All things Dundee FC

Tom Field finally nets a new club and has signed for Cavalry FC in Canada linking up with former Dee Marcus Haber... for a matter of days, as he signed for a top flight team in Cambodia that according to Wiki are on the up having won the Cambodian equivalent of the Scottish Cup in 2020 and are increasing their stadium capacity from 7,000 as they can't fit everyone in!

Looks a nice wee stadium:

36 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wonder if we can sell them on Jordon Forster... bet he would somehow do well there.

Have we been linked with anyone? McPake saying today that everything is 'very quiet'.

Other forum has us linked with Kane Hester. I read Sean Mackie on here, where did that come from?

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Have we been linked with anyone? McPake saying today that everything is 'very quiet'.

Other forum has us linked with Kane Hester. I read Sean Mackie on here, where did that come from?

Haven't heard McPake's interview yet. I saw several Hibs-centric accounts saying Mackie was possibly going out either on loan again or permanently. One freelance journalist with a respectable background stated we were one of the interested teams along with County and Dunfermline I believe.

As for Hester, the Northern Scot wrote an article about an interview with the Elgin manager I believe, who said several higher teams in Scotland and England were interested in him. No teams were mentioned, and there's  been several nods by forum posters over the last month or so mentioning interest in Hester. Someone recently claimed we'd offered him to train with us with Elgin's season suspended. No real solid proof we're involved, and he would probably command a fee, but rumours are fun.

Tbh I'll be surprised if we bring in anyone this window, but I always enjoy speculation. Unless it's about Sean Mackie I suppose.

Didn't Mackie have a game for Hibs this season where he kept Frimpong absolutely silent this season? Idk, looking for a positive to potentially signing a 2nd-string left back when we don't  need one for the 2nd January running.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

I’m firmly in the ‘in the fuckin sea’ camp regards Mackie. Don’t think we need to strengthen the fullback area in January tbh, much rather another striker or attacking left midfielder  

Also the guy Hester I could definitely understand if he was 19-21 years age bracket but not at 25. Greg Stewart was late on the scene but I don’t think he was in league 2 at 25 right enough. 

Edited by Yenitit

Get McPake so far tae f**k out of our club. Shambles of a manager. The substitution of Cammy Kerr totally changed the flow of the game. That was way down the list on what should’ve been the sub at that time. Virtually week in, week out the same shite by McPake. 

Fuckin Forster 😡 Ashcroft as well.

Sow, Mullen and Afolabi brutal as well and now we’re back to having Hamilton, Kerr and Forster on the park ffs.  Seek of it to be honest  

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We really are a fickle bunch.

Was just thinking exactly this. I’m not McPake’s biggest fan but can’t help but feel there’s a bit of an overreaction here. We were pish tonight, I  accept that, McPake accepts that. We have to make 3 forced changes through unjustly - losing McGhee and Ashcroft were huge blows. If we take the 2 chances we had in the first half we go in 3-0 up at half time having barely broken a sweat.

Second half was poor, but we’re still unbeaten in our last 8 games having scored 3 goals in each of our last 5 before tonight.

Think everyone need to chill out a bit and accept the fact that we’ve had a poor night. Let’s see how Tuesday goes.