All things Dundee FC

Jason Cummings the sort of signing you love seeing your club make. Exciting, ambitious and creates a buzz. I think he'll do well too. You'd maybe be slightly wary if he was coming straight into the Premiership but he should find his feet first in the Championship (his record is fantastic) and with that confidence will be well placed to do well up a level if Dundee get promoted.

McPake's starting 11 when injury free come Feb:

Speroni (Just f**k off Jack)

Elliott - Fontaine -- Fagan-Walcott -- Marshall

Adam -- Byrne -- McGhee

McMullan -- Cumdog -- G. Stewart.

Mon Dundee. Do it.

15 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Kill joy here. A few years back Cummings would have be fine but now, a journeyman player that cant get a game most places from what I see.  Big attitude problems by all accounts. Will score a few goals I suppose but a game changer? Not in my book.

At the minimum who knows how to score chances, and with players like Adam and McMullan feeding him he'll get plenty. Could very well find his Hibs form again now he's back at this level too, which would be tremendous. The lad's only 25, remember.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Kill joy here. A few years back Cummings would have be fine but now, a journeyman player that cant get a game most places from what I see.  Big attitude problems by all accounts. Will score a few goals I suppose but a game changer? Not in my book.

In fairness it’s another case of “if that wasn’t the case he wouldn’t be here”. Clearly a far better player than this level on his day (was on loan at Rangers recently and didn’t look too out of place) but has struggled to capitalise on that and has ended up back here.

27 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Like plenty, he just couldn't get the change of playing style in England. An example from the top of my head would be Kris Boyd.

I think that Cummings will be a revelation here.

29 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

Don’t stress mate. It’ll be fine. 

The Breakfast Club Reaction GIF

12 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

This a title push now or just giving ourselves the best chance with the play offs? 

Walcott seems to be held in high regard by the Spurs fans, sounds like a baller and could be a great move by us.

I reckon it’ll be 2nd. Can’t see Hearts dropping points tbh. Never say never tho. 

Irrespective of how disappointing Cumdog turns out to be he is going to be significantly better than Mullen and Afolabi (who granted is young and will no doubt improve) - both of whom look very limited to me. Sow has been hot and cold but that’s better than the arctic blizzard the Mullen is in.
We’ve added pace to our team with all 3 players we’ve signed, something we are sadly lacking.
What a great window and if McDaid and Foster get punted it will be all the sweeter.

Has anyone watched Fagan-Walcott's interview on DeeTV? Holy moly. :lol:

Very laid back demeanour. Gets asked how did the move come about, 'At first, I didn't think about it because I didn't know where that was. Oh yeah, Scotland.' Then he says, 'It's about helping you, help me sort of thing. It's to get game time, but with men. I'll bring everything I know about training with top players here and hopefully learn from the players here.'

Finally, he's asked about Raith and says, 'I Google'd Raith so I know a bit and I Youtube'd their striker so I'm ready.'

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Has anyone watched Fagan-Walcott's interview on DeeTV? Holy moly. :lol:

Very laid back demeanour. Gets asked how did the move come about, 'At first, I didn't think about it because I didn't know where that was. Oh yeah, Scotland.' Then he says, 'It's about helping you, help me sort of thing. It's to get game time, but with men. I'll bring everything I know about training with top players here and hopefully learn from the players here.'

Finally, he's asked about Raith and says, 'I Google'd Raith so I know a bit and I Youtube'd their striker so I'm ready.'

I can only get the 30 seconds interview playing for some reason.