All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

We’re joint 2nd in the league so we can’t have been as bad as you’ve made out. Sow and Mullen have to score in the first half and we go in at 3-0 and nobody bats an eyelid. The fact that we didn’t go in 3-0 up isn’t on McPake last night, not much he can do about players missing chances like that.

Of course it’s on McPake, those are his signings. We have been piss poor bar maybe 1 performance this season. Other teams have games in hand on us. The budget we have should see us comfortably 2nd. This season so far is never acceptable. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

I can.  

I don't agree it's been shambolic - uninspiring, even poor at times yes, shambolic no.  We're 2nd and we're not either of the OF for which 2nd in the Championship would be considered shambolic.  I think 2nd was a fair target when the season started and we're on course for that.  If that's shambolic what the f**k would you use to describe some of the seasons we had not that many seasons ago back in this division?

Even poor 🙈 This season takes some going to find worse than considering our budget. We’re are losing valuable opportunities under Keyes leadership by keeping McPake in the manager’s position. Having a go at the title should  be our target in this league but was always going to be hard with the resources Hearts can rely on. To never at any point after 10 minutes of the 1st game of the season be in a title race is shambolic. 2nd is our obvious aim but it should be comfortable as Hearts are in 1st.  The manager is having an adverse effect on nearly every game with his substitutions and should never at this point in time be our manager but then that’s on who appointed him. The games I mentioned which was do you disagree on?

As for the old firm, we’re similar in terms that in our league our budget will be far larger than ours and should see us comfortably 2nd. Just like Hearts are strolling this league we should be well clear in 2nd having played more games than others and with the starting 11 we can put on the park. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Is there any decent young central defenders coming through? I will break down and weep if that Forster starts on Tuesday.

Thank you.

Possibly Sam Fisher, but he hasn't even figured on the bench.

11 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

To be fair to McPake I've seen boys on here saying the Cammy would make a decent DM due to his engine and tackling. Now even they haven't a leg to stand on and will have to admit the boys stunk the place out too long and should go on his way to Peterhead or the likes. 

What about as a box to box type midfielder 😂 you couldn’t make up the substitution last night 

With covid going on why do people think we still have the 2nd largest budget, except for Charlie Adam I look around the squad a d see generally cheap players, a squad full of mostly kids, pensioners(in football terms) and and perma crocs with a little sprinkle of bang average league 1/ champ players

if mcpake was given a better budget than the rest of the league I surely hope head spend better than this

59 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Yup correct i meant Anderson. Looks steady enough player. Just look at the team we have and that starting lineup against Arbroath was probably our strongest. Soon as injuries start to happen we crumble mega. Its shite.

However this isn't something we don't expect. That defending leading up to the goal for Arbroath was awful. Complete shambles. But I'm not surprised. 

Fountaine has a huge influence on us defensively and steady’s the ship. As soon as Forster came on we were back to enduring mistimed headers, sliced clearance, misplaced passes and defenders getting dragged all over the place. 

We’re going to struggle without Fountaine in the side. 

20 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

With covid going on why do people think we still have the 2nd largest budget, except for Charlie Adam I look around the squad a d see generally cheap players, a squad full of mostly kids, pensioners(in football terms) and and perma crocs with a little sprinkle of bang average league 1/ champ players

if mcpake was given a better budget than the rest of the league I surely hope head spend better than this

Look at the goalkeeper, defence and midfield alone. Bar Marshall and Ashcroft  they’re all players who have either played for us in the Premier league or signed from clubs in the Premier league. They will be getting Premier league type wages hence the losses Tim Keyes founds every season. There’s players in there that we’ve even paid money for. St Mirren said at the time they couldn’t offer Jakubiak what we had and Ashcroft reportedly knocked back St Johnstone for us. Then there’s players signing new deals for us recently with opportunities to sign for top flight teams. They aren’t here because they are desperate to be, they’re here for the dough end of. Which again Tim Keyes has to be thanked for. Outside of Hearts no one else is running about with those type squads. Raith, Dunfermline, Ayr, Inverness players won’t be on anything like ours. Queen of the South went into the season with hardly even a player signed, then you’ve got part time players on probably £200/300 per week.  I’d imagine there’s a huge gulf between us and Hearts and then a huge gulf between us and the rest. 

Dundee FC, the perennial under achievers. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
4 hours ago, hk blues said:
I can.  
I don't agree it's been shambolic - uninspiring, even poor at times yes, shambolic no.  We're 2nd and we're not either of the OF for which 2nd in the Championship would be considered shambolic.  I think 2nd was a fair target when the season started and we're on course for that.  If that's shambolic what the f**k would you use to describe some of the seasons we had not that many seasons ago back in this division?

*3rd

Just wait till you lose 6-0 today m9

Our starting line up is up there in this division. 

However, a few injuries and our bench is weak as f**k.

Kerr and Forster are not up to it.

Mullen looks awkward as hell and a mess.

Get a CB in to cover for Fontaine and a midfielder/utility player in that isn’t Cammy Kerr. Also, give Afolabi a start instead of Mullen now. Nicolas Hamilton must be awful. 

Osman Sow seems have gone back to useless again which is a bit worrying. 

On the plus side, this league is awful and no matter how bad we are we should still finish top three. 

We won’t catch Hearts as we keeping slipping up too. Playoffs it is. Anything less than top three is a sackable offence though. 

11 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Look at the goalkeeper, defence and midfield alone. Bar Marshall and Ashcroft  they’re all players who have either played for us in the Premier league or signed from clubs in the Premier league. They will be getting Premier league type wages hence the losses Tim Keyes founds every season. There’s players in there that we’ve even paid money for. St Mirren said at the time they couldn’t offer Jakubiak what we had and Ashcroft reportedly knocked back St Johnstone for us. Then there’s players signing new deals for us recently with opportunities to sign for top flight teams. They aren’t here because they are desperate to be, they’re here for the dough end of. Which again Tim Keyes has to be thanked for. Outside of Hearts no one else is running about with those type squads. Raith, Dunfermline, Ayr, Inverness players won’t be on anything like ours. Queen of the South went into the season with hardly even a player signed, then you’ve got part time players on probably £200/300 per week.  I’d imagine there’s a huge gulf between us and Hearts and then a huge gulf between us and the rest. 

Dundee FC, the perennial under achievers. 

We paid for Hamilton pre covid so that’s null really and I doubt he’s on a huge wave considering he was hearts 2nd keeper, Ferrie came through the youth another cheap wage , legzdins hasn’t played since 2017 again doubt his wage is huge

marshall came from QoS and who were almost relegated again cheap Byrne fair enough but livi wages and ours will be the same 

ashcroft is surely can’t be on a huge wage whether st Johnstone put in an offer or not 

surely we can offer better wages than st mirren regardless of divisions

The rest are all youth or injury table dross

29 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

We paid for Hamilton pre covid so that’s null really and I doubt he’s on a huge wave considering he was hearts 2nd keeper, Ferrie came through the youth another cheap wage , legzdins hasn’t played since 2017 again doubt his wage is huge

marshall came from QoS and who were almost relegated again cheap Byrne fair enough but livi wages and ours will be the same 

ashcroft is surely can’t be on a huge wage whether st Johnstone put in an offer or not 

surely we can offer better wages than st mirren regardless of divisions

The rest are all youth or injury table dross

You don’t pay 100k for a keeper and not give him a wage that reflects paying fir him. I already mentioned Marshall as one who was cheaper, he will be on what the rest are after signing a new deal having knocked back premier league teams. Ashcroft - he’ll be on at least what St Johnstone are paying. No team outside of ourselves and Hearts in our league will be paying what St Johnstone are. Why would we be able to offer more wages than St Mirren when they have around £1m in broadcasting money that we don’t?  You’ve also answered your own question if you think we should be paying more than St Mirren. 

Regards Hamilton I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit surprised if he’s on more wages than every other player in the league outside of ourselves and Hearts . As I’ve already said if you pay a fee for anyone up here you have to back it up with the appropriate wages. You can’t just write his fee off because it’s pre covid. 

Edited by Yenitit

Apparently Inverness are looking at McDaid. Doubt we will be too hard to deal with considering McPake didn't even have him on the bench last night.

I’ll get my car keys to hand for running the boy up.

The decision to bring Cammy on last night was the worst subby decision I’ve ever witnessed. He’s obviously thinking, shore it up and hang on to the lead.

Then when Forster was coming on you knew we were fucked. That clearance that led to the corner. Jeeso.
I’d have Anderson starting ahead of Gowser - the lads not put a foot wrong.

Mcpake is a cunt.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Of course it’s on McPake, those are his signings. We have been piss poor bar maybe 1 performance this season. Other teams have games in hand on us. The budget we have should see us comfortably 2nd. This season so far is never acceptable. 

So if we finish 2nd you’ll take it back? Seems incredibly harsh to sack someone when they’re level on points with the position you’d expect to finish in. 

I agree we should finish 2nd, but we’re joint 2nd now. That’s my point, it’s not as bad as is being made out. McPake can’t legislate for Mullens miss, as much as I can see you want to pin the blame on him you can’t for last night I’m afraid. 

I watched the exact same thing happen to liverpool against Burnley the other night. In fact, Origi did almost exactly the same as Mullen and exactly the same time. Liverpool should have been 3 or 4 up at half time and went on to lose. These things happen.

3 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Afolabi id have started over Mullen. Everyone knows my stance on him. He is a liability. Against Rose and Arbroath especially was embarrassing to watch him.

Id have Cameron ahead of McGowan. Again think McGowan we carry constantly even though he seems to be one of our better players this season ( for me shows how God awful we have been ).

Ashcroft is brutal. However at least we were already warned about him.

Sad thing is you look at the bench last night and it wasn't the greatest. 

Afolabi didn’t do much last night so that wouldn’t have made much of a difference I don’t think. Your point on McGowan doesn’t make much sense, you say we carry him then go on to say he’s one of our best players?

8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Afolabi didn’t do much last night so that wouldn’t have made much of a difference I don’t think. Your point on McGowan doesn’t make much sense, you say we carry him then go on to say he’s one of our best players?

You don't believe he wouldn't have buried that chance give that Mullen again missed? 

McGowan in my opinion is poor however because our strikers are shite he has popped up and scored a few this season. Have did this before but if you asked me what players I'd keep and could bin. Would be less than 5 players. Really a poor team/ squad 

14 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

So if we finish 2nd you’ll take it back? Seems incredibly harsh to sack someone when they’re level on points with the position you’d expect to finish in. 

I agree we should finish 2nd, but we’re joint 2nd now. That’s my point, it’s not as bad as is being made out. McPake can’t legislate for Mullens miss, as much as I can see you want to pin the blame on him you can’t for last night I’m afraid. 

I watched the exact same thing happen to liverpool against Burnley the other night. In fact, Origi did almost exactly the same as Mullen and exactly the same time. Liverpool should have been 3 or 4 up at half time and went on to lose. These things happen.

That's a bit disingenuous to say we are 2nd. We are 3rd. We might have the same points as 2nd but we have an inferior GD and are clearly 3rd. 2nd also have a game in hand and are playing that now.

There are 2 teams that have 3 games in hand over us (one is currently defeating Hearts) and we could easily be 5th. But as it stands, we are 3rd.

You can blame McPake for putting a RB on at CM when there's 3 other players available that play that position as their natural one. That decision totally upset the balance and we were never in control of the midfield there after.

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

You don't believe he wouldn't have buried that chance give that Mullen again missed? 

McGowan in my opinion is poor however because our strikers are shite he has popped up and scored a few this season. Have did this before but if you asked me what players I'd keep and could bin. Would be less than 5 players. Really a poor team/ squad 

I would have scored that chance but you can’t say that as what’s the chances Afolabi gets himself in that exact position? I don’t disagree but given how bad we’ve been then and how poor a squad we have we’re still joint second so something must be doing alright. Does that mean you think the manager is doing an okay job? If everything was shit we’d be near the bottom surely?