All things Dundee FC

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, a lot of these weirdo twitter folk are raving about him, claiming they've always known he's destined for the top.

Was hoping to drop in and tell them he was shite at Dundee tbh.

He was fucking rapid. Looked a bit raw when he was with us but like the guys have said above he looked as though he was just starting to find his feet when he got a nasty injury. Certainly didn't see enough to claim he was "destined for the top" but you could definitely tell he could have been a good player for us at the time.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Stuart Rafferty should’ve been capped for Scotland. 

Yeah, and from the same era, Tommy Coyne should have been capped by Scotland when scoring for fun at Dens long before Jackie Charlton called him up for Ireland in '92.

Also recall Robert Connor shining on his Scotland debut in a 0-0 draw against Holland in '86. Never called upon again till he left Dens.

Then the token Jim Duffy call up to the U21's as an over-age player.

Delighted to take the bait Yenitit, only sitting watching Stoke drawing with Spurs just now.

Regards

18 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Yeah, and from the same era, Tommy Coyne should have been capped by Scotland when scoring for fun at Dens long before Jackie Charlton called him up for Ireland in '92.

Also recall Robert Connor shining on his Scotland debut in a 0-0 draw against Holland in '86. Never called upon again till he left Dens.

Then the token Jim Duffy call up to the U21's as an over-age player.

Delighted to take the bait Yenitit, only sitting watching Stoke drawing with Spurs just now.

Regards

No, no fire on.

It was a sin that Super Tommy never got in a Scotland squad. What a goalscorer he was for us and what a partnership with Keith Wright. 

Remember well the press Connor got after his Scotland debut only shortly later  to sign for Aberdeen. Did Connor score in the 1st few minutes in our League Cup Semi at Tannadice in front of the 2nd largest crowd that particular crowd will ever hold?

Finally Jim Duffy goes down as one of the best players not to have been capped for Scotland. 

Edited by Yenitit

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

That’s a random quote 😂 what brought that to mind?

Me and my old boy follow Carlisle. Anyway we knew of him before he came up to play for Dundee but when he played for us he was just shite. Playing in midfield when he shouldn't of been. Good few Carlisle players who do come up to Scotland do alright. 

That was it really. Like to go back to players of the past. Thinking of the present is just shite 

1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

Me and my old boy follow Carlisle. Anyway we knew of him before he came up to play for Dundee but when he played for us he was just shite. Playing in midfield when he shouldn't of been. Good few Carlisle players who do come up to Scotland do alright. 

That was it really. Like to go back to players of the past. Thinking of the present is just shite 

Wasn’t one of McIntyre’s shitty signings from Carlisle? O’Sullivan was it?

3 hours ago, Yenitit said:

No, no fire on.

It was a sin that Super Tommy never got in a Scotland squad. What a goalscorer he was for us and what a partnership with Keith Wright. 

Remember well the press Connor got after his Scotland debut only shortly later  to sign for Aberdeen. Did Connor score in the 1st few minutes in our League Cup Semi at Tannadice in front of the 2nd largest crowd that particular crowd will ever hold?

Finally Jim Duffy goes down as one of the best players not to have been capped for Scotland. 

I'm simply not buying that there were more people in Tannadice for any game ever than there was for that semi final. Boys hanging fae the rafters. Genuinely scary at times. Typically for  such a hyped up game we were 1 nil down after 40 seconds and proceeded to be pish for the next 89 and a half minutes.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Christie Elliott played for Carlisle 

Yeah, had a look and O'Sullivan played 35 games for Carlisle in the 17/18 season according to Wikipedia. Apparently scored 4 goals as well

Edited by RossDee01

16 hours ago, Robin.Hood said:

Jordan Marshall came through Carlisle's Academy too though he never got a game for their first team. We snapped him up as soon as he was released by them.

6 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jordan Marshall came through Carlisle's Academy too though he never got a game for their first team. We snapped him up as soon as he was released by them.

Josh Todd too, although with a few more steps inbetween right enough

26 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Have a Merry Christmas tomorrow my fellow Dees!

All the very best Ross and to all other Dark Blues at Christmas, here's to healthier, near-normal, better days ahead for all on P&B!

Festive regards                 178460164_OIP(11).jpg.772c2d297896dbc5aeee9f83afe5782f.jpg            966757298_download(12).jpg.56de6a4a48b46b55d14fc6fe0af85a32.jpg