All things Dundee FC

I see that Dundee (via the 1893 Foundation) are selling virtual tickets for the Scottish Cup game.

To be honest it’s a great way of increasing revenue. I know that Dynamo Dresden did this recently (different situation but similar idea) and sold 70,000+ tickets. Although that is on a completely different scale, it is the case that clubs need to be creative in order to maintain some kind of income.

This league is repugnant. No two ways about it but I've spent the past day going through the Premiership teams topics to see who is on their way out and in and fucking jesus, St Mirren popping boners over Eamonn Brophy signing (on £3k a week apparently) and now Obika - who 6 months ago was the best thing since sliced breid - won't be a big loss, to Livi signing Gavin Reilly. Gavin fucking Reilly. 

It's absolutely mad. Mad and covered in shite. 

Rangers loaning out Edmundson the brute. Would take him in a heartbeat but no doubt they'd want him playing at a higher level. 

Edited by Mr. Alli

10 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Rangers loaning out Edmundson the brute. Would take him in a heartbeat but no doubt they'd want him playing at a higher level. 

I'd have him too if he could follow the rules and stop texting his wee mate Jordan all the time, but I'm sure he'll head to the English League One or something.

On 05/01/2021 at 02:53, Frank conner said:

With Scotland back in lockdown all those thieving Dundonion  c***s can now sell all that bog roll they stole from the first one. Not to mention fat Charlie's wages will put you into admin 3.

On 05/01/2021 at 04:12, Frank conner said:

You haven't won a major trophy since colour TV.

On 05/01/2021 at 04:14, Frank conner said:

johnnydun the closet ***! Just like most Dundee fans.

tenor (81).gif

This league is repugnant. No two ways about it but I've spent the past day going through the Premiership teams topics to see who is on their way out and in and fucking jesus, St Mirren popping boners over Eamonn Brophy signing (on £3k a week apparently) and now Obika - who 6 months ago was the best thing since sliced breid - won't be a big loss, to Livi signing Gavin Reilly. Gavin fucking Reilly. 
It's absolutely mad. Mad and covered in shite. 
Is Gavin Reilly the ex-Par who was ALLEGEDLY having a pal/relative post on here to big him up as a player?

Perfectly capable and effective player at Championship level, but I'm not sure where he fits in the current side without totally disrupting the shape and balance, something that's taken over 12 months to finally get right. And also, we're surely aiming to be promoted via the playoffs this season, so why sign a player than can't get a Premier League game in an ok but nothing special Utd side?

4 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Perfectly capable and effective player at Championship level, but I'm not sure where he fits in the current side without totally disrupting the shape and balance, something that's taken over 12 months to finally get right. And also, we're surely aiming to be promoted via the playoffs  by absolutely murdering everyone else in this tinpot league like we did to Hearts on Saturday this season, so why sign a player than can't get a Premier League game in an ok but nothing special Utd side?

FTFY

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Perfectly capable and effective player at Championship level, but I'm not sure where he fits in the current side without totally disrupting the shape and balance, something that's taken over 12 months to finally get right. And also, we're surely aiming to be promoted via the playoffs this season, so why sign a player than can't get a Premier League game in an ok but nothing special Utd side?

Heart's are serial bottlers mate. We're steamrolling our way to the title.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

We need width. He's not great, but being a headless chicken and just having the ability to go by a man is the type of player that can run riot in this league and be a useful addition to the squad for a lower level top flight squad.

Just look at McDaid - there's been times when he's been at it that he's destroyed the opposition. McMullan running about daft after Charlie Adam through balls could be exciting stuff.

He's better than McDaid and will have his uses. Again, he's not brilliant, but can do the damage in this league at the very least.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

I’d imagine he’ll play where Gowser is at the moment. Does Gowser move to the left and replace Mullen?

Personally I think he can more than do a job at this level and the league above. His pace makes him a constant threat and stretches the game for others to play in. He goes past players which is something we don’t have. The down side is he’s played for they c***s 😡 the filth look to be set up in a seriously defensive formation and a guy who’s game is about his attacking attributes haven’t really got a place for him. 

29 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We need width. He's not great, but being a headless chicken and just having the ability to go by a man is the type of player that can run riot in this league and be a useful addition to the squad for a lower level top flight squad.

Just look at McDaid - there's been times when he's been at it that he's destroyed the opposition. McMullan running about daft after Charlie Adam through balls could be exciting stuff.

He's better than McDaid and will have his uses. Again, he's not brilliant, but can do the damage in this league at the very least.

Almost like a CV for Sow.  I always think that if your defenders are dodgy, one way to relieve pressure is to have people up front that can give the other team something to think about defensively.  They cant press us like they did before.  Sow does that at this level, if McMullan does similar then it works for us short term.

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

I’d imagine he’ll play where Gowser is at the moment. Does Gowser move to the left and replace Mullen?

Personally I think he can more than do a job at this level and the league above. His pace makes him a constant threat and stretches the game for others to play in. He goes past players which is something we don’t have. The down side is he’s played for they c***s 😡 the filth look to be set up in a seriously defensive formation and a guy who’s game is about his attacking attributes haven’t really got a place for him. 

I think the only way you could really accommodate him in the side as is, would be to drop one of the strikers and give him a free role playing off the one remaining forward. I think in theory you could play him at the front of the midfield in Gowser's position, but I'd be a wee bit concerned that would leave us a bit light. Gowser's instinct is to get stuck in and help out, whereas I'd worry that even with two players ahead of him, McMullan would naturally want to stay up the pitch all the time and not necessarily give the help the midfield needs.

Again, I don't think he's a bad player or anything, I'm just not sure about how he fits into our team. It's a bit like the times so far this season when we've only had one fit forward and McDaid has ended up playing off Sow. It's a bit of a square peg, because you're asking a player who naturally wants to sit high up the pitch, stay wide and take people on, to almost play as a second central forward and also cover the midfield.

I'm just not convinced of the need to go after him on a PCA. It strikes me as the sort of signing that is more a 'handy player to have', rather than a guy that's going to make a significant difference or sort an obvious weakness in the side. If, come May, we're spending another season in the Championship, then aye, he's the sort of player you could imagine will cause Championship defenders nightmares so if he's available offer him a deal, but I don't think he'd be remotely as effective if we did get promoted, so I'd be more comfortable with signing him if we actually knew for a fact we're going to get some use out of him.