All things Dundee FC

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

See this twit has had his arse handed to him again

Robbie OOOT! - The Terrace - Jambos Kickback

Makes it even worse when we've got a bigger twit, and can't capitalize.

Thank you.

I know, I can't help but think where we would be if we held on to the 3 games this season we have thrown away leads in the last 15 mins.

35 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

If (a fuckin huge 'IF') we can get our own house in order, this season has the potential for 1986 levels of banter.

Imagine the next generation of P&B’ers plaguing Hearts threads with Paul McGowan. That would be better than Albert Kidd imo

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

We’re joint 2nd in the league so we can’t have been as bad as you’ve made out.

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I agree we should finish 2nd, but we’re joint 2nd now.

2 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

I said we’re level on points with second which is fact, so not disingenuous at all.

I agree it was a poor sub and on hindsight I’m sure he thinks that as well. I can see why he made it, the younger lads on the bench might not have had the willingness to get into a battle with Arbroath which is what it was. 

Ive seen the same people say Kerr would be a good holding midfielder slating McPake for trying it. You can’t win. For what it’s worth, and I’ve said it for years, Cammy Kerr should be nowhere near our team. 

Sorry to continue this Ross, but I hadn't a chance to reply properly when you were in the 'thick of it'.

Firstly, that's not what you said. You clearly said we are joint 2nd which is simply not true. Raith are 2 points behind us with 2 games in hand. And obviously, Dunfermline went a point clear of us this afternoon.

Going a little bit further back, but Inverness could be ahead of us as well as they have 3 games in hand.

I'm not saying it'll happen, I just feel that it was disingenous to say that it's not all bad because we're 'joint 2nd' without looking at the full picture. We could just as easily be sitting in 5th if everything was equal.

This 8 game run is a bit of a fallacy that some seem to be clinging onto as well. That 8 game run inclueds a 3 goal 10 minute collapse to Dunfermline at home, going to ET against junior opposition and a draw away to bottom of the table, part time and 1 win in 12 Arbroath. That makes up almost 40% of that run and whilst there are some cracking results in that run (The wins against Hearts and QotS away) over the course of it, it's just not been good enough which is why I disagree with the statement that it's not as bad as being made out.

Sorry to bring this up again when you said you were done, but just felt the need to try and explain my point!

Edited by Ludo*1

I agree it was a poor sub and on hindsight I’m sure he thinks that as well. I can see why he made it, the younger lads on the bench might not have had the willingness to get into a battle with Arbroath which is what it was. 

I’ve never seen Anderson or in particular Robertson shirk from a battle. Young Fin seems to relish it.

Sack him.

24 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Sorry to continue this Ross, but I hadn't a chance to reply properly when you were in the 'thick of it'.

Firstly, that's not what you said. You clearly said we are joint 2nd which is simply not true. Raith are 2 points behind us with 2 games in hand. And obviously, Dunfermline went a point clear of us this afternoon.

Going a little bit further back, but Inverness could be ahead of us as well as they have 3 games in hand.

I'm not saying it'll happen, I just feel that it was disingenous to say that it's not all bad because we're 'joint 2nd' without looking at the full picture. We could just as easily be sitting in 5th if everything was equal.

This 8 game run is a bit of a fallacy that some seem to be clinging onto as well. That 8 game run inclueds a 3 goal 10 minute collapse to Dunfermline at home, going to ET against junior opposition and a draw away to bottom of the table, part time and 1 win in 12 Arbroath. That makes up almost 40% of that run and whilst there are some cracking results in that run (The wins against Hearts and QotS away) over the course of it, it's just not been good enough which is why I disagree with the statement that it's not as bad as being made out.

Sorry to bring this up again when you said you were done, but just felt the need to try and explain my point!

I thought level on points and joint 2nd were the same thing? Anyway, that point is slightly pedantic and we’re 3rd now anyway. 

Think people are slightly missing my point. I’m not saying McPake is the man to take us forward, far from it. All I’m saying is now would be a fairly poor time to sack him. Whether the unbeaten run is a “fallacy” or not, there’s no other team in the league close to being 8 games unbeaten so in that respect you can’t play it down.

The unbeaten run, in my opinion, should allow him the opportunity to take the team forward. If we were to lose our next couple/few games and fall further down the league then obviously it would be something to really look at. However, right now, it won’t be, and really shouldn’t be, an option.

Im happy to agree to disagree, but I find it difficult to sit back and see people get personal. At the end of the day, he’s not trying to be shite so there really isn’t any need to call him a “c**t” etc. That’s totally not directed at you by the way

Edited by RossDee01

49 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I thought level on points and joint 2nd were the same thing? Anyway, that point is slightly pedantic and we’re 3rd now anyway. 

Think people are slightly missing my point. I’m not saying McPake is the man to take us forward, far from it. All I’m saying is now would be a fairly poor time to sack him. Whether the unbeaten run is a “fallacy” or not, there’s no other team in the league close to being 8 games unbeaten so in that respect you can’t play it down.

The unbeaten run, in my opinion, should allow him the opportunity to take the team forward. If we were to lose our next couple/few games and fall further down the league then obviously it would be something to really look at. However, right now, it won’t be, and really shouldn’t be, an option.

Im happy to agree to disagree, but I find it difficult to sit back and see people get personal. At the end of the day, he’s not trying to be shite so there really isn’t any need to call him a “c**t” etc. That’s totally not directed at you by the way

Nobody is calling him a c**t, people are just saying they've had enough, and he's out of his depth.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

See this twit has had his arse handed to him again

Robbie OOOT! - The Terrace - Jambos Kickback

Makes it even worse when we've got a bigger twit, and can't capitalize.

Thank you.

Is that Top Cat and the gang melodically messing with Robbie's tactics and thoughts?

Asking for a friend with poor eyesight, lol.

Regards

Being level on points doesn’t make you joint anything. 

Teams are only jointly in a position if all methods of separating them are equal. 

It’s also only ever claimed by the (fans of the) team sitting in the lower position.