All things Dundee FC

Absolutely fair play to Connor Hazard, seems like a good guy and I would have had him back here. But getting a 'bumper new contract' after only conceding 2 goals against Lille and keeping a clean sheet again Kilmarnock shows how much of a joke act Celtic have become. 

15 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Absolutely fair play to Connor Hazard, seems like a good guy and I would have had him back here. But getting a 'bumper new contract' after only conceding 2 goals against Lille and keeping a clean sheet again Kilmarnock shows how much of a joke act Celtic have become. 

Just mean’s we’ll get him on loan next season instead of on a permanent contract. He won’t be Celtic’s no. 1 permanently for a while I think. 

He thought he was great Bain, when in reality he was bog standard, couldn't keep a penalty out to save his life as well. Not in the same class as Douglas, Speroni, Allan, Donaldson, Carson, Geddes or even Alan Blair. IMO.

You can’t judge a goalkeeper on penalty saving, Bain may not be good enough for Celtic but he’s more than good enough to bea mid table goalkeeper and people are just clouded over they way he left when in reality he’s one of the better keepers we’ve had in about 10-12 years

19 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

He thought he was great Bain, when in reality he was bog standard, couldn't keep a penalty out to save his life as well. Not in the same class as Douglas, Speroni, Allan, Donaldson, Carson, Geddes or even Alan Blair. IMO.

Nice one Biggie, a few memorable custodian blasts from the past there.

Ahh, Tom Carson, never dull when TC was between the sticks.

When he played it was usually most of the Derry that was 'touching cloth', lol.  Mind you, he'd waltz into today's team, as would Bain.

Regards

2126647393_download(5).jpg.34edf87584ef66ac5a29c2e4a8aa64a7.jpg 

7 minutes ago, This Charming Man said:

Nice one Biggie, a few memorable custodian blasts from the past there.

Ahh, Tom Carson, never dull when TC was between the sticks.

When he played it was usually most of the Derry that was 'touching cloth', lol.  Mind you, he'd waltz into today's team, as would Bain.

Regards

2126647393_download(5).jpg.34edf87584ef66ac5a29c2e4a8aa64a7.jpg 

Spot on, he seemed to be a nervous wreck, but was always 'world class' against the DAB's.

21 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

You can’t judge a goalkeeper on penalty saving, Bain may not be good enough for Celtic but he’s more than good enough to bea mid table goalkeeper and people are just clouded over they way he left when in reality he’s one of the better keepers we’ve had in about 10-12 years

Not judging him on the penalties, and you're correct, he clouded my opinion of him, totally unprofessional, the way he carried on.

12 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Not judging him on the penalties, and you're correct, he clouded my opinion of him, totally unprofessional, the way he carried on.

In fairness though, Scott Bain was professional enough at Dens not to give his small-minded, pseudo-currant bun, all knowing, potty-mouthed gaffer a deserved smack in the puss, imho.

Would have him back no problem, although James McPake would probably play him up front!!

2100660273_OIP(19).jpg.4e787b23f4c7404aa17a059a0ded9121.jpg   

Edited by This Charming Man

Scott Bain had a spell of 6 months where he looked like he could be mentioned in the same breath of Rab & Speroni, but then his form went off a cliff and he was extremely unprofessional on the pitch and off it. It's telling that a bog standard keeper like Parish kept more clean sheets in fewer games that season.

Wouldn't have him back even if he is better than what we've got.

According to McPake, its likely that 2 of the 3 out of Mullen, Gowser and Jakubiak should be for and ready to play on Saturday, while the other will be 'touch and go'. Said one player didn't miss training, another joined out of joining today or tomorrow, but wouldn't say who was who.

He did say though that Legzdins will miss out again. Some signing he's turning out to be.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Scott Bain had a spell of 6 months where he looked like he could be mentioned in the same breath of Rab & Speroni, but then his form went off a cliff and he was extremely unprofessional on the pitch and off it. It's telling that a bog standard keeper like Parish kept more clean sheets in fewer games that season.

Wouldn't have him back even if he is better than what we've got.

You've seen more of him than me obviously but for me Scott Bain is a good keeper but not a great one who has over-achieved in his career due to being in the right place at the right time. He's not international standard but his availability when Celtic desperately needed a keeper got him a gig above his station really and then almost automatically got him in the Scotland squad and caps.

He's decent enough and, other than Gordon, would probably be the best keeper at this level if he was playing here but he's not in the top half dozen in the country and probably not in the top half dozen Scottish keepers.

Bain is a decent keeper, but obviously a bit of an arsehole off the pitch. I didn't blame him at the time when he reacted to abuse from the stands, because frankly we have a considerable number of utter arseholes in our support who will give players stick no matter what. He did have a curiously bad record on penalties. He is unquestionably a far, far better keeper than what we have though. In all fairness however i could pull a pair of gloves on and not be much worse than Hamilton. Whilst in theory I'd have a mid-table SPL lever keeper back, there's probably too much baggage there now. 

ETA Tam Carson was a fucking legend. He was average against almost everyone except the DABs, who regularly looked like they'd burst with frustration when trying and often failing to get the better of him. He made some miraculous saves against them. I remember one shut out at Tannadice where he saved 3 or 4 John Clark piledrivers. Carson was also a very useful member of the First Division squad in the early 90s after Geddes went to Killie iirc. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

Tam Carson was one of football’s characters to say the least, very funny guy. 

Met his ex wife years ago (wid) she didn't like him, said she put a mouse-trap in the bottom of a bag with other stuff in it , and got him to put his hand in it for a 'surprise'.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Met his ex wife years ago (wid) she didn't like him, said she put a mouse-trap in the bottom of a bag with other stuff in it , and got him to put his hand in it for a 'surprise'.

😂😂😂 

Remember being told his wife was an absolute weapon. 

Footballers punching above their weight has to have Davie Bowman at the very top tbf. 

Edited by Yenitit