All things Dundee FC

43 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Wonder if they'll try and bring Greg home before newco try and punt him to Aberdeen in exchange for Scott Wright. (BTW, as he was leaving Dens, who would have imagined using Greg as a makeweight in a deal for Scott Wright????)

As good as having him back would be, we still need to address the goalkeeping nonsense. It's fucking January and we're still lumbered with a bombscare and a crock. 

58 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Wonder if they'll try and bring Greg home before newco try and punt him to Aberdeen in exchange for Scott Wright. (BTW, as he was leaving Dens, who would have imagined using Greg as a makeweight in a deal for Scott Wright????)

I don't get that deal at all. As much as Wright was decent for us, that's all he was. He wasn't a game changer like Greg Stewart is. If he goes to Rangers, he's gonna end up the same way as the other wingers that Rangers have plucked from Scottish teams. The likes of Hastie, Jones and Stewart have no doubt inflated their wage packet but they've not been near the first team. 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I don't get that deal at all. As much as Wright was decent for us, that's all he was. He wasn't a game changer like Greg Stewart is. If he goes to Rangers, he's gonna end up the same way as the other wingers that Rangers have plucked from Scottish teams. The likes of Hastie, Jones and Stewart have no doubt inflated their wage packet but they've not been near the first team. 

I kind of get why Stewart didn’t make it down south as for a winger he’s a bit slow. The way Rangers play just now though he’s absolutely perfect for them. I rate the likes of Joe Aribo but Greg Stewart is on a different level to him. 

Also just noticed Kane Hemmings’ team Burton are rooted to the bottom of league 1. He’ll be in League 2 next season. Twice now his move away from us hasn’t worked out well for him. He could have had a really good career in Scotland but for some reason he is determined to play in England.

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I kind of get why Stewart didn’t make it down south as for a winger he’s a bit slow. The way Rangers play just now though he’s absolutely perfect for them. I rate the likes of Joe Aribo but Greg Stewart is on a different level to him. 

Yeah, totally get why he didn't make it down South but he's infinitely better than Scott Wright.  Just bizarre all round! Agree that he'd be perfect for them.

3 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Also just noticed Kane Hemmings’ team Burton are rooted to the bottom of league 1. He’ll be in League 2 next season. Twice now his move away from us hasn’t worked out well for him. He could have had a really good career in Scotland but for some reason he is determined to play in England.

15 games and 8 goals for him as well which is a decent return. They've just appointed Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank as manager so might see him flourish. They've just signed that Sean Clare that was playing for Hearts as well in the past few days.

Reading their forum, they think that Lucas Akins the useless haddy that played for Hamilton is 'one of the greatest players to ever pull on our shirt' but can't see much comment on Hemmings even though he's scored 3 in his last 4 games.

35 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Spikethedee said:

I think he'd be a great signing for anyone outside the top 4 teams in the Prem. Not a chance he'll be coming here. I think he's happy to sit on his arse and getting paid wages from his favourite team, though I'd hope to see his return to form if he does go.

52 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Totally agree, Wright was fairly average when he was here. I totally expected Greg to flourish at Ibrox, having a lot more time on the ball, more opportunities to take on opposing defences etc. It just never seemed to work out. Probably fair to see that he hasn't really had much success apart from his last season at Cowdenbeath and his time at Dens? Loan spells at Aberdeen and Killie were meh at best, from what I recall. He should come home, where everyone loves him (until his first misplaced pass, obviously...)

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

As good as having him back would be, we still need to address the goalkeeping nonsense. It's fucking January and we're still lumbered with a bombscare and a crock. 

With the form Hamilton's in, I'd be surprised if this happened this season.

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

Totally agree, Wright was fairly average when he was here. I totally expected Greg to flourish at Ibrox, having a lot more time on the ball, more opportunities to take on opposing defences etc. It just never seemed to work out. Probably fair to see that he hasn't really had much success apart from his last season at Cowdenbeath and his time at Dens? Loan spells at Aberdeen and Killie were meh at best, from what I recall. He should come home, where everyone loves him (until his first misplaced pass, obviously...)

Think he was smashing it whilst at Killie but the fans relationship with him soured as he pretty much said he wanted to end his loan spell to go to Aberdeen IIRC.

Hamilton’s gone from flogging a goal a game to every other game now. Can’t get shot of him quick enough. We’re back at the stage of falling into the trap of keeping him in the team until he’s costs us big time in an important game. 

He’s had his opportunities and hasn’t taken them. Get rid asap. 

Edited by Yenitit

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Hamilton’s gone from flogging a goal a game to every other game now. Can’t get shot of him quick enough. We’re back at the stage of falling into the trap of keeping him in the team until he’s costs us big time in an important game. 

He’s had his opportunities and hasn’t taken them. Get rid asap. 

Yeah, he's played half decent last few games, but too little too late. IMO. Will never have confidence in him.

20 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Good result for us with the Morten clinging on for a point tonight. Watched 20mins of it, absolute dog-shite.

Am I being a bit pessimistic regards COVID and the season continuing that I’ve checked what our points per game ratio would be if we won tomorrow compared to others and where that would leave us 🙈big game tomorrow...

29 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Am I being a bit pessimistic regards COVID and the season continuing that I’ve checked what our points per game ratio would be if we won tomorrow compared to others and where that would leave us 🙈big game tomorrow...

Charlie stays fit, then anything can happen.

Scottish FA Chief Executive Ian Maxwell has written to all 10 Championship clubs asking if they want to continue playing or suspend their league.

Potentially lucky old Robbie Neilson yet again, prior to his teams' annual weak minded meltdown. I truly wonder where their Heart of Midlothian opinion lies on this subject?

Play all your games gents, as agreed.

Thank you