All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

So if we finish 2nd you’ll take it back? Seems incredibly harsh to sack someone when they’re level on points with the position you’d expect to finish in. 

I agree we should finish 2nd, but we’re joint 2nd now. That’s my point, it’s not as bad as is being made out. McPake can’t legislate for Mullens miss, as much as I can see you want to pin the blame on him you can’t for last night I’m afraid. 

I watched the exact same thing happen to liverpool against Burnley the other night. In fact, Origi did almost exactly the same as Mullen and exactly the same time. Liverpool should have been 3 or 4 up at half time and went on to lose. These things happen.

My position won’t change. It didn’t after the 1 really good performance against Hearts. I want him out. 

His signings, his tactics, his responsibility. Would anyone on here sign Mullen after what we’ve saw so far? To be honest I couldn’t believe he was the answer when we tried to sign him last January.  Do you honestly think McPake can turn it around? I don’t and he isn’t learning from his mistakes. 

Tommy Wright or Steven Robinson please. 

Oh and you can’t go discounting teams with games in hand 

Edited by Yenitit

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

That's a bit disingenuous to say we are 2nd. We are 3rd. We might have the same points as 2nd but we have an inferior GD and are clearly 3rd. 2nd also have a game in hand and are playing that now.

There are 2 teams that have 3 games in hand over us (one is currently defeating Hearts) and we could easily be 5th. But as it stands, we are 3rd.

You can blame McPake for putting a RB on at CM when there's 3 other players available that play that position as their natural one. That decision totally upset the balance and we were never in control of the midfield there after.

I said we’re level on points with second which is fact, so not disingenuous at all.

I agree it was a poor sub and on hindsight I’m sure he thinks that as well. I can see why he made it, the younger lads on the bench might not have had the willingness to get into a battle with Arbroath which is what it was. 

Ive seen the same people say Kerr would be a good holding midfielder slating McPake for trying it. You can’t win. For what it’s worth, and I’ve said it for years, Cammy Kerr should be nowhere near our team. 

24 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

........The decision to bring Cammy on last night was the worst subby decision I’ve ever witnessed. He’s obviously thinking, shore it up and hang on to the lead.......

Totally agree.  Cammy has been out for a few games, his confidence hasn’t looked great for a while and McPake thinks it would be a great Idea to play him in midfield, rather than an actual midfielder.  No need to McPake to worry though.  Nelms won’t even have noticed.

7 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

My position won’t change. It didn’t after the 1 really good performance against Hearts. I want him out. 

Okay that’s fine, you can go through my posts from the first 2 months of the season and I also wanted him out. I’m still not sure he’s the right man for the job, in fact nowhere near convinced, however you can’t sack someone who’s unbeaten in 8 games, that’s not right. We’re not in an awful spot in the league and we’ve not lost in 8 games, so sacking him now is totally unreasonable. 
If we comfortably finish second and win the playoffs though I’ll be big enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong for wanting him sacked.

Edited by RossDee01

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Totally agree.  Cammy has been out for a few games, his confidence hasn’t looked great for a while and McPake thinks it would be a great Idea to play him in midfield, rather than an actual midfielder.  No need to McPake to worry though.  Nelms won’t even have noticed.

A truly bizarre change. The obvious change for me was Gowser back into midfield and Afolabi where Gowser was. 
Option 2 would’ve been Anderson on as a direct replacement and option 3 was Robertson on. f**k knows what option number Kerr was as an attacking midfielder  😡

When Mullen goes off he could’ve brought Anderson on or change shape and put Kerr right back and push Elliot into right midfield. 

Kerr’s getting hung out to dry by the manager. Never a left back, never a centrehalf and certainly never a box to box midfielder 🤦🏻‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

His signings, his tactics, his responsibility. Would anyone on here sign Mullen after what we’ve saw so far? To be honest I couldn’t believe he was the answer when we tried to sign him last January.  Do you honestly think McPake can turn it around? I don’t and he isn’t learning from his mistakes. 

Tommy Wright or Steven Robinson please. 

Oh and you can’t go discounting teams with games in hand 

I seem to remember being one of the only people on here who rated Kamara when he first came here, so I’ll hold off on Mullen just now. He looks to be carrying an injury as well.

I’ll discount any team who doesn’t yet have the points on the board thanks.

Edited by RossDee01

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Okay that’s fine, you can go through my posts from the first 2 months of the season and I also wanted him out. I’m still not sure he’s the right man for the job, in fact nowhere near convinced, however you can’t sack someone who’s unbeaten in 8 games, that’s not right. We’re not in an awful spot in the league and we’ve not lost in 8 games, so sacking him now is totally unreasonable. 
If we comfortably finish second and win the playoffs though I’ll be big enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong for wanting him sacked.

If Tommy Wright, or similar, was available and we had the money McPake should be sacked immediately.  Absolutely no place for sentimentality when it comes to professional football.  In fact, if truth be told, there was no real need for Dundee to keep MCPake when he had to quit playing due to injury.  I know that is harsh but business is business.  I already support a number of charities financially!  

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

If Tommy Wright, or similar, was available and we had the money McPake should be sacked immediately.  Absolutely no place for sentimentality when it comes to professional football.  In fact, if truth be told, there was no real need for Dundee to keep MCPake when he had to quit playing due to injury.  I know that is harsh but business is business.  I already support a number of charities financially!  

It’s nothing to do with sentiment. It’s the fact that he’s earned the right to be given longer by having not lost a game in his last 8.

Just now, RossDee01 said:

It’s nothing to do with sentiment. It’s the fact that he’s earned the right to be given longer by having not lost a game in his last 8.

Definitely not in my opinion he hasn’t.  Last season was a disaster and without Adam this season would be even worse.  McPake has been incredibly lucky that Adam wanted to play for us.  In no way whatsoever can McPake take credit for the signing of Adam. 

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I seem to remember being one of the only people on here who rated Kamara when he first came here, so I’ll hold off on Mullen just now. He looks to be carrying an injury as well.

I’ll discount any team who doesn’t yet have the points on the board thanks.

Surely every single one of us saw Kamara was a player after about 20 minutes of his 1st game for us. 

Interesting to read a few posts earlier regarding how many goals would Kane Hemmings have scored this season with the Charlie Adam enhanced service, following on from his isolated role up front of last season.

However, how many also would Danny Johnson have scored, now on 17 and counting this season for Leyton Orient.

Regarding Charlie Adam, credit was given to James McPake following his signing. Nonsense inho, Sir Charles is here because he wants to be here, however not without the help of the considerable financial backing to make it happen. 

Regards 

I said we’re level on points with second which is fact, so not disingenuous at all.
I agree it was a poor sub and on hindsight I’m sure he thinks that as well. I can see why he made it, the younger lads on the bench might not have had the willingness to get into a battle with Arbroath which is what it was. 

Ive seen the same people say Kerr would be a good holding midfielder slating McPake for trying it. You can’t win. For what it’s worth, and I’ve said it for years, Cammy Kerr should be nowhere near our team. 
Read what I said.

I said that Kerr might have been tried as holding midfielder INSTEAD of Byrne NOT playing alongside Byrne.

9 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Ross you have to give up on this 8 game run. It’s been a sequence of 8 games that’s saw the Dunfermline calamity, 3 games against part time teams and nearly the worst result in my lifetime against a glorified Junior team. Infact the draw against that team is quite possibly up there anyway. Also 4 of the games were against the teams I expect to be the bottom 3 teams in the league  

At least if we did get up and the inevitable relegation happens the next season you’d have been right all along 2 months ago and wrong in June 2021!!!

Edited by Yenitit

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Definitely not in my opinion he hasn’t.  Last season was a disaster and without Adam this season would be even worse.  McPake has been incredibly lucky that Adam wanted to play for us.  In no way whatsoever can McPake take credit for the signing of Adam. 

Good signings are lucky, bad signings all McPakes fault😆

On that note I’m out on the matter, I’ve said my piece and that’s that. We all want what’s best for Dundee FC and hopefully we get that, whatever it is.

Thank You.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Good signings are lucky, bad signings all McPakes fault😆

On that note I’m out on the matter, I’ve said my piece and that’s that. We all want what’s best for Dundee FC and hopefully we get that, whatever it is.

Thank You.

Spot on 👍 

I see both sides of the argument.

On one hand we have the glass half full- A good run of 8 games undefeated, scoring freely, not far off the league position we expected to be in, a real improvement made from the beginning of the season.

In the other hand a glass half empty- The undefeated run (apart from a couple of results) has been uninspiring, we should be scoring more, we are struggling to meet our potential league position, the same mistakes being made from the start of the season.

I cannot argue with any points from either pessimists or optimists.

IMO, things are improving despite McPake. Every time he tries to 'shore things up' he makes a total arse of it. Some players should never be seen in a Dundee kit again, Forster especially. McPake is not the one who is going to improve us, his substitute errors alone are costing us dearly this season. But he won't be going anywhere, in todays climate, we can't afford it.

I think we will finish 2nd this season as things are, but not as comfortably as it should be. 

I see both sides of the argument.
On one hand we have the glass half full- A good run of 8 games undefeated, scoring freely, not far off the league position we expected to be in, a real improvement made from the beginning of the season.
In the other hand a glass half empty- The undefeated run (apart from a couple of results) has been uninspiring, we should be scoring more, we are struggling to meet our potential league position, the same mistakes being made from the start of the season.
I cannot argue with any points from either pessimists or optimists.
IMO, things are improving despite McPake. Every time he tries to 'shore things up' he makes a total arse of it. Some players should never be seen in a Dundee kit again, Forster especially. McPake is not the one who is going to improve us, his substitute errors alone are costing us dearly this season. But he won't be going anywhere, in todays climate, we can't afford it.
I think we will finish 2nd this season as things are, but not as comfortably as it should be. 

The reason we are 8 games unbeaten is not due to McPake but in spite of him.

Adam is carrying the team - when he is not firing on all cylinders, or teams just close him down, we look clueless.

Even when we do lead games we are so soft that there is always the fear that we won't hold on - that is mainly due to his tactics and substitutions.

47 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

However, how many also would Danny Johnson have scored, now on 17 and counting this season for Leyton Orient.

Thought he was a great striker, fast, lethal in front of goal, was disappointed when he left. but don't blame him. Yet more f**k-wittery from McPake.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thought he was a great striker, fast, lethal in front of goal, was disappointed when he left. but don't blame him. Yet more f**k-wittery from McPake.

Apparently he had a dickhead attitude. TBF I would have got rid of him too if he was a bad egg.