All things Dundee FC

11 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I was looking for a Dundee top as it’s coming to Christmas and I came across this concept top, thoughts? Personally I think it looks smart instead of the usual template thing we usually get lathe I’d change the badge

447B313C-D0AE-40D6-A160-462B13C966CC.png

C3C04034-8721-4ACC-9AE6-1A6E77340C2E.png

Maybe as a third kit.

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Proof will be in the pudding when we see what's coming through in 4-5 years time I suppose.

Is there a genuine worry he turns away decent players for being "too small"?

I know he apparently prepared for this role with you lot, but that preparation seems to tie up perfectly with his rant about Scottish players being too small.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I know he apparently prepared for this role with you lot, but that preparation seems to tie up perfectly with his rant about Scottish players being too small.

Not really. Feedback from parents about his tenure has been overwhelmingly positive. Obviously with this pandemic we've had to scrap a lot of our youth teams, but the main thing from the outsiders perspective that Strachan has introduced is more engagement. He gets youth players playing first team football by getting them out on loan even if that means sending them to the juniors. That and he's ensuring that all players have a back-up option if football doesn't work out. He's apparently also got parents more involved with the development as well and is in regular contact with the families.

The genuine worry is that he'll be receiving a tidy wedge and we end up not producing a lot of talent - That won't necessarily be an indictment on him as obviously a part of that is pot luck, but McPake done not too badly with the youth he developed when he was in the role.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt it very much, because his comments about height were deliberately misrepresented to further a 'look what that idiot Strachan has come away with now lol' narrative.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not really. Feedback from parents about his tenure has been overwhelmingly positive. Obviously with this pandemic we've had to scrap a lot of our youth teams, but the main thing from the outsiders perspective that Strachan has introduced is more engagement. He gets youth players playing first team football by getting them out on loan even if that means sending them to the juniors. That and he's ensuring that all players have a back-up option if football doesn't work out. He's apparently also got parents more involved with the development as well and is in regular contact with the families.

Do you have any links or just anything regarding how well Strachan is doing.

The back up option I also wanna hear more about as I know a 17 year old who is there about and has zero back up option if football dosnt work out. 

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

Do you have any links or just anything regarding how well Strachan is doing.

The back up option I also wanna hear more about as I know a 17 year old who is there about and has zero back up option if football dosnt work out. 

I am Gordon Strachan.

10 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Rangers will accept a six-figure fee for Greg Stewart in January, with the 30-year-old forward out of contract at the end of the season and on the fringes of the Ibrox squad. (Football Insider)

Well Nelms, you know what to do..

I’m probably going to get pelters for saying this but given all the circumstances I doubt Rangers will even get £100,000 for Stewart.  Yes, he was outstanding for us but he seriously lacks pace.  Realistically he’s a middle of the table Scottish Premiership type player, at best.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I’m probably going to get pelters for saying this but given all the circumstances I doubt Rangers will even get £100,000 for Stewart.  Yes, he was outstanding for us but he seriously lacks pace.  Realistically he’s a middle of the table Scottish Premiership type player, at best.

You shouldn't get pelters for that at all. Especially under the current climate ... you know of this pesky once a century pandemic and clubs taking on loans and grants and having to stream games.

Rangers should be happy to offload the guy, and any team paying 100 grand for him should have any gov't grant or loan immediately cancelled. Rangers should get stuffed especially considering he's out of contract in 6 months. They are taking the piss or the guy writing that article is, one or the other.

19 minutes ago, CanadianDee said:

You shouldn't get pelters for that at all. Especially under the current climate ... you know of this pesky once a century pandemic and clubs taking on loans and grants and having to stream games.

Rangers should be happy to offload the guy, and any team paying 100 grand for him should have any gov't grant or loan immediately cancelled. Rangers should get stuffed especially considering he's out of contract in 6 months. They are taking the piss or the guy writing that article is, one or the other.

Correct.  They paid (and we accepted) £50,000 for Glen Kamara who had 6 months left on his contract.  I think we can all agree Kamara is a far superior player than Stewart.