All things Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do we always enter in the 2nd round when we are in the Championship? I thought we normally entered later? Can't remember a draw with such a host of highland league teams that impacted us.

Usually we enter the fourth round as one of the top 4 Championship teams last season along with all the Premiership teams. Tournament rejigging due to new teams and COVID have made all 10 Championship teams enter in the 2nd round along with League One. 1 round missing this year in the proper tournament compared to seasons past.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Usually we enter the fourth round as one of the top 4 Championship teams last season along with all the Premiership teams. Tournament rejigging due to new teams and COVID have made all 10 Championship teams enter in the 2nd round along with League One. 1 round missing this year in the proper tournament compared to seasons past.

I prefer this set-up. In a normal world, great chance for a cracking day out.

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I prefer this set-up. In a normal world, great chance for a cracking day out.

But also set up perfectly for the humiliation of going out in the second round by drawing Inverness or Dunfermline away.

(The fact we might also go out at home to Bonnyrigg or Bo’ness notwithstanding) 

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

But also set up perfectly for the humiliation of going out in the second round by drawing Inverness or Dunfermline away.

(The fact we might also go out at home to Bonnyrigg or Bo’ness notwithstanding) 

As opposed to the fourth round? Worth the risk IMO.

Did any fellow Dees get any lovely DFC-related tat for Xmas?? I did, and it summed up 2020 in such an apt manner...

I got the "DFC - On This Day" book, so I naturally looked up my birthday to see what happened then. What did I discover? A rampant 3-0 win over Celtic? A comfortable win over the DABS? A Scottish Cup victory with an exciting comeback from 3-0 down to win 4-3? The announcement of one of the Bonetti-era superstars??

Nope, I got the tragic story of Hugh Ferguson, a prolific goal scorer who signed for us after scoring the winning goal in the 1927 FA Cup Final for Cardiff, only scored twice in 17 games for us,  developed depression and decided to commit suicide at Dens.

Merry Blooming Christmas....

15 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Did any fellow Dees get any lovely DFC-related tat for Xmas?? I did, and it summed up 2020 in such an apt manner...

I got the "DFC - On This Day" book, so I naturally looked up my birthday to see what happened then. What did I discover? A rampant 3-0 win over Celtic? A comfortable win over the DABS? A Scottish Cup victory with an exciting comeback from 3-0 down to win 4-3? The announcement of one of the Bonetti-era superstars??

Nope, I got the tragic story of Hugh Ferguson, a prolific goal scorer who signed for us after scoring the winning goal in the 1927 FA Cup Final for Cardiff, only scored twice in 17 games for us,  developed depression and decided to commit suicide at Dens.

Merry Blooming Christmas....

I got a scarf, a pair o undies and a dairy milk Dee bar that the missus says she’s been ripped off for 😂 apparently in the shop it was a throw away comment of “would like a bar of chocolate as well?” why not she says only to discover when she’s got home it was a fiver and it was only one of those pound bars you get 😂 she didn’t take it too well when I said “money for the club sweetheart” 😂 coincidentally I don’t wear a scarf or have ever had a pair o Dundee knickers in my life but hey-ho. 

Edited by Yenitit

Just now, Yenitit said:

I got a scarf, a pair o undies and a dairy milk Dee bar that the missus says she’s been ripped off for 😂 apparently in the shop it was a throw away comment of “would like a bar of chocolate as well?” She says when she’s got home it was a fiver and it was only one of those pound bars you get 😂 she didn’t take it too well when I said “money for the club sweetheart” 😂 coincidentally I don’t wear a scarf or have ever had a pair o Dundee knickers in my life but hey-ho. 

Conflicting thoughts in my head when seeing your avatar picture and mentioning underwear.....

Like the idea of the club ripping everyone off with the chocolate bar!!!!

38 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Conflicting thoughts in my head when seeing your avatar picture and mentioning underwear.....

Like the idea of the club ripping everyone off with the chocolate bar!!!!

Miss Dee Bliss would look sensational in those bad boys!

Oh the chocolate bar was only an extra wrapping of paper with The Dee on it and the club badge. The original Dairy Milk wrapper was still on it underneath it which didn’t help matters when I told her 😂

On a side note why the f**k didn’t our club have a stall in the Overgate like the filth did in the weeks leading up to Christmas. The lost revenue streams our club constantly neglects boils meh piss big time. 😡

Edited by Yenitit

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Is wee Nic Hamilton with us all season? 

Things have changed a bit back in Canada.. 

Hasn't even been on the bench the last few games, from what I can see. No idea why he can't be given a wee run out, surely he can't be worse than what we already have???