDYB. 

He'll take you to the Scottish Cup Final, then miss a tap in because he tries to stop the ball on the line so he can lie down and head it in, and you'll all love him for it.

Guest Wieghortsnut
9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Think people are just excited tbh. Names like Stewart, McDonald and Lafferty flying about, I'd honestly be surprised if anyone else was signed this season. Surely someone would HAVE to leave if there was more incoming.

On the lafferty rumour, I heard Sow has been offered a deal in Sweden and Lafferty is a direct replacement 

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

I counted 5.

Mullen, Afolabi, Sow, Jakubiak and Cummings. Have you not got some bloke called Hamilton too? 

Sow is pay as you play. Obviously he'll get a basic rate, but it won't be much.

Afolabi is a loan. Doubtful he'll be a high earner at Celtic and we gifted them their title last season so ya know, likely a freebie.

Hamilton is meant to be a winger but we're paying for his digs and his Canadian club are taking care of the rest pretty much.

That leaves Mullen, Jakubiak and Cummings. I've no doubt that Jakubiak will be receiving a decent wage. St Mirren balked at paying him what his agent wanted and then he couldn't get a club for a while. He'll be one of our higher earners, for sure, but you'd have to imagine he's on less than what Hemmings was the previous year,

Cummings will be receiving a slice of the pie of our insurance money/Tim Keyes family fortune/Sturgeon's 500k grant.

Mullen won't command too much. He wasn't wanted at St Mirren and has been a Championship jobber all his life.

So yes, Jakubiak, Cummings & Adam will be very high earners for this level. 1 of which is being funded outwith the club.

So now we're quibbling about a club having 2 high earners? That's a stretch.

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

take us to the brink of Europe 

Got to give you credit where it's due here. In stitches.

It's coming together for you guys to challenge for the championship though. I hope you beat hearts to it, and I think this is defintley possible now with the additions.

Derbies next season?

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

1 minute ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Got to give you credit where it's due here. In stitches.

It's coming together for you guys to challenge for the championship though. I hope you beat hearts to it, and I think this is defintley possible now with the additions.

Derbies next season?

You've just said you think it's possible we'll beat Hearts to the title. That would mean no Derbies again.