All things Dundee FC

20 minutes ago, The Derry said:

I will fight anyone who says Sow, Mullen or Afolabi are better than Sofien Moussa.  

3 of the worst strikers I have ever seen.

If we had Hemmings alone instead of these 3 I'd  be a whole lot happier 

In isolation, tonight could be deemed an overreaction. We are now 8 unbeaten.

It's just when we are not at it, we are so far off the pace and rely purely on Adam to dig us out of a hole.

This 8 game run includes some very good wins but horror shows of a 3 goal collapse against Dunfermline, taking Bonnyrigg Rose to ET and drawing away to Arbroath. 

Mistakes like putting a RB on at CM when there is currently a CM playing RW and multiple central midfielders on the bench are just unforgivable.

I honestly can't remember McPake making a sub that hasn't had a negative impact on our playing performance.

A win against Ayr and I'll feel a bit better, but if we are without McGhee or Fontaine, can anyone see that happening with Forster at the back and who the f**k knows at CM?

Edited by Ludo*1

9 minutes ago, DieDee said:

If we had Hemmings alone instead of these 3 I'd  be a whole lot happier 

Hemmings on the end of some of Adam's crosses would see him easily be 20+. All the more frustrating he fucked off again.

8 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hemmings on the end of some of Adam's crosses would see him easily be 20+. All the more frustrating he fucked off again.

Would we be able to afford both at the same time is the question imo.

Genuinely would take back free agent Moussa back over Sow, at least he would fucking fight for the ball. Considering how many we've scored recently until tonight, the fact is that if we had a real striker we'd be knocking them in for fun.

Yet another extremely frustrating night. Hopefully McGhee's arm isn't too bad and Fontaine isn't out for long, and hopefully not at all. I can't handle Forster starting games, I'll eventually have a mental breakdown.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

10 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Was just thinking exactly this. I’m not McPake’s biggest fan but can’t help but feel there’s a bit of an overreaction here. We were pish tonight, I  accept that, McPake accepts that. We have to make 3 forced changes through unjustly - losing McGhee and Ashcroft were huge blows. If we take the 2 chances we had in the first half we go in 3-0 up at half time having barely broken a sweat.

Second half was poor, but we’re still unbeaten in our last 8 games having scored 3 goals in each of our last 5 before tonight.

Think everyone need to chill out a bit and accept the fact that we’ve had a poor night. Let’s see how Tuesday goes.

Sorry Ross but that’s everything that’s wrong with our club. That tonight should never be acceptable. The last 2 results have been embarrassing. Let’s not sugarcoat this. 11 of the last 16 games have been shite maybe even 12 of them considering we only put 3 past 9 man Cove at home. 

Hearts away,

Morton at Dens,

Raith at Dens,

Alloa away,

Hibs away,

Ayr away,

Hibs away,

Arbroath at Dens,

Dunfermline at Dens,

Bonnyrig at Dens 

and now Arbroath away.

We have been shambolic this season and no one can honestly disagree with that.   

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Would we be able to afford both at the same time is the question imo.

Genuinely would take back free agent Moussa back over Sow, at least he would fucking fight for the ball. Considering how many we've scored recently until tonight, the fact is that if we had a real striker we'd be knocking them in for fun.

Just another frustrating night. Hopefully McGhee's arm isn't too bad and Fontaine isn't out for long, and hopefully not at all. I can't handle Forster starting games, I'll eventually have a mental breakdown.

Sow should’ve bundled everything in the goal in the last minute. Gobsmacked at that one. 

Just now, Yenitit said:

Sow should’ve bundled everything in the goal in the last minute. Gobsmacked at that one. 

Exactly. Moussa would've smashed O'Brien's skull with his forehead, but at least he would have tried.

1 win, 3 draws and 2 losses away from home in the league. Absolutely shocking stuff.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just don't think he wanted to be here tbh, wonder how much it would have taken for him to stay.

Just not a pay cut, most of them could hardly justify staying on same wage, that was not the case with Hemmings.

So one away league win from six. If we make the play offs that will represent our chances

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

McPake, Kerr and Forster cost us the win tonight.

Demorilising as it's the same people who have cost us so much in the past.

Thank you.

No, not just these 3.  McPake clearly most to blame but half the team looked like all they needed to do was turn up. An off day from Sir Charlie and shambles ensues. Even when he did produce quality we had Sow showing everything that was wrong with us tonight

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Get McPake so far tae f**k out of our club. Shambles of a manager. The substitution of Cammy Kerr totally changed the flow of the game. That was way down the list on what should’ve been the sub at that time. Virtually week in, week out the same shite by McPake. 

Fuckin Forster 😡 Ashcroft as well.

Sow, Mullen and Afolabi brutal as well and now we’re back to having Hamilton, Kerr and Forster on the park ffs.  Seek of it to be honest  

Can’t disagree with you. Particularly Cammy into midfield. WTF? Max Anderson or young Fin surely. 

4 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Can’t disagree with you. Particularly Cammy into midfield. WTF? Max Anderson or young Fin surely. 

Anderson for McGhee I thought was the closest thing we have to a direct swap, but no, play the Right Back as the box-to-box midfielder. I don't even know.

I watched the Morton v Dunfermline game last week and was amazed that the guys on show got paid for it.

It was terrible, one of the worst quality games I have ever watched at a pro level, but wait, these teams are above and below us in this league and we have Charlie Adams playing for us, the best player in the league by fucking miles including anybody Hearts might sign in the window. Plus we will have a bigger budget than either of them. They have excuses, we don't.

If we had the rest of the team half organised round Charlie so that they all knew their jobs and we didn't ask them to do things they are not capable of we would have a chance of being comfortably second, as it is we had Kerr in midfield tonight (FFS). Not his fault when he bleeds blue and being asked to take on a job he can't do.

We need a solid, everybody knows their jobs, manager and not somebody permanently trying to be clever and showing how the Pro's do things because they know better, we are not stupid when it comes to watching, we might be when it comes to forking out, but when we see the same things go wrong without the man in charge learning anything new we've a right to call for a change.

I would have loved McPake to have been a success but his signings seem generally poor, take Charlie Adams out of that team and that could have been a relegation battle tonight, he needs to be gone for us to have a chance at going up.

Edited by eindhovendee
spacing